1. Post #721
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    HPQ - KPQ - LPQ - OPQ were the only options to level up without getting crazy.
    every training map was full, on every channel. People actually went to Pig Beach.
    King; have some BaM

2. Post #722
    November 2011
    35 Posts
    Eh, the one thing that is wrong with Maplestory is its company running it.

Besides that if you like 2-d games its fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    216 Posts
    Looks like there's some full AP reset scrolls in the testing server. You've got no idea how badly I've been needing one of these on my Hero.

From what I've read, they've got daily quests so you can get so many of the coins needed to buy them each day, so I'm feeling pretty good about them making it in the patch next week.
    I'm also pretty excited for Cannon Shooters. Personally, they look like the most fun of the three new classes.

4. Post #724
    July 2011
    531 Posts
    Chaos tomorrow! Woo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    September 2011
    1,550 Posts
    Danmit, thief equipment is fucking expensive now because of the dual blade bandwagon.

6. Post #726
    June 2011
    393 Posts
    I played on a private server that had cannon shooters.

They were rather powerful [OP, of course.] but when it came to KSing wars they were awful. My Evan was able to beat one. AN EVAN.

I got perma'd from that server though because the admins were power tripping. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts

They were rather powerful [OP, of course.] but when it came to KSing wars they were awful. My Evan was able to beat one. AN EVAN.

I got perma'd from that server though because the admins were power tripping. Oh well.
    So they're like second and third job Battle Mages?

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,360 Posts

They are good at mobbing with their 4th job skills, but far from the highest damage class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    Haven't been on in a while. What's new?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #730
    September 2011
    1,033 Posts
    Haven't been on in a while. What's new?
    I haven't been on in a bit of a while, either. I hate leaving things alone for too long. Anyway, I can tell you that a couple of new classes are coming out.

11. Post #731
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    Yeah; I know that. But...I wish there was a private server with like .55 installed, it'd be like regular MS again. I'd be confused to where to go again, since I got used to the new design..

12. Post #732

February 2010
    816 Posts
    .55 Was best version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #733
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,073 Posts
    People are getting bored.. what should we do..?

RENAME EVERY JOB WE HAVE AND ADD NEW SKILLS, CALL IT "NEW" INSTEAD OF "UPDATED", GENIIIUooooUoS!

Edited:

This is why I like v55.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #734

February 2010
    816 Posts
    People are getting bored.. what should we do..?

RENAME EVERY JOB WE HAVE AND ADD NEW SKILLS, CALL IT "NEW" INSTEAD OF "UPDATED", GENIIIUooooUoS!

Edited:

This is why I like v55.
    Back in the day when getting level 70 was a achievement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #735
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,073 Posts
    Back in the day when getting 30 was an achievement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #736

February 2010
    816 Posts
    Back in the day when getting 30 was an achievement.
    Going to have to agree with that, Or when there wasnt like 30 PQ's and only 3 or 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,073 Posts
    Going to have to agree with that, Or when there wasnt like 30 PQ's and only 3 or 4.
    Kerning city pq. 100 times every day for 10%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #738
    September 2011
    1,033 Posts
    I just can't get used to all the fucking events all the fucking time. There's too much going on.

19. Post #739
    September 2011
    1,550 Posts
    It's funny that you remember the moments of v55 with nostalgia when on bMS we had it until it closed 1 month ago because everybody got bored with no updates (last update was 4th job).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #740
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    I also remember v26 or something like that; when there wasn't even Ludibrum(at least I think so)

21. Post #741
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,073 Posts
    I joined a few months before ludibrium, went there to explore and got stuck because I had no money to get back. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #742
    May 2010
    52 Posts
    I'm thinking of starting a new guy and play again, is there a FP guild anywhere?

23. Post #743
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    I'm thinking of starting a new guy and play again, is there a FP guild anywhere?
    no, there has been but they disbanded because of inactivity/no one to apply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #744
    September 2011
    1,550 Posts
    I have an empty guild on Europe Demethos, if you want to populate it.

25. Post #745
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    I joined right when the 2nd anniversary started
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    My Mercedes is level 102
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    July 2007
    816 Posts
    Started playing again after ages of not playing.
    Holy fuck, is leveling fast now, got my spearman from 48 to 60 in few hours.

28. Post #748

February 2010
    816 Posts
    Started playing again after ages of not playing.
    Holy fuck, is leveling fast now, got my spearman from 48 to 60 in few hours.
    Your realise soon that its still a shit grind fest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #749
    February 2010
    996 Posts
    maplestory used to be so cool but they ruined it now, they even changed the awesome menu music

I miss beta when like level 30 was a huge deal not lvl 200
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #750
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    maplestory used to be so cool but they ruined it now, they even changed the awesome menu music

I miss beta when like level 30 was a huge deal not lvl 200
    Because the game was so much more fun when you had to grind for hours to get level 30 right? Wrong. It sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #751
    October 2008
    1,906 Posts
    The grind was shit back then, I often saw people using it as the measurement for other games due to its ridiculousness. The game had a charm back then though that I feel is missing from the game as is.

Ironically I lost interest in Maplestory (fleeting as it always was) due to the new grind, which is too fast. As someone that knew where to go, but had no funds, I managed to get my characters up to 90 within a few days. Because of the rate at which XP is gained you can bypass most of the gaming world and by the time you near 100 you're in grinding zones that have lengthy lifespans. The only thing that kept me going was knowing I would go to another zone in 10 levels. After I hit 80 I had only one zone worth a damn till 120 and I just couldn't stomach grinding the same things for that long.

Doesn't help that most of the old classes are worthless for the greater part of their life now. I'll always have fond memories of MS though, even if it was always a love/hate relationship.

32. Post #752
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,073 Posts
    Imo the worst part of the new maplestory is the new jobs. It gets to a point where a lot are rendered completely useless and those that aren't useless become obsolete in a few months..

Edited:

That's why I play beginner.

33. Post #753
    June 2011
    2,928 Posts
    I just started playing.
    loving the fact that you can rebind the keys so easily.
    but is there anything beyond grindy quests?

34. Post #754

February 2010
    816 Posts
    I just started playing.
    loving the fact that you can rebind the keys so easily.
    but is there anything beyond grindy quests?
    Ha, maplestory and not grinding ? No after the quests there will be no more quests and your have to kill the same shit over and over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    January 2009
    1,606 Posts
    Instead of MP3, at level 100-ish; train 100-120 at aliens in NLC in the headquarters.

36. Post #756
    March 2012
    10 Posts
    Hai guise. I'm new to this forum so excuse the noobiness. I was wondering if anyone is playing in Nova? I started a character there and am looking for friends, maybe to start a guild with.

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,038 Posts
    I don't get why you would want to play in Nova or new servers at all.

38. Post #758
    March 2012
    10 Posts
    I don't get why you would want to play in Nova or new servers at all.
    Because I wanted to starta new character in a new world with new friends and new items. But really, it bums me out the MTS isn't functioning for new servers.

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    216 Posts
    Bellocan is a pretty old server by now and even it's population sucks. I can't imagine how empty the newest worlds are.

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,038 Posts
    Even CH1 Windia feels empty at times.

Scania and Broa seem to be the most populated ones.