1. Post #1
    November 2010
    305 Posts
    Ok, I'm going to get straight to the point. My TF2 ragdolls don't pose. Nothing happens. They stay blank and such. Yes, I've tried upping the poser values.

2. Post #2
    December 2010
    160 Posts
    Ok, I'm going to get straight to the point. My TF2 ragdolls don't pose. Nothing happens. They stay blank and such. Yes, I've tried upping the poser values.
    Dont put "Model Quality" on LOW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 6Informative x 2Zing x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Dont put "Model Quality" on LOW.
    Who rated him dumb? If you have the Model Quality on low the faceposing wont work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    432 Posts
    Who rated him dumb? If you have the Model Quality on low the faceposing wont work.
    Why don't you click the '(list)' button to find out?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2009
    952 Posts
    who rated him dumb?.

aiiiiiddddeee

6. Post #6
    November 2010
    305 Posts
    dont put "model quality" on low.
    tysm!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─▀ ▀ ▀ ▌ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░ ░ ░ ▐ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DICKS ░░░ ░ ♥
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    I agree, not on the dumb thing, but on the model quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    September 2008
    34 Posts
    i guess people still don't understand what LOD means...
    for those who need enlightening
    LOD
    Level
    Of
    Detail

the further away you get from a model.. the lower the quality of the said model used. this is to increase FPS on clients espescially those with not so good video cards. and to allow the CPU to work on something else.

each model's LOD can be completly different provided that it has the same bone structure.
    that said. Face Posing and finger posing is a way of applying an animation Directly to a model's vertexes without using weighted bones.

and by the sounds of it... they have neglected to apply any posing ability on the lower quality models.

this in turn is far less work for your client to process... and therefore smoother gameplay

someone correct me if im wrong.
    so i stand by what DATASS said... don't put the model quality on low...

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    432 Posts
    I've got a decent video card and I have all settings as high as they can go, and yet I still see noticeable progressions in the LOD of models as I move further away from them. It's starting to piss me off a bit. Does anybody know how to make it less noticeable, or how to turn it off altogether? I get 60 FPS at 1680x1050 fullscreen with vertical sync turned on and everything else up high, and yet I still get these changes in detail happening considerably conspicuously.