1. Post #1
    December 2010
    428 Posts
    (CNN) -- A voluntary recall of breaded chicken wings will take a bite out of the nation's supply during the flurry of college football bowl games.

Pilgrim's Pride on Thursday recalled about 180,000 pounds of Pierce Hot & Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings and Sweet Georgia Brand Hot & Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings because they contain egg, an undeclared allergen, officials said.

The U.S. Agriculture Department's Food Safety and Inspection Service said the problem was discovered by the company through a labeling review as part of its quality-assurance program. Egg is not shown among ingredients on the labels, the agency said.

Cilantro, celery recalled

The recalled products, which carry the item codes 1703 and 95122, were sold to food service distributors in 20-pound and 10-pound cases, respectively. They were produced in the company's plant in Boaz, Alabama.

There have been no reports of adverse reactions because of the consumption of the products, the company and federal officials said.

Each uncooked product bears the designation "P-413" printed adjacent to a coded date, as well as coded designations of "0001," "0007," "0029," "0044," "0056," "0058," "0063," "0075," "0098," "0109," "0119," "0135," "0188," "0215," "0230," "0244," or "0279."

The wings were produced on various dates between January 1, 2010, and October 6, 2010, and sent to 30 food service distribution centers for further distribution to restaurants, the inspection service and company said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/30...ex.html?hpt=T2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic x 5Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,936 Posts
    Spicy diarrhea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,155 Posts
    were they all from one family
    /onion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,744 Posts
    That might seem like a lot, but the cost is but a poultry sum to such a large cooperation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 41Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Fuck it I'll still eat em
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,604 Posts
    They recalled it because it contained some egg? How many people are allergic to egg?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    They recalled it because it contained some egg? How many people are allergic to egg?
    They're trying to avoid obvious lawsuits from people who happen to be allergic to eggs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,630 Posts
    They put in a possible allergen without declaring it. This is a recipe for a legal shitstorm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 33Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,558 Posts
    So, it's totally fine and there's no reason to worry about your wings if you're not allergic to eggs right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #10
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,767 Posts
    So, it's totally fine and there's no reason to worry about your wings if you're not allergic to eggs right?
    presumably, yes.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    801 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Racism" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 15Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Racism" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 15Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2010
    6,750 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 54Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,338 Posts
    Its good they decided to recall them, they certainly shouldn't wing it with poultry involved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2010
    880 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,289 Posts
    Can't whoever is selling it simply go "this contains egg" and be done with it?

I'm sure things are more complicated than that but.. still..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,825 Posts
    Glad I don't eat chicken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    I was scared for a bit there, there's a certain brand of hot wings that I eat like a motherfucker all the time.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,628 Posts

This man is DEEPLY upset about this.

He is obviously a man of business and realizes the loss of money this company will suffer, especially in a time such as this when businesses can not afford to lose money.   

(User was banned for this post ("This isn't what spoiler tags are for" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 62Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,558 Posts
    Can't whoever is selling it simply go "this contains egg" and be done with it?

I'm sure things are more complicated than that but.. still..
    It would need to be on the packaging, I think. People may not hear about that announcement, and would still be able to sue. They would only be unable to sue if it was recalled.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    959 Posts
    I'd eat the wings, sue the company and enjoy the wings because cooked egg doesn't set my allergy off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #22
    May 2009
    4,010 Posts
    fuck i just had those last night

Edited:

oh it's egg, never mind

23. Post #23
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,785 Posts
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,042 Posts
    guess the people in charge of safety decided to just wing it lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 16Late Late x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,785 Posts
    you need a title for the sheer amount of puns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,113 Posts
    oh wow 90 tons just because of a fucking mistake in the label

i guess they chickened out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

27. Post #27
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,785 Posts
    oh wow 90 tons just because of a fucking mistake in the label

i guess they chickened out

fucck i was just about to make that pun

28. Post #28
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    That's quite a fowl thing to do just for forgetting to say that it has egg in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Zing Zing x 7 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,423 Posts
    wow what cocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    945 Posts
    That's a lot of god damn chickens.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,120 Posts
    i was worried for a minute
    but then i remembered i dont have allergies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2010
    1,928 Posts
    -Obvious comment on TH89 here-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,620 Posts
    You were beaten to the punch on that one.

Kind of hard to see it through all the image spam up there, but it was already done.

34. Post #34
    April 2009
    664 Posts
    But it's chicken... of course it will contain egg...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    dam all them chickens

dammm

36. Post #36
    January 2010
    400 Posts
    (User was banned for this post ("This isn't what spoiler tags are for" - mahalis))
    That's a bannable offence? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    807 Posts
    That's a bannable offence? D:
    I think so, never saw that kind of ban before.

38. Post #38
    January 2008
    504 Posts
    I wonder what'll happen when a company recalls 100,000 tons of rice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts

This man is DEEPLY upset about this.

He is obviously a man of business and realizes the loss of money this company will suffer, especially in a time such as this when businesses can not afford to lose money.   

He isn't very good at business by the looks of it.

The paper is blank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    He isn't very good at business by the looks of it.

The paper is blank.
    He specializes in the production and sale of paper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Zing Zing x 2 (list)