1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,977 Posts
    Okay, so i'm pretty sure it's a movie. It felt pretty long.
    It was Winnie the Pooh. And Pooh and friends go to a scary mountain. Maybe 'terror mountain' or something like that.
    All I remember is the owl at the start talking about it. And one scene where they have to save Pooh from an underground cavern so they lower down a pot of honey with a rope and pull him up.

2. Post #562
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    10,058 Posts
    This is probably the least helpful request, but..

Can't remember this movie, I can only remember a part of one scene.
    There was like a party or something, lots of people in a hall. Then suddenly a wire passes through the room and slices lots of people in half. It might have been on a boat or something.

I can understand if this doesn't help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,977 Posts
    This is probably the least helpful request, but..

Can't remember this movie, I can only remember a part of one scene.
    There was like a party or something, lots of people in a hall. Then suddenly a wire passes through the room and slices lots of people in half. It might have been on a boat or something.

I can understand if this doesn't help.
    Ghost ship
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0288477/

Begining of the movie, there's a party going on on a a boat, then a cable snaps and everyone gets sliced in half. Not the best movie, but it's a pretty cool scene.

4. Post #564

September 2009
    3,263 Posts
    Does this go for serieses too?
    Because there's this series that i've been trying to track for a while now.
    It was CGI animated show about some moomin like different colored animals who lived in a house in the middle of the forest. They rode on balloons and each one had a different styled balloon (I remember one looking like a candy cane). One of them wasn't an animal but a Jack in the Box thing. I remember an episode with a dead fox(I think), and they helped its cubs(?) because they could talk to ghosts

5. Post #565
    June 2008
    4,579 Posts
    Ok guys, I remember basically everything about this movie except the title.

A rich wall street executive gets sabotaged and put out of a job by his two bosses and they replace with a black homeless guy off the street, to try to prove they can turn anyone into a success.

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,411 Posts
    Ok guys, I remember basically everything about this movie except the title.

A rich wall street executive gets sabotaged and put out of a job by his two bosses and they replace with a black homeless guy off the street, to try to prove they can turn anyone into a success.
    Was it "Trading Places" with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #567
    September 2009
    1,590 Posts
    There's this movie I'm trying to track down for nostalgia sake. It had a bunch of GI joe like action figures, they were implanted with some kind of chip that turned them into sentient beings. They had an enemy that they fought. I remember seeing this whe I was about 2 years old, and would like to see it again to relive the past.

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,679 Posts
    There's this movie I'm trying to track down for nostalgia sake. It had a bunch of GI joe like action figures, they were implanted with some kind of chip that turned them into sentient beings. They had an enemy that they fought. I remember seeing this whe I was about 2 years old, and would like to see it again to relive the past.
    Small Soldiers.
    That movie was the shit when I was younger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #569
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Two films, bothered me for years

i) I saw this when I was about 6 and travelled to England. Scared the crap out of me and I only saw 5 minutes.

These guys in white turbans (I don't know, some kind of cult thing) were gathered around a well, and at the bottom was lava. Some guy kicked them down and they rolled down the well into the pit. That's all I remember. No, it was not Temple of Doom.

ii) Once again a film I saw when I was young, at a babysitters house.

Starts off with a girl leading a lamb through a very blue scene. Maybe a car lot. Then, later in the film, some disfigured guy jumps through a mirror and slashes someone up.

These would have been made prior to 1987, so I know the latter one is not Candyman (with the mirror thing).

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    588 Posts
    There was this film which im pretty sure featured the Swedish Empire fighting some guys in red coats (Not sure if British) And it was set in probably the 1700's.And There was this scene where the Swedes stormed the red guys like barricades and some guy with a white shirt and a sword only fought off some swedes on top of the barricade

11. Post #571
    June 2008
    4,579 Posts
    Was it "Trading Places" with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy?
    yeah, thanks man

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,977 Posts
    So these people in a salvage boat or something find a large abandoned container ship. They go aboard and stuff happens. I think a 'ghost' lets down the anchor and it badly damages their boat so they're stuck on the ship. At one point a guy looks into a pipe and sees a robot spider or something (I don't know if I dreamed that part or not).
    At the end, a woman is in the water, she sees a guy and swims over to him, she nudges him and he looks up and is covered in blood or something, then she wakes up on a helicopter. That's basically all I remember, and it's not Ghost Ship.

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,786 Posts
    There was this film which im pretty sure featured the Swedish Empire fighting some guys in red coats (Not sure if British) And it was set in probably the 1700's.And There was this scene where the Swedes stormed the red guys like barricades and some guy with a white shirt and a sword only fought off some swedes on top of the barricade
    Not sure if it helps, but those "red guys" were most likely the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It may have been based off of the The Sienkiewicz Trilogy.

Edited:
    Or for that matter, the war proceeding it, The Great Northern War.

14. Post #574
    May 2008
    1,534 Posts
    It's kind of an old movie. There is a nuclear war and two men take shelter in a bunker underground, the nuclear bombs fall afterwards. They stay there for months, and then one of the guys wants to go outside but the other one stops him because there might be scavengers outside. Eventually the guy who wants to leave leaves the bunker, and the other one stays inside. Then the whole city gets covered with a dome of cement.

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    588 Posts
    Not sure if it helps, but those "red guys" were most likely the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It may have been based off of the The Sienkiewicz Trilogy.

Edited:
    Or for that matter, the war proceeding it, The Great Northern War.
    It was The Great Northern War,I found it so thanks for the help.

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,786 Posts
    It was The Great Northern War,I found it so thanks for the help.
    Hey cool, I got one for once!

I guess my knowledge of history is useful after all!

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,411 Posts
    So these people in a salvage boat or something find a large abandoned container ship. They go aboard and stuff happens. I think a 'ghost' lets down the anchor and it badly damages their boat so they're stuck on the ship. At one point a guy looks into a pipe and sees a robot spider or something (I don't know if I dreamed that part or not).
    At the end, a woman is in the water, she sees a guy and swims over to him, she nudges him and he looks up and is covered in blood or something, then she wakes up on a helicopter. That's basically all I remember, and it's not Ghost Ship.
    It's "Virus". It's about an alien entity made of electricity that kills of the crew of a Russian science ship and turns the bodies into cyborgs using the robotics labs.

Anchor drops around 1:17 and you can see the spider in a pipe around 1:46 if you had any doubt.

I actually love this movie, the animatronic cyborgs are awesome even by today's standards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,844 Posts
    I've recently seen this adverts pop up, like, just today on new billboard day and it's something like "THE END IS COMING" with 9/9/2012 or 8/9/2012 (dd/mm/yyyy) I'm not sure or however it goes, it's in orange text and there's this huge sci-fi backdrop to it, black, orange and green.

Anyone fill me in? I can't find it on google

19. Post #579
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,757 Posts
    So I don't remember this movie much, but it was about a man in his 40s who get sucked into this hellish volcano with his young girl companion. He eventually is met by this bearded guy and taken to this girl where they dance. The bearded guy sends them to this fish after seeing them dance along with this black guy in drag.

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,244 Posts
    Not so much a remember this movie question, rather a question about movie formats.

I want to get blade-runner on bluray, I've seen so many cuts and versions of it for sale. Anyone know the best one (image and sound quality as concerned?)

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,085 Posts
    this has been stuck in my mind since the first time i saw an commercial of it on television in april 2004

so basically a woman is laying in a bathtub covered in foam, washing herself or such, with the camera pointing down at the woman, and suddenly a jumpscare occurs when some kind of scary woman appears behind a skylight

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,879 Posts
    I remember vaguely there was a movie where there was a dude dancing in a night club with some girl, and then she splits open and turns into some giant lizard thing. I think it was because he was hallucinating. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

And then there was this other movie set in the medieval ages, where there was this giant bird monster out in the woods killing people (you don't actually see what the monster looks like until the end) and the first scene is some poacher getting killed from the monsters point of view.

Edited:

Nevermind, I just found it.

23. Post #583
    January 2009
    1,600 Posts
    5 guys use an upmarket penthouse as the getaway for their affairs
    One day a woman's body is found

This was a foreign language film that is being made into an English one

Any help?

24. Post #584
    January 2008
    703 Posts
    I'm looking for a movie which was about a sci-fi car that was aiding a village. And in the end the one driving the car was the deceased brother of the lead role. Anyone knows this?

25. Post #585
    Okay, so i'm pretty sure it's a movie. It felt pretty long.
    It was Winnie the Pooh. And Pooh and friends go to a scary mountain. Maybe 'terror mountain' or something like that.
    All I remember is the owl at the start talking about it. And one scene where they have to save Pooh from an underground cavern so they lower down a pot of honey with a rope and pull him up.
    Was it this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pooh's_...istopher_Robin

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    159 Posts
    5 guys use an upmarket penthouse as the getaway for their affairs
    One day a woman's body is found

This was a foreign language film that is being made into an English one

Any help?
    Loft, 2008

Edited:

Not so much a remember this movie question, rather a question about movie formats.

I want to get blade-runner on bluray, I've seen so many cuts and versions of it for sale. Anyone know the best one (image and sound quality as concerned?)
    Can't remember which cut it was, but I loved the one without Ford's VO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,411 Posts
    I'm looking for a movie which was about a sci-fi car that was aiding a village. And in the end the one driving the car was the deceased brother of the lead role. Anyone knows this?
    The Wraith.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,204 Posts
    If theres a similar thread where you ask for TV shows, redirect me but since I suspect there isn't, I'll just ask it here.
    This was named something with four digits, I think the first digit was 4. It was about some UFO thing abducting thousands of people in a moment's flash.

Funnily enough, I was about to ask of another TV show but remembered its name just before typing this

29. Post #589
    September 2011
    405 Posts
    I watched this movie where people grow up and live inside a completely artificial environment and are offered salvation but are instead cut up for organs for people living outside. The people inside have the same names as their 'organees' outside and two escape.

Anyone know this?

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,679 Posts
    I watched this movie where people grow up and live inside a completely artificial environment and are offered salvation but are instead cut up for organs for people living outside. The people inside have the same names as their 'organees' outside and two escape.

Anyone know this?
    The Island
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #591
    September 2011
    405 Posts
    The Island
    Nice, thanks

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,824 Posts
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I think it fits.
    I'm not looking for a movie, but an old anime I used to watch

It was about giant robots fighting like in Gundam, but instead of guns and missiles, the robots wore capes and fought with swords

That's pretty much all I remember about it, does that ring any bells?

33. Post #593
    May 2009
    1,533 Posts
    The Vision of Escaflowne?

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,824 Posts
    The Vision of Escaflowne?
    that's the one, thanks!

35. Post #595
    January 2009
    1,600 Posts

36. Post #596
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    If theres a similar thread where you ask for TV shows, redirect me but since I suspect there isn't, I'll just ask it here.
    This was named something with four digits, I think the first digit was 4. It was about some UFO thing abducting thousands of people in a moment's flash.

Funnily enough, I was about to ask of another TV show but remembered its name just before typing this
    The 4400.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,592 Posts
    There was this movie it was a disney one where these three kids are suck ed into a game about pirates and they end up using Beethoven's symphony to finish it at the end

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    159 Posts
    There was this movie it was a disney one where these three kids are suck ed into a game about pirates and they end up using Beethoven's symphony to finish it at the end
    Pirate(s) Island? Think it was a mini-series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    A movie where it follows two stories at the same time until they meet up at the end, one story where they black guy and a hispanic hooker have a breifcase of money are are trying to hide it or something, and the other of a psycho couple who kidnap people and make them perform in their snuf films, in the end the black guy gets kidnapped by the couple and he escapes and the couple gets arrested.

40. Post #600
    May 2009
    1,533 Posts
    P-P-Pulp Fiction? It's obviously not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)