1. Post #361
    November 2010
    386 Posts
    woah :o cool stuff, test baked the gas mask guy

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    look at dem claws
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

3. Post #363
    Update: NPC's will not detect you if you are crouching in a dark place, more than 20 ft away + havent fired a shot in 8 seconds.
    Dude. Dude, I love you. I always wanted stealth in a Source engine mod. Thank you so much. THANK YOU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    Update: There's a 1/3 chance of an NPC firing the rest of his clip when he dies. (I already said this before but it was buggy)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

5. Post #365
    August 2009
    318 Posts
    But only on automatic weapons, I hope?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

6. Post #366
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    I'll do some death animations! hold on, i'll get you on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,758 Posts
    Update: NPC's will not detect you if you are crouching in a dark place, more than 20 ft away + havent fired a shot in 8 seconds.
    Make it slightly random bro. If it's exactly 8 seconds it becomes predictable and game-y.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #368
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Make it slightly random bro. If it's exactly 8 seconds it becomes predictable and game-y.
    That's true. Few seconds of randomisation doesn't hurt here and there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    How will the gore be in this mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

10. Post #370
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    How will the gore be in this mod?
    i hope it's not too gory. i remember that the worst part of playing blops was realising that the dev's couldn't just have the enemy fall down, no, they had to wander a bit without their arm, or crawl away, legless and in agony. realistic, but a bit depressing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    i hope it's not too gory. i remember that the worst part of playing blops was realising that the dev's couldn't just have the enemy fall down, no, they had to wander a bit without their arm, or crawl away, legless and in agony. realistic, but a bit depressing.
    More like annoying, I shoot a guy in the head and then hear him scream. What the hell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    But too little gore get's dull fast, atleast for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    Haven't though about it. Death animations, so they'd fall to the ground and bleed? Grenades gib people. Maybe shooting people in the leg causes then to play a "screaming on the ground" animation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #374
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    Funny note. That level you speak of is set in the Aral Sea
    When it had water.

15. Post #375
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    I started some death animations, using the metrocop rig. same bone setup as the soldier, so it can be compiled with any enemy npc.

most of them won't be quite as long as that, i just wanted to get a dramatic one out first

EDIT: the npc ragdolls the moment the animation ends. also, i'm not entirely satisfied with this one, so i may come back to it after i've done some more short, sharp, 'thunk' ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    I started some death animations, using the metrocop rig. same bone setup as the soldier, so it can be compiled with any enemy npc.

most of them won't be quite as long as that, i just wanted to get a dramatic one out first

EDIT: the npc ragdolls the moment the animation ends. also, i'm not entirely satisfied with this one, so i may come back to it after i've done some more short, sharp, 'thunk' ones.
    His feet slide across the floor when he goes on his knees.
    Also I think his legs could be spread out a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    His feet slide across the floor when he goes on his knees.
    Also I think his legs could be spread out a bit.
    thanks, fixed both.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    Heh, it'd be funny if the only driveable vehicle in the game was a Lada Niva
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    If you get a headshot, make a pink mist shoot out.

Kinda like this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    I ike how the optics are covered, but in all shots from inside they are not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    I like ike too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    August 2010
    869 Posts
    any more videos like that? animating bodyshots are easy, but headshots are difficult without reference. which i cant find

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,487 Posts
    any more videos like that? animating bodyshots are easy, but headshots are difficult without reference. which i cant find
    I know certain scenes from movies, but I can't find them on youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

24. Post #384
    nox
    March 2007
    2,216 Posts
    How about like in Goldeneye where you shoot a soldier in the crotch and he gets on his knees and gropes the area for a good minute before flopping over and dieing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    When he gets killed from the arm he's going to scream like crazy, so make sure it's very painful.

Edited:

If he gets headshotted he should just stop + drop too his knees.

26. Post #386
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    thanks, fixed both.
    Awesome.

27. Post #387
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,766 Posts
    have the top part of his blow off, and then his hands come up and feel the broken skull and touch his brains and then he dies for good

Edited:

also make him confused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

28. Post #388
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,991 Posts
    and while your at it add other useless shit that's comical the first time round.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    nice

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts
    and while your at it add other useless shit that's comical the first time round.
    One of the idle animations should be a guy taking a piss. It should happen randomly so that when the guy is idling with his comrades it might happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #391
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    If you got mo-cap anims for the death animations I would fucking kiss you.

Edited:

no homo

Edited:

I know it's a work in progress, but I want to make sure these don't go unnoticed since they're bothering me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,126 Posts
    I could swear I read somewhere that one of the members of the team knew someone who could get them into a mo-cap studio. Unless that's utter bullshit and I've just completely made that up?

33. Post #393
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    Yeah there was, but I'm not sure how the progress is on getting in on that.

34. Post #394
    December 2009
    2,627 Posts
    Sn1pe has Mo-cap. I think it would be cool to be able to shoot the guns out of the npcs hands if you have a powerful enough gun + they are in idle. Another neat thing, is if any are wearing helmets you could shoot those off like in DODS

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,413 Posts
    No, Tom has mo-cap

36. Post #396
    October 2010
    10,402 Posts
    I'm stupid, but are you in anyway thinking about making a multiplayer mod?

If you are, please do so, but focus on the Singleplayer before anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,140 Posts
    I'm stupid, but are you in anyway thinking about making a multiplayer mod?

If you are, please do so, but focus on the Singleplayer before anything.
    Ivan's Secrets is a singleplayer, FPS/RPG set in the Aral Sea.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,791 Posts
    Haven't though about it. Death animations, so they'd fall to the ground and bleed? Grenades gib people. Maybe shooting people in the leg causes then to play a "screaming on the ground" animation?
    In GTA 4 and maybe kane and lynch theres a feature where if you shoot an enemy non-fatally he will fall to the floor and squirm around for a while unless you finish them off. That would be a cool feature to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #399
    Snoberator
    January 2005
    5,553 Posts
    I ike how the optics are covered, but in all shots from inside they are not.
    At that distance it doesn't make a difference because of the angle the light is coming in. It's like a pinhole camera.

its the equivalent of sunglasses for a scope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,597 Posts
    wait what
    a post was deleted here
    SOMETHING IS FISHY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)