1. Post #121
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Fixed. I don't think Linux uses the datagram threads (I'm having trouble checking but I can't see anything in the binary), so the update is for Windows only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    August 2008
    321 Posts
    Fixed. I don't think Linux uses the datagram threads (I'm having trouble checking but I can't see anything in the binary), so the update is for Windows only.
    The example scripts crash me everytime I use them and when certain base scripts are in the autorun. PM'd dump if you need it

3. Post #123
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    The example scripts crash me everytime I use them and when certain base scripts are in the autorun. PM'd dump if you need it
    As I said on the last page, the dumps from the crash you're getting don't contain any useful information and I can't recreate it.

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    627 Posts
    The new fix kinda lags up my server, not much but it is noticable. So I had to remove sourcenet3 :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    627 Posts
    The update ruins the sourcenet3 for clientside, but still works great for serverside, the revision before works perfectly for clientside. It seems to crash clients with the new one when you include the main files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Fixed the client crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    627 Posts
    Fixed the client crash.
    Silly little Chrisaster using old headers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #128

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    627 Posts
    Hook 'OutFilter' Failed: [@lua\sourcenet\sn3_base_netmessages.lua:70] bad argument #1 to 'WriteString' (string expected, got nil)

10. Post #130
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Thanks for the reports. One of those crashes seems to be caused by a memory alloc failure, which Source's memoverride stuff may be responsible for. Could you try this and see if it fixes the problem?

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    627 Posts
    Thanks for the reports. One of those crashes seems to be caused by a memory alloc failure, which Source's memoverride stuff may be responsible for. Could you try this and see if it fixes the problem?
    Yeah.. uhmm http://dumps.garrysmod.com/?view=949902250&refresh=2

12. Post #132
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7745323/gm_s...foosetest2.zip

I forgot the ReadVector and ReadAngle functions need to use Source's allocation system. I've changed it so they do, but nothing else does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #133

February 2011
    25 Posts
    Can you add function CNetChan:GetLoss (current loss, not average)?
    Thx

14. Post #134
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Can you add function CNetChan:GetLoss (current loss, not average)?
    Thx
    There is no such function, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,041 Posts
    Issue after the latest engine update?
    Code:
    [gm_sourcenet3] Failed to locate CNetChan::ProcessMessages, report this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Issue after the latest engine update?
    Code:
    [gm_sourcenet3] Failed to locate CNetChan::ProcessMessages, report this!
    Thanks, fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,263 Posts
    You are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    There seems to be another problem causing instant buffer overflows. I'm looking into it now.

Edited:

Fixed - Valve changed bf_read to use old_bf_read instead of CBitRead for some reason. The update is for Linux and Windows this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,263 Posts
    I will test this thoroughly with the resourcex add-on you provided. Will report back if I find any other problems. Thanks for looking into this so quickly!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,439 Posts
    We downloaded the DLL from:
    http://christopherthorne.googlecode....gm_sourcenet3/

we put it in lua/includes/modules and we are still getting the CNetChan::ProcessMessages error

21. Post #141
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    We downloaded the DLL from:
    http://christopherthorne.googlecode....gm_sourcenet3/

we put it in lua/includes/modules and we are still getting the CNetChan::ProcessMessages error
    Are you sure your engine.dll is up-to-date?

22. Post #142
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    1,968 Posts
    I've been getting a few of these recently.

http://dumps.garrysmod.com/?view=3892282019&refresh=2

23. Post #143
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    I've been getting a few of these recently.

http://dumps.garrysmod.com/?view=3892282019&refresh=2
    Can you send me the crash dump file?

24. Post #144
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Whilst fixing this up for the beta I noticed a mistake in the sn3_bf_read:ReadBits function. The second argument specified is the number of bits, but I was treating it as number of bytes for allocation. Now that I've fixed it, hopefully the "null pointer written/software nx fault" crashes should dissapear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    October 2011
    50 Posts
    Good ol' Chrisaster, still working hard I see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Updated to fix all serverside crashes. Make sure to update the Lua base files too.

There are still clientside hooking issues, so I wouldn't recommend using the hooks in any state other than the server's. I might get round to fixing the client bugs, but I can't figure out what's causing them right now + there aren't really any practical uses for hooking clientside anyway.

This will break when the beta is released, but I have a fix ready which I will release soon after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Did you fix the one that I get in linux?

28. Post #148
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,124 Posts
    Did the "stop IPs being sent on connect" example get renamed/merged or something? I can't find it.

29. Post #149
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Did you fix the one that I get in linux?
    Hopefully. Could you test it? If it still occurs then I'll investigate some more.

Edited:

Did the "stop IPs being sent on connect" example get renamed/merged or something? I can't find it.
    sn3_stripip.lua

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Hopefully. Could you test it? If it still occurs then I'll investigate some more.
    I'll be sure to when I get some IPs back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,124 Posts
    sn3_stripip.lua
    and that's why I need to stop posting at 1am, thanks

Edited:

Sad, what is happening for you to get a crash? I can test this out on my laptop in the mean time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #152
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    http://code.google.com/p/christopher...ce/detail?r=42

Fixed two more mysterious bugs thanks to Banana Lord and Sadistic Slayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Sweet, now it shouldn't crash on linux anymore!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,124 Posts
    woo sourcenet

Code:
    Player Banana Lord connected from your fucking mother
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #155
    November 2008
    223 Posts
    Is it normal that you get
    threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed

because of this module?

36. Post #156
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Is it normal that you get
    threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed

because of this module?
    Does it crash? Also, clientside or serverside?

37. Post #157
    November 2008
    223 Posts
    Does it crash? Also, clientside or serverside?
    Serverside.

38. Post #158
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    Serverside.
    Does it crash?
    If so, PM me the dump file and I'll look into it.

39. Post #159
    TVC

April 2010
    300 Posts
    I can't seem to hook outgoing data on the client, it seems to be related to this commit, if so, is it going to be fixed?

40. Post #160
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    I can't seem to hook outgoing data on the client, it seems to be related to this commit, if so, is it going to be fixed?
    Hooking on the client isn't stable, but it should work. Do you have the latest version?