1. Post #2201
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    Anyone going to any rap gigs in the future?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #2202
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,257 Posts
    I'm seeing Odd Future in March, saw Das Racist a few months ago. They were fucking good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    If I can find a good one hells yes. I'm already slapping myself silly for missing Tool(different genre)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2204
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    Maybe it's over-analytical but holy fuck this was a good read: http://www.tinymixtapes.com/column/what-03

haven't found one worth going to yet, but the year just started so i guess announcements will be made for them later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #2205
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    If I can find a good one hells yes. I'm already slapping myself silly for missing Tool(different genre)
    How the fuck can you miss Tool :saddowns:

What states are you guys in? Cali has allot of shows coming up.

6. Post #2206
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    What states are you guys in? Cali has allot of shows coming up.
    im in the valley like you too bro, but using last fm, the only notable thing i see so far is danny brown. :smith:

7. Post #2207
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    We hardly ever get any here. Last one I gave a shit about was about 3 different soulja boy clones and Ugod as the final act.

8. Post #2208
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,055 Posts
    I am. Shad is at my student pub on the 27th. I'm pumped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,825 Posts
    I'm seeing Childish Gambino at the Riviera in Chicago in March
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    July 2009
    1,016 Posts
    I'm seeing Childish Gambino at the Riviera in Chicago in March
    id love to go there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Peru Show Events

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,257 Posts
    i'm still debating whether to get Drake tickets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    January 2012
    226 Posts

Looking forward to the mixtape!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #2213
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    Not wanting to sound condescending but can anyone recommend some reasonably mature and thought-out rap artists (in terms of lyrics)? I like Eminem's Space Bound and Love the Way You Lie, so stuff like that I guess. I don't like the "yo nigger i'm whack and i have a big dick" shit that a lot of rap seems to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #2214
    January 2012
    226 Posts
    Not wanting to sound condescending but can anyone recommend some reasonably mature and thought-out rap artists (in terms of lyrics)? I like Eminem's Space Bound and Love the Way You Lie, so stuff like that I guess. I don't like the "yo nigger i'm whack and i have a big dick" shit that a lot of rap seems to be.
    Vinnie Paz and Jedi Mind Tricks, personal favourites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2215
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    You're condescending.

According to those records, you like hip-hop love songs. Listen to some Atmosphere, Macklemore, and Drake.

Please don't critique something you know little about when you ask for suggestions next time. It is condescending and passive-aggressive. I fear the others (read: TH89) won't be so easy on you as I am. Also "yo nigger i'm whack and i have a big dick" seems like a really interesting lyric, I'd love to listen to that from an actual rapper and song.

Edited:

If this a joke or something it's pretty good. Vinnie Paz called Kanye West a "fag rapper", so by extension he probably hates most mainstream rappers in touch with their sensitive feelings. Definitely the polar opposite of Eminem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    Also "yo nigger i'm whack and i have a big dick" seems like a really interesting lyric, I'd love to listen to that from an actual rapper and song.
    Sean Price could pull it off

17. Post #2217
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    It's not in him to call himself wack. Closest is Lil B, but I've never heard him say that n word.

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    I dunno, Sean P always struck me as the battle rapcat that never takes it too seriously. His punchlines are just downright silly sometimes haha

19. Post #2219
    October 2011
    406 Posts
    Nothing compares to Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth's T.R.O.Y.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2220
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    You're condescending.

According to those records, you like hip-hop love songs. Listen to some Atmosphere, Macklemore, and Drake.

Please don't critique something you know little about when you ask for suggestions next time. It is condescending and passive-aggressive. I fear the others (read: TH89) won't be so easy on you as I am. Also "yo nigger i'm whack and i have a big dick" seems like a really interesting lyric, I'd love to listen to that from an actual rapper and song.

Edited:

If this a joke or something it's pretty good. Vinnie Paz called Kanye West a "fag rapper", so by extension he probably hates most mainstream rappers in touch with their sensitive feelings. Definitely the polar opposite of Eminem.
    thanks for the suggestions, sorry if I offended
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #2221
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    Vinnie Paz is an idiot. He's a homophobic, bigoted conspiracy theorist who raps about cutting people up with chainsaws. It's tough to get less introspective than that.

Edited:

Yo, it's pretty sketch for you to use that word esp. when you're "imitating" an imaginary black guy just fyi

Anyway my rec is Shabazz Palaces and Das Racist:

Easily the smartest two rap groups I know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #2222
    January 2012
    7 Posts
    Does anyone know if there was an instrumental for M.O.P.'s home sweet home ever released?

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,879 Posts
    Vinnie Paz is an idiot. He's a homophobic, bigoted conspiracy theorist who raps about cutting people up with chainsaws. It's tough to get less introspective than that.
    Vinnie Paz is weird cause 95% of the time he just raps about killing shit, and then occasionally he tries to be socially conscious, which just sounds out of place more than anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2224
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,316 Posts
    He's a homophobic
    pretty widespread in hip-hop to be fair

Edited:

as is misogyny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #2225
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,199 Posts
    You'll love Lil B, I know it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts

Edited:

as is misogyny
    Yeah, but it's few who are as conceited as Vinnie Paz about it.

27. Post #2227
    October 2011
    471 Posts
    Anyone here fans of Pharrell/N*E*R*D ?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2228
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts

Edited:

as is misogyny
    Agreed, but it becomes a lot less tolerable when the rapper in question is trying to act like some enlightened purveyor of social wisdom and truth.

"The government's controlling you man! We gotta create a world where people are free! Except bitches and faggots!"

Edited:

Anyone here fans of Pharrell/N*E*R*D ?

I'm not a huge fan of Pharrell the rapper. I definitely like Pharrell the producer. HUGE fan of Pharrell the person. Check out his Nardwuar interview:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #2229
    October 2011
    471 Posts
    I'm not a huge fan of Pharrell the rapper. I definitely like Pharrell the producer. HUGE fan of Pharrell the person. Check out his Nardwuar interview:
    I agree that his raps aren't anything that stellar, but he has a great singing voice in my opinion, and his producing is top notch. One of the best, if not the best out there.

And he also seems like a very genuine person, very likable, also -- that interview is amazing. It also helps that Nardwuar is fucking amazing.

He and Chad Hugo produced this beat... sick.

Great singing here.

30. Post #2230
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts

dat energy

31. Post #2231
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    When I first heard about ASAP Rocky I thought the guy didn't know how to say Aesop Rock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #2232
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    When I first heard about ASAP Rocky I thought the guy didn't know how to say Aesop Rock
    lolol hear better

33. Post #2233
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    OH GAWD OH GAWD OH GAWD OH GAWD

34. Post #2234
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    haven't even heard it yet, but wow at ft. danny brown and exquire.

this mike finito guy makes interesting beats - eclectic samples and shit.

semi-related: das racist are the most amusing rappers out right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2235
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,104 Posts
    can anyone suggest me some onyx or black moon kinda sounding rappers? like, crazyish and rapping about crime alot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP New Zealand Show Events

36. Post #2236
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    can anyone suggest me some onyx or black moon kinda sounding rappers? like, crazyish and rapping about crime alot
    The whole BCC was kind of on a similar vibe to Black Moon in the early days

Heltah Skeltah:

Smif N Wessun:

O.G.C.

For more loud aggro shit like Onyx I would say DMX (obv) and...

Nine

M.O.P.

Busta Rhymes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #2237
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,104 Posts
    i liked that MOP song! gonna check them out! thanks TH89!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #2238
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    not sure why you rated that funny dr. bro

39. Post #2239
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,104 Posts
    it was funny in the MOP video when he had a tec 9 in his pants. maybe thats why he rated it that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #2240
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,879 Posts