1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Joss Whedon was the right man to trust for this, I'm sure.

I really hope I don't look back at this post in the future and rate myself disagree after watching the film ..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,759 Posts
    Stark owned Cap. That is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,206 Posts
    I'm confused. Why would super heroes like Iron Man, Thor and Hulk need help from a bow and arrow guy and a very athletic human? I never read the comics, so I hope someone who did can explain that. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    They are heroes as well, just because they aren't on the same scale doesn't mean they should be excluded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    They are heroes as well, just because they aren't on the same scale doesn't mean they shouldn't be excluded
    Pretty much. The only difference between Iron Man and Batman is the suit itself. Other than that, they're both just technovigilantes. Hawkye is unparalleled with a bow and Scarlett Johanssen's sheer beauty will force the villains to commit suicide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,560 Posts
    I'm confused. Why would super heroes like Iron Man, Thor and Hulk need help from a bow and arrow guy and a very athletic human? I never read the comics, so I hope someone who did can explain that. :)
    Hawkeye is the best shot with a bow the world has ever seen. Black Widow...is Scarlett Johansson. Bam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    April 2010
    807 Posts
    Fuck yeah, I'm excited.

8. Post #248
    May 2007
    930 Posts
    Does anyone else feel like the fact that Loki is sort of an obscure and silly bad guy will affect this movie negatively and make it somewhat horrible.

I mean it's all bad enough that they have to include Thor at all (let alone give him his own movie) but now they have to use his nemesis as the main bad guy?

I've always thought that Thor was one of the stupidest superhero ever.

"Thor?, you mean he was inspired by the mythological figure of Thor and named himself after him?"

"No, he literally is Thor, the Norse god of thunder and oak trees"

I might as well pitch marvel for my own new superhero, Jesus.

He is literally the second coming of Jesus, and has all the powers of Jesus, but for some reason is also a superhero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,704 Posts
    Does anyone else feel like the fact that Loki is sort of an obscure and silly bad guy will affect this movie negatively and make it somewhat horrible.

I mean it's all bad enough that they have to include Thor at all (let alone give him his own movie) but now they have to use his nemesis as the main bad guy?

"Thor?, you mean he was inspired by the mythological figure of Thor and named himself after him?"

He is literally the second coming of Jesus, and has all the powers of Jesus, but for some reason is also a superhero.
    What irks me a little be more is not who they have but who they don't (Spiderman, Fantastic 4, and the X-men)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Marvel does not have the film rights for those characters

11. Post #251
    Dangit Peggy, who threw out this mayon naise jar; I use it to store, extra screws.
    February 2008
    941 Posts
    What video is your avatar from?

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts

The Justice League has invaded The Avengers' thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    ^ Very irrelevant, but still awesome.

Also mother fucker that trailer was amazing. This is one of my most anticipated movies ever.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,004 Posts
    Wait, weren't spiderman and the wolverine part of the avengers?

Edited:

Like, as in the original comic book.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,089 Posts
    Wait, weren't spiderman and the wolverine part of the avengers?

Edited:

Like, as in the original comic book.
    Yes. There have been a lot of members of the Avengers.

16. Post #256
    August 2009
    14,864 Posts
    Anything with Samuel L Fuckin' Jackson is worth watching
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    I like Cobie Smulders.

But the whole Avengers deal is just a bit too much for me. I like the more "real" approach of the newer Batman movies and this just smells too much like "Fantastic Four" and it was a horrible movie.

Edited:

I just think that all of those heroes would need an incredibly forced plot to drive the movie, gotta make sure everyone uses his powers, gotta make sure of drama, gotta make sure to cater to the fans.

You can't do that without screwing one or another role up. A movie just doesn't allow for the attention. It's ok in comics, they have a series, they have time, the scenes in between panels are filled with your imagination, but in a movie... not so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,984 Posts
    Wow, Downey Jr. stole the show in that trailer.

Edited:

I like Cobie Smulders.

But the whole Avengers deal is just a bit too much for me. I like the more "real" approach of the newer Batman movies and this just smells too much like "Fantastic Four" and it was a horrible movie.
    Same, the awesome thing about the Iron Man movies is that it's not too far fetched (only really far fetched thing is the power source, but even that is not impossible). Throwing in Hulk and Thor (especially Thor) ruins it a bit (try adding Superman to the Batman movies, yeah).
    I'm still excited for it though. Also Iron Man 3 is going to be more along the lines of a Tom Clancy novel, so even if The Avengers doesn't meet the expectations, there's that to look forward to.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,704 Posts

Doesn't make them not Marvel characters

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,037 Posts
    All the recent marvel boots have been awesome (Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk and even Thor) so I have very little doubts to this not being a really good film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    It would appear that a scene from Iron Man (Top) was used in the trailer (Bottom).

Other than that, here are some screengrabs

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    May 2007
    930 Posts
    Same, the awesome thing about the Iron Man movies is that it's not too far fetched (only really far fetched thing is the power source, but even that is not impossible). Throwing in Hulk and Thor (especially Thor) ruins it a bit (try adding Superman to the Batman movies, yeah).
    I'm still excited for it though. Also Iron Man 3 is going to be more along the lines of a Tom Clancy novel, s
    Yeah it sort of ruins the whole Iron Man thing of

"I have used the awesome power of research and science to create a suit which I use to uphold justice"

if you throw Thor in the mix to go all "lol I just use magic" (mention that stupid "WHER I CUMS FRUM MAGIC N SCIENCE IS TEH SAME THING" and I will slap you upside the head)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    I'm still excited for it though. Also Iron Man 3 is going to be more along the lines of a Tom Clancy novel, so even if The Avengers doesn't meet the expectations, there's that to look forward to.
    Well, if anything magical/supernatural was added to the Nolan Batman films, I would rage, but for some reason it doesn't bother me with Avengers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Well, if anything magical/supernatural was added to the Nolan Batman films, I would rage, but for some reason it doesn't bother me with Avengers.
    Agreed, but I have to mention the whole "MAJICKS=SCIENCE" thing. The Marvel universe has always used that to make the super heroes seem realistic, and its worked for the past 40 years or so.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,206 Posts

26. Post #266
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,225 Posts

But I think Thor is awesome.

Did you moan when Stargate said Egyptian Gods were real?

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Hey, guys!

I'm meeting Chris Evans tomorrow at Comic Con, in person. I won a shirt at the Avengers booth. Pics inbound.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,995 Posts
    Last night I had a dream about the Avengers.
    It was their second movie and i was alternating between watching it and being one of them.

The only real avengers there were Ironman and Spiderman. Then there were a couple of people with the same general abilities as Captain America only they wore white. There was also a big white Hulk who wasn't called the Hulk.
    Sometimes I was Spiderman and got about 2 metres climbing up a wall then I fell down.
    There was a guy who was an Avenger with us but he was too crazy so he became our enemy.

Just thought i'd share that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,223 Posts
    Someone get me a .gif of SJ with that explosion behind her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,714 Posts
    Of course

Needs to be slower

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    0.09, slowest I would go

33. Post #273
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,223 Posts
    0.09, slowest I would go

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,376 Posts
    She's beautiful*

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    The Avengers panel at Comic Con was awesome.

-We got to see the trailer on giant screens and with an epic sound system.
    -We saw a clip from the movie where Natasha Romanov meets none other than Bruce Banner.
    -Some other clips from the movie, including this famous scene:
    Loki: "We have an army" (paraphrase)
    Stark: "We have a hulk."

Edited:

And apparently the entire female gender is utterly in love with Tom Hiddleston.

Edited:

But yeah to be frank its going to be the greatest movie ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #276
    January 2010
    3,949 Posts
    0.09, slowest I would go

to explain this image is easy, someone on the bus basically just noticed Scarlett Johannsson in tight leather thus his cock............................yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    December 2010
    38 Posts
    No Edward Norton? I ain't payin for dis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    January 2010
    3,949 Posts
    now that's just stupid considering hulk is the weaker developed character out of all of them, not to mention the least interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Saw the trailer for the first time last night. That NIN song does not work at all. I know he's sold out and he's slapping his shit all over the place but come on.

Edited:

Cuz anyone gives a fuck about Hulk. Ed Norton was Ed Norton in that movie, I don't get why people think he was so good. In fact, he's Ed Norton in EVERY movie I've ever seen him in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,376 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)