1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,975 Posts
    Who's weapon modeler for this mod? Please add me on steam if you use it.
    afaik there's no one person that only does weapons, everyone does whatever they're assigned at the moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,415 Posts
    Why would a grenade smoke though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    750 Posts
    Stress relief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Zing Zing x 28Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,126 Posts
    I really don't know. Like I said, I was led to believe that they do by my World War II teacher a while back. He seemed to know his shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,455 Posts
    A little puff before detonation maybe. I've seen both types: games with impossible to spot grenades and the kind with an enormous almost-comical smoke trail behind them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    Grenades have fuses inside of them.

It's what gives the grenade its timed detonation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    Hey, JLea, have you played Resistance&Liberation?

How about a knockout feature in the mod. When a NPC inflicts player a huge amount of damage, the player will fall to the ground and lose control for few seconds. After he'd wake up, NPCs would think he's dead for a while or until player fires a gun.

I think it's a fine feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11 (list)

8. Post #88
    Dennab
    November 2009
    1,941 Posts

How about a knockout feature in the mod. When a NPC inflicts player a huge amount of damage, the player will fall to the ground and lose control for few seconds. After he'd wake up, NPCs would think he's dead for a while or until player fires a gun.

Sounds look a cool thing to have, but once your knocked out, wouldn't it be common sense for the enemy to go to your body and take supplies from it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    March 2006
    4,149 Posts
    or shoot you in the fucking head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    Sounds look a cool thing to have, but once your knocked out, wouldn't it be common sense for the enemy to go to your body and take supplies from it?
    oh geez I don't fucking know

Edited:

no

Edited:

Maybe if he'd code it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    Sounds like it'd be more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Also bullets don't really knock you out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    How feasible would it be to have an enemy that required you to sneak based on light/sound detection? The reason for this idea is to kind of build off the concept that powerlessness induces terror. Perfect example of that is Amnesia. Seeing as how this game is part horror, I thought it was something worth pondering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,415 Posts
    Impossible, i'm not even sure I can access lightmap levels let alone network their positions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    Impossible, i'm not even sure I can access lightmap levels let alone network their positions.
    Ah, I see. I still like the idea of some baddie that I have to run my ass off to escape from, nothing's more terrifying then not being able to kill your predator in a dark environment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Heh, you can but it's not worth the effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,455 Posts
    What about a reverse monster - one that can ONLY see in the dark after spending years underground. Perhaps give the player's flashlight a damage modifier to help blind it. If you make it strong enough it could chase the player through pitch black tunnels as they run for the surface to find a new set of underwear.

That way you don't have to mess with the map, just give the beasts a range of sight which is borderline omnipresence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    184 Posts
    What about a reverse monster - one that can ONLY see in the dark after spending years underground. Perhaps give the player's flashlight a damage modifier to help blind it. If you make it strong enough it could chase the player through pitch black tunnels as they run for the surface to find a new set of underwear.

That way you don't have to mess with the map, just give the beasts a range of sight which is borderline omnipresence.
    Holy Fuck, yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,415 Posts

Already had that planned :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly x 21Funny x 2Late x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,126 Posts
    Already had that planned :smith:
    Perfect!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,516 Posts
    Make it scream and run if you point a flashlight at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,348 Posts

Wolverine Simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    In GMod, you can. I accessed the player's position's color length, and when it was less than 0.3, night vision would automatically turn on, if it was higher than 0.3, it would automatically turn off.

Here's how it looks like in my night vision script, maybe it will give you a basic idea on how to do it:

render.GetLightColor(LocalPlayer():EyePos()):Length()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,415 Posts
    Interesting, I'll take a look at that later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts

Oh
    my
    LOOOOOOORD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,758 Posts

Oh
    my
    LOOOOOOORD
    That's too high poly for Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 19Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    Well, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    I really can't wait for this, keep up the brilliant work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts

Oh
    my
    LOOOOOOORD
    Noice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

29. Post #109
    June 2009
    84 Posts
    That's too high poly for Source
    Not at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    You missed the joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    June 2009
    84 Posts
    You missed the joke.
    Not at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    It looks okay I guess, but he is missing legs and he does not have any color. How is he going to be ingame if he does not have color and is missing legs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 24Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    It's one of the monsters obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    I would be more concerned about his lack of a head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    It looks okay I guess, but he is missing legs and he does not have any color. How is he going to be ingame if he does not have color and is missing legs?
    It's the Spetsnaz ghost. He basically just flies around and smacks the player like like a little bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,126 Posts
    Carries itself around on its hands. Feels around blindly for you. When it find you it latches on and tries choking you.

Terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    Hey neato. :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    Hey I UV mapped that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts

Oh
    my
    LOOOOOOORD
    Nice file name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,199 Posts
    Thanks, I'm a professional file namer.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)