1. Post #81
    July 2010
    1,456 Posts
    whats the point of making something this dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    September 2009
    443 Posts
    Great news, I'm jealous. I hate this stupid 1440x900 dual monitor setup.
    Don't be hatin' on multiple 1440x900 screens.

3. Post #83
    I'm dumb! You don't have an excuse!
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    whats the point of making something this dumb.
    That's a really sad attempt at trolling. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    That's a really sad attempt at trolling. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Zzzz...zz..... ^ My first reaction aswell. I liked it better when he was banned.

5. Post #85
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    I never heard of UltraSharp 24" monitors. What's special about them? :ohdear:
    Dell Ultrasharps are widely considered one of the best monitors available.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,945 Posts
    I never heard of UltraSharp 24" monitors. What's special about them? :ohdear:
    I love how you sit there and rate my posts dumb when you don't even know what one of the greatest line of monitors ever created are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    I just played through two long rounds of Killing Floor on this thing :smithicide:

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    I just played through two long rounds of Killing Floor on this thing :smithicide:
    :wtc: Get to a hospital, tell the doctor how bad the framerates were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,089 Posts
    so how powerful is this say, compared to a non-ion, atom netbook?

10. Post #90
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    so how powerful is this say, compared to a non-ion, atom netbook?
    According to benchmarks this processor is ~35% more powerful than a same clocked single core atom, and almost exactly the same as a same clock dual core atom. But the graphics let it down a LOT. Apparently VIA is close to a major update to their graphics chipsets that may actually be able to play Source games on ultra-low settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    According to benchmarks this processor is ~35% more powerful than a same clocked single core atom, and almost exactly the same as a same clock dual core atom. But the graphics let it down a LOT. Apparently VIA is close to a major update to their graphics chipsets that may actually be able to play Source games on ultra-low settings.
    Amazing, but do tell the framerates on killing floor.

12. Post #92
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Amazing, but do tell the framerates on killing floor.
    I think it was 10 with no enemies on screen. Each enemy took down about a quarter of a frame. Half Life: Blue Shift at 640x480 right now gets about 20 during most of the intro sequence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    I think it was 10 with no enemies on screen. Each enemy took down about a quarter of a frame. Half Life: Blue Shift at 640x480 right now gets about 20 during most of the intro sequence.
    Oh my god, That is worse then I expected. Do you think you can find some sort of adapter to let you atleast install a PCI video card. A PCI 32mb Ati Rage pro gets better fps!

14. Post #94
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Oh my god, That is worse then I expected. Do you think you can find some sort of adapter to let you atleast install a PCI video card. A PCI 32mb Ati Rage pro gets better fps!
    Yes it does, because that is a dedicated card with twice the VRAM as this one shares with the memory. And no, no adapters because there are no pin headers for PCI, PCIe x1, PCIe X16, AGP, etc on it at all. I think I've seen some USB video cards but they only drive displays, not power graphics at all.

Edited:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/t...PHvHh1z7SRNwXK

Speccy'd. You jelly? :frogc00l:

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Yes it does, because that is a dedicated card with twice the VRAM as this one shares with the memory. And no, no adapters because there are no pin headers for PCI, PCIe x1, PCIe X16, AGP, etc on it at all. I think I've seen some USB video cards but they only drive displays, not power graphics at all.

Edited:

VIA Chrome9, can it run 720p video?

16. Post #96
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    VIA Chrome9, can it run 720p video?
    1080p :frogc00l:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    1080p :frogc00l:
    lol amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #98
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    lol amazing.
    hell yes it is. now if only I could get a front panel audio pin thing with a 2mm pitch. Then it could output sound :science:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,201 Posts
    It has no sound output?

20. Post #100
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    It has no sound output?
    I can't find a way to make it output sound through HDMI, and there are no sound ports of any kind on it. There are pin headers for line in, out, mic-in, and SPDIF out. I need those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    I can't find a way to make it output sound through HDMI, and there are no sound ports of any kind on it. There are pin headers for line in, out, mic-in, and SPDIF out. I need those.
    Ask Vladimir Putin. He knows how.

Edited:

Edited:

Yes, but it is kind of funny. Then again this is a nettop or a bunch of parts on a table, not sure what you call what you have made.

22. Post #102
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Yes, but it is kind of funny. Then again this is a nettop or a bunch of parts on a table, not sure what you call what you have made.
    Art
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Yes, Art I suppose. That reminds me of some TV series I saw a while ago.

24. Post #104
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    getting unreal 1 and 2 and quake 1 and 2 for this thing. I can't remember any pre-2000 classics. I want old FPS's, maybe RTS's, fun old shit, any help? requirements need to be less than 1ghz and 16mb or less VRAM(32 is possible).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,952 Posts
    Starcraft?

26. Post #106
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Starcraft?
    trying to get games mostly from steam, but that's a good one. I'll look at other distributors and see if I can find a copy.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    OHMYFUCKYES
    Axiom requested a permaban for himself. Christmas came early...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,342 Posts
    OHMYFUCKYES
    Axiom requested a permaban for himself. Christmas came early...
    Don't get your hopes up, he'll just create a new account and be annoying as ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    getting unreal 1 and 2 and quake 1 and 2 for this thing. I can't remember any pre-2000 classics. I want old FPS's, maybe RTS's, fun old shit, any help? requirements need to be less than 1ghz and 16mb or less VRAM(32 is possible).
    Marathon? Should work, and is free....

30. Post #110
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    posting from school on my pico machine :smugdog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,666 Posts
    posting from school on my pico machine :smugdog:
    Why did you install W7 on it? Wouldn't it be better with something less demanding?

32. Post #112
    August 2010
    2,838 Posts
    duke nukem?

Edited:

Doom?

33. Post #113
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Why did you install W7 on it? Wouldn't it be better with something less demanding?
    Actually, funny you should ask. I'm reformatting and installing Windows XP with the school disk right now :frogc00l:

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,666 Posts
    Actually, funny you should ask. I'm reformatting and installing Windows XP with the school disk right now :frogc00l:
    Sounds good.

35. Post #115
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Sounds good.
    GOOD NEWS! According to Windows, CD-R is a viable alternative to floppy disks! I HAD NO IDEA!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,666 Posts
    GOOD NEWS! According to Windows, CD-R is a viable alternative to floppy disks! I HAD NO IDEA!
    Well, it's Microsoft, I'm sure they know what they're doing, but this just sounds.. Risky..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Deathmatch Classic!

38. Post #118
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Okay so somehow I managed to fuck up installing windows. Don't ask me how, I don't know. There was no internet explorer, and almost no drivers at all on the computer. So I reformatted and am going to install 7 again.

Edited:

:froggonk:

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,666 Posts
    Okay so somehow I managed to fuck up installing windows. Don't ask me how, I don't know. There was no internet explorer, and almost no drivers at all on the computer. So I reformatted and am going to install 7 again.

Edited:

:froggonk:
    You made a FatfatFatty with Windows XP. That's pretty impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    You made a FatfatFatty with Windows XP. That's pretty impressive.
    Yeah, yeah it is... :crying: