1. Post #1481
    December 2009
    4,840 Posts
    that wouldnt be canon with the comics (read world war hulk)
    Didn't he kill 47 people and a dog just before they shot him off into space?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1482
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    Also before Thor came out most people I met didn't have a clue who he was
    really? he was always my favorite superhero, and I never read the comics before this year

also, the problem with adding heroes isnt that theyre unknown, its just that it could make the story way too busy, not to mention some of them would be plain stupid in a live action film (Im looking at you, ant man)

Edited:

Didn't he kill 47 people and a dog just before they shot him off into space?
    not that Im aware of

3. Post #1483
    December 2009
    4,840 Posts
    also, the problem with adding heroes isnt that theyre unknown, its just that it could make the story way too busy, not to mention some of them would be plain stupid in a live action film (Im looking at you, ant man)
    If theyre given their own film first then they wont need to introduce them, some are difficult for the big screen like Ant Man but others aren't so bad, the Maximoffs due to legal reasons of FOX owning the Xmen movie rights would be impossible to have an origin story as it would have to mention Magneto, the Brotherhood and mutants. Vision you would need Ant man to make Ultron first, so really the only ones that can be added with no problems is Black Panther and Ms Marvel.

4. Post #1484
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    wasnt ms marvel raped or something? I can see black panther being in a movie, though

5. Post #1485
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    She was kidnapped then came back impregnated.

People complained the implied rape was too much.

Edited:

Didn't he kill 47 people and a dog
    A DOG?

SEND HIM TO SPACE NOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #1486
    May 2011
    6,232 Posts
    Well, the movies aren't exactly canon with the comics (Tony Stark in the Middle East, Blonsky being a British soldier, Chituari that aren't Skrulls, etc.)

7. Post #1487
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,595 Posts
    I seen the animated movie based off Planet Hulk, wasn't bad.

There was also a what-if comic where Hulk landed on the planet he was suppose to, it was nice.

8. Post #1488
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    Well, the movies aren't exactly canon with the comics (Tony Stark in the Middle East, Blonsky being a British soldier, Chituari that aren't Skrulls, etc.)
    I dont know about the others, but Stark did go to the middle east (or was it Asia?) in the Extremis comics

9. Post #1489
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,758 Posts
    I dont know about the others, but Stark did go to the middle east (or was it Asia?) in the Extremis comics
    Well, they gotta change it every few years to keep him from being old.

Originally he was injured in the vietnam war.

Also, Arc reactors didnt exist at all until the movies came out, then the comics used them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1490
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    IMO the Arc Reactor on his chest was a much better solution than what they did in Extremis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1491
    May 2010
    17,758 Posts
    IMO the Arc Reactor on his chest was a much better solution than what they did in Extremis
    Erm...Extremis wasnt the solution to the shrapnel in the comics either, he used the entire iron man chestplate as the electro magnet, he used extremis to save his life after he was beaten to shit.

And they're using Extremis in Iron Man 3.

12. Post #1492
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    didnt he use his own suit to save his life
    as in, the suit in the comics worked as the chest reactor in the movies

13. Post #1493
    May 2010
    17,758 Posts
    didnt he use his own suit to save his life
    as in, the suit in the comics worked as the chest reactor in the movies
    Thats what i just said.

14. Post #1494
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,292 Posts
    yes and what you said wasnt what I- nevermind it

15. Post #1495
    May 2010
    17,758 Posts
    yes and what you said wasnt what I- nevermind it
    Oh i see, my bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1496
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,893 Posts
    One guy from reddit assembled all the pre avengers movie in one,putting all the scenes in a chronological order
    It's 22gb, 9 hours long
    Won't link the reddit post in here because it contains links to the torrent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #1497
    November 2009
    6,469 Posts
    One guy from reddit assembled all the pre avengers movie in one,putting all the scenes in a chronological order
    It's 22gb, 9 hours long
    pm it to me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1498
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    It's 22gb, 9 hours long
    Respect for that guy. Must have taken weeks to make.

19. Post #1499
    June 2008
    4,441 Posts
    So does Captain America come first, then he doesn't get unfrozen until the end?

Edited:

And do Hulk and Iron Man overlap in places?

20. Post #1500
    October 2009
    1,280 Posts
    How would that work, honestly?
    Like Iron Man is beating up terrorists, then it transitions to the Hulk smashing stuff?

21. Post #1501
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,954 Posts
    Well first it's captain America. Then I think everything that happens in Iron man 1 comes first. Then the Incredibly Hulk (We see Stark at the end with knowledge of the Avengers). Then Iron Man 2 (We see Thors hammer at the very end) So Thor comes next, finally ending with the thawing of Captain America.
    Finishing of with the Avengers movie.
    Wouldn't be that hard would it?

22. Post #1502
    June 2008
    4,441 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Hulk and Iron Man are the same time period
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1503
    May 2011
    6,232 Posts
    Here's how things happen, in order:
    1. Beginning of Thor
    2. All but the end of Captain America
    3. Opening flashback of Hulk
    4. Iron Man
    5. All but the end of Incredible Hulk*
    6. All but the end of Iron Man 2*
    7. Thor arrives in New Mexico*
    8. End of Incredible Hulk*
    9. End of Iron Man 2*
    10. End of Thor*
    11. End of Captain America
    12. The Avengers

(* took place within the same week)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #1504
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Hulk and Iron Man are the same time period
    But to understand the scene after the credits of Hulk you need to see Iron Man.

It's generally accepted it's order of release, otherwise just start with Captain America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1505
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,954 Posts
    Marvel rumored to re-release the directors cut in cinemas. 35 minutes of extra footage.

http://www.superheroauthority.com/20...red-to-be.html

Hell I'd see it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #1506
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    I'd like to see it in 3D as I've never tried 3D. I'm a 3D virgin.

Actually I'm a virgin in every sense of the word but cinema isn't going to help in any other case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1507
    January 2010
    268 Posts
    Actually I'm a virgin in every sense of the word but cinema isn't going to help in any other case.
    Heard the popcorn bucket trick works pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #1508
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #1509
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, The Hobbit, Star Trek 2) would make a GREAT Dr Strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1510
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    nah John Hawkes would be a much better Dr Strange
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1511
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,118 Posts
    Only actor who has expressed interest to play him so far is Patrick Dempsey

32. Post #1512
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,527 Posts
    if Luke Cage ever makes an appearance I'd want Michael Jai White to play him

probably won't happen but still that would be boss

33. Post #1513
    November 2009
    6,469 Posts
    if Luke Cage ever makes an appearance I'd want Michael Jai White to play him

probably won't happen but still that would be boss
    Isaiah Mustafa, man.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1514
    May 2011
    6,232 Posts
    Isaiah Mustafa or Michael Clarke Duncan would make great Luke Cages

35. Post #1515
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    I feel Isaiahs voice better suits Black Panther.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1516
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,719 Posts
    Fan reaction to the credits scene at about 10:42.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #1517
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts

Ask yourself. Why is Spider-Mans actor reading a massive bunch of Avengers comics round the same time Marvel hints a deal is being struck with Sony? Look closer.

"Thanos Avengers". Thanos.    Who appears to be the plot for Avengers 2   .

He COULD just be a massive fan. But not even a massive fan walks around with a bundle of comics from a series from a while back.

So I'm gonna get excited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1518
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,118 Posts
    Sources within Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have confirmed that the Guardians of the Galaxy movie to be set for May 2014

39. Post #1519
    July 2008
    10,772 Posts
    Why are Marvel focusing on Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man?

Why not bigger contenders like Black Panther or Ms Marvel? Hell even a new Fantastic 4 or X-men 4?

Why the hell is Marvel making movies on Guardians of the Galaxy when nobody really knows them AND they've never been popular. Ant Man is a terrible character with a terribly costume and a terrible power in my opinion.

Plus can you imaging Robert Downey JR acting infront of Rocket Raccoon? They've gone out of their way to make these super hero films semi-realistic these days but who cares, the giant Raccoon and Ant Man are super popular characters amongst the public. Oh shit wait they're not this is a terrible idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1520
    May 2011
    6,232 Posts
    Why are Marvel focusing on Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man?

Why not bigger contenders like Black Panther or Ms Marvel? Hell even a new Fantastic 4 or X-men 4?

Why the hell is Marvel making movies on Guardians of the Galaxy when nobody really knows them AND they've never been popular. Ant Man is a terrible character with a terribly costume and a terrible power in my opinion.

Plus can you imaging Robert Downey JR acting infront of Rocket Raccoon? They've gone out of their way to make these super hero films semi-realistic these days but who cares, the giant Raccoon and Ant Man are super popular characters amongst the public. Oh shit wait they're not this is a terrible idea.
    1. There's no indication that the Guardians of the Galaxy will tie into Avengers. It seems like the tones are just too different, combining what seems like a space opera with the wham-bam action of Avengers.

2. Ant Man is a founding member of the Avengers (in the comics) and could bring up some really interesting character development (a pacifist who is also a superhero), not to mention    ULTRON   .

3. The Ant Man movie is apparently being done by the director of Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz as a "WOO, LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE WITH SCIENCE!" kinda flick that doesn't tak itself too seriously, so that honestly sounds pretty cool.