sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,117 Posts

Official Trailer

Game Information
    Platforms
    Xbox 360 and Windows PC.

Release Dates
    November 2007 for Xbox 360 and June 2008 for PC.

Wikipedia
    Mass Effect is an action role-playing game developed by BioWare for the Xbox 360 and then ported to Microsoft Windows by Demiurge Studios.

It is set in the year 2183 AD. Thirty-five years prior, humanity discovered a cache of technology on Mars, supposedly built by a technologically advanced but long-extinct race called the Protheans. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".

The player assumes the role of an elite human soldier named Commander Shepard, who commands the experimental SSV Normandy alongside Captain Anderson. The Normandy is sent to the human colony world of Eden Prime to recover an unearthed Prothean beacon. To assist in recovering the beacon, the Citadel Council, the galaxy's primary governing body has sent one of their top agents, a turian "Spectre", named Nihlus. A small team consisting of Nihlus, Shepard, biotic Kaidan Alenko, and the quickly-killed Corporal Jenkins, who is replaced by Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams, discover that the Eden Prime colony is under attack by alien synthetic life-forms known as the geth, led by a rogue turian Spectre named Saren Arterius, who kills Nihlus. After the battle ends, Shepard locates the beacon and receives a vision. While initially struggling to understand the vision, it turns out to be images of biological creatures being slaughtered by machines.

Downloadable Content
    Bring Down the Sky (Free on PC, 400MS points on Xbox 360)
    A batarian extremist group has hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only you, and the hand-picked crew of the Normandy, can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent.

Pinnacle Station
    Test the limits of your combat prowess aboard a remote, top-secret Alliance space station. Do you have what it takes to hold the top spot amongst the best of the best? This module includes a new land-able space station, 13 exciting combat scenarios, and approximately 2-3 hours of game play. Required: you must achieve Spectre status before embarking on this mission.

Screenshots

Official Trailer

Game Information
    Platforms
    Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows PC.

Release Dates
    January 26th 2010 in North America and January 29th 2010 in Europe for 360 and PC; January 2011 for PS3.

Save Files
    Provided you keep your save game files, the decisions you made in the previous instalment will affect the characters, the politics and the rest of the galaxy in Mass Effect 2.

Wikipedia
    Mass Effect 2 is an action role-playing game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. The game is a sequel to Mass Effect, and the second game of the series.

The story begins in 2183, weeks after the ending of Mass Effect. On patrol to locate and destroy any remaining geth, the Normandy and its commanding officer, Commander Shepard, are attacked by an unknown starship. The ship inflicts heavy damage on the Normandy and the crew is forced to evacuate. Joker, the helmsman of the ship, continues piloting and Shepard is forced to rescue him. Before Shepard can board an escape pod with Joker, another attack by the enemy ship separates Shepard from the pod, forcing the Commander to launch the escape pod to save Joker. A subsequent explosion blows Shepard away from the ship and debris slices through Shepard's suit, causing the Commander to die in the vacuum whilst entering a nearby planet's atmosphere.

Shepard's corpse is retrieved by Cerberus, an extremist pro-human organization. Over the course of two years, attempts are made to bring Shepard back to life via the Lazarus Project. Shepard awakens in 2185 aboard a Cerberus space station that is under attack. After Shepard aids Cerberus agents Jacob Taylor and Miranda Lawson, Shepard is granted an audience with the Illusive Man, who explains that Shepard was revived and 'upgraded' so that the Commander could investigate and combat a new threat. Human colonies are being attacked, and their colonists are disappearing. The Illusive Man believes this is the work of Shepard's old enemies, the Reapers, a race of sentient machines that periodically harvest all intelligent life in the galaxy once civilization reaches a certain point.

Downloadable Content
    Zaeed - The Price of Revenge (Free with Cerberus Network)
    Zaeed served in the Alliance military before building a reputation as one of the deadliest guns-for-hire in the Terminus Systems. For 20 years he waged war for profit, but now he wishes to retire from his life of bloodshed and mercenary work. Download Zaeed and his mission on planet Zorya and then utilize his lethal skills to eliminate the Collector threat.

Normandy Crash Site (Free with Cerberus Network)
    Visit the site where wreckage from the Normandy fell onto a nearby planet's surface.

Firewalker Pack (Free with Cerberus Network)
    Download the Firewalker pack and gain access to 5 new missions featuring the Hammerhead. The Hammerhead is a heavy assault vehicle that hovers over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometers per hour and features a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering. Coming late March, free to all Cerberus Network members!

Cerberus Arc Projector (Free with Cerberus Network)
    The Arc Projector is capable of discharging a high-voltage electrical attack to multiple targets in the battlefield. As the lightning-like bolt hits its first target, a sophisticated auto-targeting system paints succeeding targets with an ionization laser, allowing the electricity to arc between them. Careful aiming will also allow the user to arc shots to nearby explosives as well. An entire enemy squad can be dropped with a careful pull of the trigger.

Cerberus Weapon and Armor (Free with Cerberus Network)
    Designed with three things in mind: shields, thick armor, and auxiliary ammo packs, the Cerberus Assault Armor is given to shock troopers who are expected to turn the tide of battle against forces that would decimate normal soldiers. Additionally, the M-22 Eviscerater Shotgun comes standard issue. Lethal at close range, the Eviscerater Shotgun is a favorite among Cerberus operatives who like to get up close and personal with their foes.

Blood Dragon Armor (Free with Dragon Age: Origins
    Created for Earth's Urban Combat Championship league, this set of armor has undergone more field testing than those of modern militaries. The chest and shoulder piece bears the logo of the Edmonton Blood Dragons, and the inside of the armor bears the signatures of the entire team. When and how the Illusive Man got his hands on the armor is unknown.

Terminus Weapon and Armor (Free with pre-order from Gamestop/Play.com)
    The M-490 Blackstorm Singularity gun encases particles of matter within a high-powered mass-increasing field. This creates a gravitational singularity that draws enemies inward for a short time before exploding. Terminus armor is environmentally sealed with an independent air supply for use in space and extreme planetary conditions.

Inferno Armor (Free with pre-order from Amazon)
    The Inferno armor has a VI dedicated to recognizing signs of stress and medical trauma. This application helps assess soldiers, but can be useful in any high-risk situations. The Inferno's microframe computer also manages biotic amp and omni-tool power, and microservos help the wearer's movements to counteract the armor's weight.

Collectors' Weapon and Armor (Free with Collector's Edition)
    Take the fight to the enemy with their own technology! The chitinous Collector armor uses advanced regeneration amplifiers allow you to move faster, take more damage and recover health quickly. The Collector assault rifle is built to strip shields off enemies with little effort, allowing you to turn a well fortified mercenary or mech into a shredded mess in no time.

Kasumi - Stolen Memory (560BW points on PC and 560MS points on Xbox 360)
    Cerberus has procured the service of Kasumi Goto, the galaxy’s most enigmatic master thief. In return for her help, Kasumi has asked Shepard's help on a dangerous heist to infiltrate the vault of a deadly master criminal named Donovan Hock. Gain Kasumi’s loyalty on the planet Bekenstein, where Hock is throwing a party for the galaxy’s richest and most deranged criminal minds to recover data of great importance to Kasumi... and to the galaxy at large.

Shadow Broker (800BW points on PC and 800MS points on Xbox 360)
    Liara T'Soni is tracking down the mysterious Shadow Broker, and no one is safe. She'll do anything to recover the man the Broker kidnapped… and the Shadow Broker's agents will do anything to stop her. Team up with Liara and chase clues from the luxurious heights of Illium to the Shadow Broker's own secret lair. Adds the Shadow Broker intel center, new research, and five new achievements – and the chance to continue a relationship with Liara.

Overlord Pack (560BW points on PC and 560MS points on Xbox 360)
    When sent to investigate a Cerberus research base that's mysteriously gone silent, Shepard arrives to find Geth overrunning the base. The sole survivor, Chief Scientist Archer, paints a dire picture: an experiment to fuse a human volunteer with a virtual intelligence created a dangerous hybrid "VI overlord". The rampaging VI has already attacked three other Cerberus bases, controlling any technology it finds in an attempt to break free--and unleashing geth across the planet. Unless Shepard can infiltrate the VI's fortress and shut it down, this homicidal intelligence will beam itself-off planet and wreak havoc on other systems. The action unfolds over five new level areas, with two new achievements.

Aegis Pack (160BW points on PC and 160MS points on Xbox 360)
    What’s better than the latest in high-tech armor? High-tech armor and a sniper rifle, of course! The Aegis Pack adds the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle and the Kestrel armor to Shepard’s armor locker.

Equalizer Pack (160BW points on PC and 160MS points on Xbox 360)
    Cerberus doesn't just need a hero - they need a one-man army. That's why The Equalizer Pack adds the Capacitor Helmet, Archon Visor, and Inferno Armor to Shepard's armor locker.

Firepower Pack (160BW points on PC and 160MS points on Xbox 360)
    The Firepower Pack adds three new weapons to Shepard's armor locker: Phalanx heavy pistol, Mattock heavy rifle and Geth Plasma Shotgun.

Alternate Appearance Pack 1 (Garrus, Thane, Jack) (160BW points on PC and 160MS points on Xbox 360)
    Jack straps on a black biker vest, low-slung jeans, and steel-toe boots made for starting riots. Garrus suits up in new military-grade, blue-lit armor equipped with a dual-input communication headset. Thane slips into blood-red reflective shades and a new uniform for blending into the urban shadows.

Screenshots

Official Trailer

Game Information
    Platforms
    Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows PC.

Release Date
    Christmas 2011

Description
    Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Past Threads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2009
    1,673 Posts
    holy shirt that was instant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    Indeed.

Also, I was second viewer of this thread. Bask in my glow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    7,902 Posts
    So is there a specific release date for ME3, or just around this time next year?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,117 Posts
    That's what she said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,107 Posts
    Garrus on Miranda action... Ok go!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    So is there a specific release date for ME3, or just around this time next year?
    Just around this time next year

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,881 Posts
    Turians do not find asses attractive as they do not have any.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    Good to see Unread messages was used this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    I never read most of the messages myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2009
    1,673 Posts
    Yeah, I just mark them as read.

Edited:

and then kelly out of nowhere says i have more 5 minutes later WHEN I DON'T
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    I never read most of the messages myself.
    Wow, you're missing out on exclusive offers from P4N1S3NL4RG3MENTC0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2010
    322 Posts
    I always have time for you, Commander.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    Why wouldn't you read your messages? Just missing out on interesting little story elements, or just funny stuff.

Although I do feel they relied on emails a bit too much instead of actually meeting characters. Plus it was annoying when the emails clearly meant nothing. Like the doctor you save with Garrus in the first game, she emails and asks you to visit, but of course you can't visit, and you can't even mention it to Garrus. Rather disappointing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,342 Posts
    Man I'm getting old. 8 threads already?

My shit mods on the first page again:

Random Mods:
    Includes:
    - More Clips gained
    - Better Turning Speed in Edit Appearance
    - Same basecolors for Tint 1, Tint 2 and Pattern Color Appearance
    and some other mods

Download here
    Readme here

Squadmembers Armors
    Includes all squadmembers as armors and armors only and the LevelStreaming to work.
    Also includes Zaeed, Kasumi and Liara.

Download here
    Readme here

FP

Steam

Wallpapers
    720p

Upscaled to 1080p

16:10 or 8:5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    i love the smell of brand new garrus in the morning!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,732 Posts
    last thread posted:
    I love FemShep's lines.
    You do realize that Maleshep says the exact same lines?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    856 Posts
    It's been ages since I last played ME1 and I have never played ME2.
    That being said, I truly enjoyed ME1 when I first played it, despite all its bugs and shortcomings, I felt the story was truly stellar and compelling.

Now with the announcement of ME3, I'm not sure whether if I should buy ME1 + ME2 now or wait till ME3 comes out then buy all 3 games at one go. There would possibly be a discounted price in the future with the 3 games bundled as one right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    i love the smell of brand new garrus in the morning!
    Remember that time I did an ME2 playthrough as you.

20. Post #20
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    I don't. What happened.

21. Post #21
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,107 Posts
    Garrus died.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    Garrus survived and you made sweet love to him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,107 Posts
    And then died because you broke him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,881 Posts
    They are really skinny around the midsection. Almost makes you wonder how they keep that toilet bowl torso armour on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    440 Posts
    I really can't wait, gosh. Rate me late, but 2011 is definitely going to be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,319 Posts
    A new thread, a new start, a new journey, and no new flamewars. Let there be a good thread to remember lads.
    Okay, okay ye be back to posting shitty comics and ye pics, yet me uncle tell ye "Every Picture tells you a story."

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    That comic was me, only I was sitting on the couch with my ex and my friend and they were like ":I"

28. Post #28
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,107 Posts
    And then I received a text full of explosion.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,881 Posts
    That Femshep is pretty nice, not to say anything for that cute looking Varren though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    Tali sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    14,134 Posts
    It's been ages since I last played ME1 and I have never played ME2.
    That being said, I truly enjoyed ME1 when I first played it, despite all its bugs and shortcomings, I felt the story was truly stellar and compelling.

Now with the announcement of ME3, I'm not sure whether if I should buy ME1 + ME2 now or wait till ME3 comes out then buy all 3 games at one go. There would possibly be a discounted price in the future with the 3 games bundled as one right?
    get me2, prepare character for me3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,874 Posts
    Tali sucks.
    Go for the optics, Chiktikka! Go for the optics!

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,994 Posts
    What a sleek and well made OP, hi five man.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,319 Posts
    Go for the optics, Chiktikka! Go for the optics!

Also guess what that couch model is from?
    :sigh:
    Pascall would reconize this a little more, but I think I just turn my self a rong version of Tali and Pyro.
    Well atleast I didn't post any nsfw...yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2007
    761 Posts
    What the fuck? Cat ears. also it's from Half Life 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,319 Posts
    What the fuck? Cat ears. also it's from Half Life 2.
    Correct
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Voted Facepunch's Most Beautiful
    October 2006
    19,973 Posts

Also guess what that coach model is from?
    :sigh:
    Pascall would reconize this a little more, but I think I just turn my self a rong version of Tali and Pyro.
    Well atleast I didn't post any nsfw...yet.
    Wow that is incredibly creepy and unsettling to look at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2010
    2,129 Posts
    Also guess what that coach model is from?
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,319 Posts
    Just one of those days I knew I should have edit half of it. But really I was going to.

40. Post #40
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,427 Posts
    The title used to be my text message notifier for my phone.

Also gotta love these new threads.