1. Post #401
    February 2010
    5,499 Posts
    I started playing this again so I wouldn't get burned out on WoW. I made a mechanic and got him to level 52 in 2 days :|
    It took me like 3 years to hit level 58 on my cleric
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Just started playing my WK again, everything is better and easier now. Add me if you're on Mardia, ign: Sryaine.

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,351 Posts
    So, this is why Global is better.

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    What server is that?

Also, 1/1/2/1 thief top or 0/0/3/0 top? Luck is important but so is dex and strength and stuff.

5. Post #405
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    What server is that?

Also, 1/1/2/1 thief top or 0/0/3/0 top? Luck is important but so is dex and strength and stuff.
    3 luk will benefit you more then 1 str 1 dex 1 luk.

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,351 Posts
    What server is that?

Windia.

Also, second time I'm getting disconnected with the message "You were disconnected by the bla bla police for HACK REASON.". Something along those lines.

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Windia.

Also, second time I'm getting disconnected with the message "You were disconnected by the bla bla police for HACK REASON.". Something along those lines.
    Are you hacking or botting? Usually that cones from either setting a delay too low or not cc-ing enough.

8. Post #408
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    i stopped playing
    should probably play again
    or not

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,351 Posts
    Are you hacking or botting? Usually that cones from either setting a delay too low or not cc-ing enough.
    Nah, it's their system being too sensitive with it. A lot of people have gotten the same message.

I couldn't get a screenshot, but it says something like this.

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Nah, it's their system being too sensitive with it. A lot of people have gotten the same message.

I couldn't get a screenshot, but it says something like this.

Ah. I've been getting that too, I was wondering what it was.

Also, if you're level 90, you're not just using SB are you?

11. Post #411
    September 2009
    773 Posts
    Six hours until level 55-70 people rush to Orbis for Chryse...

EDIT: It's a shitload of grind quests. But it's much more annoying than Mushroom Kingdom because there are other forms of monsters which are basically just one more level higher and have a gold helmet/shield/etc. Much disappointing but I guess the medal is a great incentive...

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    228 Posts
    Finally got around to gathering up 5 of my friends to go to Lionheart Castle and holy fuck. 16% an hour at level 167. My best alternative is like 3% - 4% per hour.

13. Post #413
    I HAVE PHIMOSIS
    February 2011
    5,640 Posts
    I wanted to make a mechanic named "DellConagher", because there is a dispenser-like spell at level 70. I was gonna make a macro, "Erectin' a dispenser!"
    Name was taken. God damnit.

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    228 Posts
    Oh boy, finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    August 2009
    2,875 Posts
    So do people here still play this game? I started last night and managed to reach level 21.

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    228 Posts
    So do people here still play this game? I started last night and managed to reach level 21.
    I don't think anyone here does anymore except me, and I'm pretty much done for the time being because all the current events are rather boring.

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,320 Posts
    I was going to continue playing again but I never got around downloading the game again.

18. Post #418
    September 2009
    773 Posts
    I'm still playing...

Megadude, is your avatar from the Maplestory Anime?

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    228 Posts
    Megadude, is your avatar from the Maplestory Anime?
    From the video KMS recently made for their eighth anniversary.

20. Post #420
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    I stopped because I got into other games and our guild disbanded for some reason.
    It was fun for what I played.

21. Post #421
    August 2010
    530 Posts
    I'm playing on El Nino as a mechanic. Level 73 at the moment. IGN is TeamCoco5

And yeah, I'm one of those players who started in 2005 and played casually all the way up until early 2009. I only made it to level 68 on my assassin and level 61 on my spearman. And I invested between 500-1000 hours on the game. Leveling is so much easier, but I welcome the changes, because it's a great incentive to keep playing. I'm looking forward to trying out some new classes.

22. Post #422
    April 2011
    19 Posts
    HAHA, take THAT thread inactivity.

Anyway, I made a mechanic on El Nino too within the past couple days, ign UltraBroGear. I'm at lv 45 currently. I've been playing MS on and off pretty much since the beginning, and I've got a buttload of alts on different servers, so if anyone wants any advice or an experienced player to party with, I'm here.

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,614 Posts
    For some reason Nexon has decided to let me play on MS Global instead of Europe now.

That's nice of them

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,325 Posts
    I used to sit in the pot shop on a level 1 account, fly into the floor and vac Drop Games and have an ass load of money. Then I went on to private servers and was GM on (I think) one of the biggest Private servers at the time, Rydah MS.

25. Post #425
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,612 Posts
    Rydah MS was pretty awesome, mainly because I have no fucking clue how anyone can level up so goddamn fast, while it took me weeks to get to level 30.

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,494 Posts
    Maplestory I remember when I played this heap of garbage! Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    September 2009
    79 Posts
    Was playing a lot until recently. Had an ISP problem so I couldn't play, but I've not got back on since. Guild broke up and it has basically become a Jesters grindfest...

28. Post #428
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    I think.. I'm going to play this when I get home.
    I've been bored as shit lately and need something to do.

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    I used to sit in the pot shop on a level 1 account, fly into the floor and vac Drop Games and have an ass load of money. Then I went on to private servers and was GM on (I think) one of the biggest Private servers at the time, Rydah MS.
    The best private server was the first one ever developed, most amount of players and good maintenance. Then Nexon sued and they released the source code and lots of stupid shit happened.

30. Post #430
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    Oh man, I think I'll get back into this game this weekend. Last time I played was when, and shortly after the big bang patch came out, but quit about the same time the mechanics came out I think it was.

Edited:

actually fuck this it's down for maitnence and I still have a WoW sub, maybe another time.

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,480 Posts
    Knowledge is power :science:
    New EXP curve

MapleSEA Big bang patch came last week. Which was good but my grip is that why the heck did they had to buff and debuff various monsters. Also they change the map layout which now make exploration easier but less interesting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #432

February 2010
    818 Posts
    EU is bullshit, want to try out Big bang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    May 2011
    15 Posts
    Kradia + El Nido combo master race

Though Kradia is going to be mixed in with the, and i quote from some fellows from maplestory, "Immigrants"

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,320 Posts
    MapleSEA Big bang patch came last week. Which was good but my grip is that why the heck did they had to buff and debuff various monsters. Also they change the map layout which now make exploration easier but less interesting
    They changed the map layouts because it's cool the first couple of hours to go through a map that requires a bunch of platforming, but after some hours it gets really dull and boring.

35. Post #435
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    I've been playing since 06 though, the platforming and time it took to get from place to place actually made it fun. The new way they have it is cool too though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    June 2010
    1,075 Posts
    Oh god I played this years ago, I stopped when they made the very first EU client and all the europeans got kicked into it and it was a unupdated piece of wank.

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,494 Posts
    Oh god I played this years ago, I stopped when they made the very first EU client and all the europeans got kicked into it and it was a unupdated piece of wank.
    This game is actually still in beta too me...At least when the Chaos update rolls around I'll rejoin just to try an Evan.

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    Oh god there is a new hack around that allows you to summon Pink Bean as a wild hunter, and then forces it to attack every monster on the map at 0 second delay. Basically once you are level 10 you can go to the highest level monsters in the game and train.

Level 10 to 120 in an hour

39. Post #439
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    Oh god there is a new hack around that allows you to summon Pink Bean as a wild hunter, and then forces it to attack every monster on the map at 0 second delay. Basically once you are level 10 you can go to the highest level monsters in the game and train.

Level 10 to 120 in an hour
    Do you have to be a wild hunter to do this/ can you party up and do this as a different class?

40. Post #440
    January 2009
    1,612 Posts
    Do you have to be a wild hunter to do this/ can you party up and do this as a different class?
    Apparently you have to be a wild hunter. The EXP given out is to the person who made the most damage, and you're not hitting anything to give any EXP to you.