sv_downloadurl does not remove the limit of 64mb on each file....
We have an extremely fast server which we use already for FastDL, but the 64MB limit is annoying and we want to override it to ~150MB.
So now that we have circled around twice....
<3 people who cant read
I've fixed a problem caused by hook.Call being called too much (now referencing it), but I don't know if this was the cause of all the crashes. I would appreciate it if someone could test it for a while and report back.
Also i dont think its a very good idea using gmcl_disconnect.dll i combination with sourcenet.
Also i suppose you are running it from the menu state ?
Updated to r7.
How would I use sourcenet to send inconnect user IPs to clients when someone connects?
My server seems to crash like, 5x as much with this installed (using the new ACP anti cheat).
Only sourcenet related dump afther update:
Just downloaded latest version, and still crashing quite a bit. Less than I was, but still more than usual:
error loading module 'sourcenet3' from file '/home/srcds/srcds/orangebox/garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/gm_sourcenet3_linux.dll':
/home/srcds/srcds/orangebox/garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/gm_sourcenet3_linux.dll: undefined symbol: META_IGameEventManager2_name
past few days I have been getting errors on players joining, about invalid datastreams?
Could the recent gmod updates have changed their networking methods?
Unhandled Stream - slv_checkvalid etc
It's just some over-eager clientside addon. I can't remember which. As long as the stream is called "slv_checkvalid" it's nothing to worry about.
The latest revision contains a fix for the INVALID_POINTER_READ crash on the server. It was a problem in the Lua base code which led to deleted net channels being used.
I hope you can fix it when you have sourcenet3 loaded and you get kicked or the map changes, the client will crash.
I've fixed the net messages code for a recent update (not this one), however it doesn't seem to have stopped the crash for anyone but me. Is anyone else having problems?
Seems to work fine here for me.
Severside works fine, Clientside is the one that worries me because I get a crash when kicked/map change. I'll upload a dump when I can.
Serverside is crashing with funny lua errors and sometimes it's just "NULL" or lua error:
No crash dumps are being generated, the server just restarts. I'm only using the strip ip example as well.
10:43:47 L 07/14/2011 - 10:44:24: Lua Error: string
10:47:40 L 07/14/2011 - 10:48:18: Rcon: "lua_openscript autorun/sn3_stripip.lua"
10:47:40 L 07/14/2011 - 10:48:18: Lua Error: attempt to concatenate a boolean value
10:47:40 Running script autorun/sn3_stripip.lua...
10:47:41 HLSW NOTE: Disconnected
Crashes on client when kicked or map changes. Sent dump to you via PM.
The only way I can think that the reason why the client crashes for others but not you is that it uses something that we don't have that you do but this is just my guess at it. Or maybe we have something running that does it but that is more unlikely.
I found the problem. Since a recent update, Source seems to start using separate threads to send datagrams after 3 players (or some other condition is met) are connected.
I'm writing a fix now.