1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts

:siren:Database of BF2142 players from Facepunch!:siren:

:siren:Input your details for the database here:siren:

Intro blurb for the attention deficient
    Let's all play some BF2142. Why? Because it's god damn awesome! Despite being released in 2006, this game is still rocking and I feel it's a lot more fun than the numerous "LOL REAL WORLD" games that are out now, like BFBC2 and CoDx. You're playing as a future soldier in a world that is too cool for school, as it's all fucken frozen. There are the usual BF game modes such as conquest, but what really sets 2142 apart from the rest of modern games is the Titan game mode. Each team has a massive floating fortress and it's your goal to bring down the enemy's titan. Read more about it in the convenient wiki dump later on in the post!

Something else to mention is the superb command structure the game has. If you've ever played BF2 then you'll be familiar with the "Spotted" radial menu and the squad / commander dynamic. If not, then you've missed out!

You can create a squad, which is limited to six members. It'll highlight your squad on the map with a different colour and you'll be able to spawn on top of your squad leader. This leads to squads becoming an ultimate tool in battling the enemy and creates some great gameplay experiences where you're always fighting alongside your friends. In BF2142, squad leaders can unlock items such as a squad portal, which will allow your members to drop from orbit onto your portal. In addition to this, squad leaders can order their troops to attack or defend areas (which grants bonus points / exp) and request UAV support, supplies and artillery from the commander.

The commander has access to very important tools. They're able to scan the map for enemy soldiers every 30 seconds, then manually spot them so they show up on everyone's HUD for longer (read the next paragraph for a spotting explanation). You can also order EMP strikes which will disable vehicles, paradrop supplies onto the battlefield, call an Unmanned Ariel Vehicle to a location (which will spot enemies nearby) and my favourite option - artillery strikes. You're able to call down a massive barrage of artillery on to a location of your choosing. Gotta be careful though, because it could decimate your squad too!

Spotting is the art of pointing your crosshairs at something, holding down a button and then clicking. This quick action will show the asset you've "spotted" on all of your ally's HUDs and radars for the next thirty seconds. You can also unlock items which will spot things for you automatically, as well as the commander being able to call in a UAV.

All of this can be done through a very efficient and quick radial menu. You can use your Q menu to call for help, spot items, ask for ammo, etc. You use your T menu to issue orders and request commander powers.

Using these tools effectively is a very important thing to do - it makes you feel like a tactical badass and you'll gain lots of experience points which will go towards unlocking more cool shit.

Battlefield 2142 will soon be coming to Steam (Hopefully February 2011)!

:siren:>>> SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO GET PICTURES AND VIDEOS <<<:siren:

Shameless wiki information dump
    Battlefield 2142 is a first-person shooter video game developed by Digital Illusions CE (DICE) and produced by Electronic Arts (EA). It is the fourth game in the Battlefield series. BF2142 is set in the 22nd century, during a new ice age which sees two military superpowers – the European Union (EU) and Pan Asian Coalition (PAC) – battle for survival.

The game was designed primarily for multiplayer gameplay, allowing a maximum of 64 players on a server or a maximum of 16 players in single player mode against bots on Conquest mode. It has its own ranking system to keep track of the user's stats similar to the one used in its predecessor, Battlefield 2. It also opens up new categories of vehicles and weapons not seen in Battlefield 2. Battlefield 2142 has an unlock system allowing the player to choose a new unlock every time they achieve a new rank rather than making them purchase the item. EA Games has also released a booster pack called Northern Strike, which contains new maps, unlocks, and vehicles.

Gameplay - Classes
    Battlefield 2142 features 4 different playable kits. These kits can be selected at any time, and the player will get them when they spawn. The kits are a bit of a combination of the kits in Battlefield 2, which had seven playable kits, which were less customizable/upgradeable. Each kit has different weapons and equipment that are unique to that kit. Each kit contains a basic weapon, secondary weapon, and a knife (with the knife differing to Battlefield 2, as when a player is killed with a knife, the killer acquires the player's dog tags.) The player is able to gain rank, options, and equipment by gaining points in the game. Battlefield 2142 now has customization, allowing the player to gain more unlocks using the one kit which makes it more effective. Each class has two unlockable weapons and one passive unlock which upgrades the soldier's helmet, each helmet upgrade having different functions. The benefits of one soldier's helmet upgrade will also be shared with his or her squad mates.

[list][*]Assault: The Assault and Medic classes from Battlefield 2 are combined as the Assault kit in Battlefield 2142. The main weapons are assault rifles with unlockable rocket or shotgun add-ons. Other unlocks include advanced first-aid kits which can be deployed to restore the health of anyone standing close to it, smoke grenades for screening, and a defibrillator for reviving fallen comrades. The Assault kit has helmet upgrade that allows the user to determine what type of kit the enemy soldier is using, and assigns the appropriate icon above the "enemy spotted" marker.[/list]
    [list][*]Recon: The Sniper and Special Forces classes from Battlefield 2 are combined as the Recon kit in Battlefield 2142. The main weapons are sniper rifles, while there is also an unlockable carbine for close-range encounters. This class can unlock a variety of explosives, including APMs and remote-detonated RDX charges, both of which can kill infantry upon detonation, and the latter can also be used for destroying enemy vehicles, assets and strategic objects (SAT Track, UAV, Orbital Strike and EMP Strike). Another unlockable item is the Active Camo system, which makes the user 90% invisible to other soldiers, but if the user gets too close to an enemy, the user can be easily spotted because of the electronic and static sounds the Active Camo system creates. The Recon kit's helmet upgrade increases the time the "enemy spotted" marker stays on the HUD.[/list]
    [list][*]Engineer: The Anti-Tank and Engineer classes from Battlefield 2 are combined as the Engineer kit in Battlefield 2142. The default weapon for this class is a directable anti-vehicle rocket launcher. Other unlockable main weapons include a high-velocity anti-tank rifle lacking guidance systems and an anti-air missile launcher with guidance systems. The equipment unlocks include motion-sensitive anti-vehicle mines, a vehicle repair kit, and a defusing device for enemy explosives. While the other classes carry a pistol as their sidearm, the Engineer class has a submachine gun to compensate for its lack of an anti-infantry weapon. The Engineer's helmet upgrade works similarly to the Assault kit's, but identifies and assigns icons for vehicles instead of infantry.[/list]
    [list][*]Support: The Support class from Battlefield 2 remains fairly unchanged for the Support kit in Battlefield 2142. The default weapon is a light machine gun. Unlike other weapons, this machine gun becomes more accurate the longer it is fired. Other unlockable main weapons are a heavy machine gun and a shotgun. The equipment for this class includes ammunition hubs, deployable sentry guns, a sonar device to locate enemy infantry (Northern Strike only), EMP grenades (useful in revealing nearby enemy Recon soldiers using their Active Camo), and individual deployable energy shields. The Support kit's helmet upgrade passively spots any enemy within a certain range that starts using the Active Camo. The cloaked enemy's marker will appear on both the HUD and the mini-map, and both will track as long as the enemy is within the Support's line of sight.[/list]
    Game Mode - Conquest
    Conquest mode, similar to its predecessors, involves two teams of players fighting each other while working to capture and defend spawnpoints. Spawnpoints are represented by flags and display the color of the controlling faction. Holding a simple majority of flags will initiate a ticket drain on the opposing faction, which will only speed up if one faction controls all the flags. Both teams begin the match with a preset number of respawn tickets. Each time a soldier dies, a respawn ticket is removed from their team.

Players have the opportunity to reduce their number of lost tickets by reviving their "critically wounded" teammates with the Assault class' defibrillator. By reviving a teammate within 15 seconds (or the amount of time the server has been set to), no ticket is lost and the player does not need to respawn (the player who killed the revived player still gains a kill point). The team that has no respawn tickets, or no places to spawn with no one alive, loses the match.

There are several types of Conquest modes: Head-on, Assault, Assault Lines, and Double Assault Lines, Conquest Assault, No Vehicles.
    [list][*]In Head-on, both teams start with one flag that cannot be captured. The rest of the flags are neutral.[*]In Assault play in either of the Assault Lines modes.[*]In Conquest Assault, which is identical to normal Assault in both its coding and function, the PAC starts with one uncapturable flag (an immobile titan), while the EU starts off with the rest of the flags and an immobile titan which can be captured by PAC.[*]In No Vehicles, infantry are the only option, which will stack with the conquest mode that the map uses. No vehicles will spawn, including static ground turrets.[/list]
    Game Mode - Titan
    The Titan mode involves players from opposing teams whose objective is to destroy the other team's Titan, while trying to defend their own. Titans are massive, heavily-armored, flying warships, which have powerful force fields protecting them from enemy intrusion or conventional weapons fire. As the force fields are up during the first part of a battle, players must fight to control the anti-Titan missile silos scattered about the battlefield on the ground. Titans can be moved around the battlefield, but only by the team's Commander. Each Titan can defend itself and contribute to the fight on the ground with 4 anti-ground guns and 2 anti-air guns.

After the shields are down, there are two methods to destroy the enemy Titan. One way is to simply remain on the ground and hold the anti-Titan missiles until they wear down the hull. Another quicker alternative is to board their Titan using "assault pods" launched from an APC (Armored Personnel Carrier), air transport, Titan, or spawn beacon, spawn on your squad leader, or land an air transport on a Titan as a mobile spawn point. Once inside, the players must destroy 4 reactor consoles to gain access to the reactor room. There, they can blow up the reactor, and have 30 seconds to flee the Titan before it is destroyed.

Game Mode - Assault Lines
    Assault Lines mode is similar to Conquest, but with a couple of major differences. Most asymmetrical Conquest maps feature the PAC as the attacking force with the EU defending, whereas Assault Lines reverses the roles. In Assault Lines, the APCs on Port Bavaria and the Goliath are spawn points for troops, much like they are in Titan mode, however the Goliath may not be stolen by the other team. Finally, the PAC home base cannot be captured until every other base on the map belongs to the EU team before they can begin claiming the base as their own.

Completion of this awards a pin to those playing as EU at the time, players who switch teams after the home base has been captured do not receive the pin. If the PAC successfully recaptures the base and controls at least one other point on the map then it becomes locked again while the EU can not lock this point even through controlling all other points on the map.

How can I get this brilliant game???
    Play.com (EU & UK)
    Amazon.com (USA)
    EA Store (International)
    Your local video game retailer!

So I have the game, now what?
    You need to install the >>>newest patch<<<

If you've got a widescreen monitor you'll also need to set your resolution. You can do it two ways;

Create a shortcut of BF2142.exe and use your properties menu to add some extra bits to the command line to specify the resolution. Example;

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1080

You can also just just use +widescreen 1 on it's own to enable widescreen resolution in the "front end" whatever that is. I don't bother with that and just use the specified one.
    Pictures and Videos
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q198/Hezzy88/BF2142/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 27Winner Winner x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2010
    2,361 Posts
    oh man 2142 this game is so awesome
    i need to get it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    I've always wanted to play it simply because of the awesome looking bipedal mechs.

Why isn't it on Steam? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    Like, right now?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts
    I've always wanted to play it simply because of the awesome looking bipedal mechs.

Why isn't it on Steam? :(
    They're beta testing version 1.51 which will be make it's début on Steam in mid January / early February. It'll have two new maps and quite a few improvements that escape me.

Like, right now?
    Add your name to the database at the top of the post and I'll add you. I won't play until tomorrow but once we get enough people interested I'll organise some nights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    They're beta testing version 1.51 which will be make it's début on Steam in mid January / early February. It'll have two new maps and quite a few improvements that escape me.
    Good to know. Hopefully it's not gonna be overpriced like mad. It's $9 or so on EA's Store right now but I can wait a few months for the simple convenience of Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    November 2007
    2,807 Posts
    add me
    ign is Xyrgoon i think

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I'm not certain of my name so I'll wait until I've reinstalled and logged in successfully

Added details.
    I'll download the update tonight.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,807 Posts
    I fucking loved this game let me go grab my disc

More nausea coming up

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts
    add me
    ign is Xyrgoon i think
    Add it to the database at the top of the thread

11. Post #11
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,428 Posts
    Game really needs to be on steam, but this thread warrants the game so I suppose I'll make an exception.

12. Post #12
    June 2010
    4,372 Posts

Add your name to the database at the top of the post and I'll add you. I won't play until tomorrow but once we get enough people interested I'll organise some nights
    yay finally!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    SERGEANT OF THE MASTER SERGEANTS MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF EXTREME SERGEANTS TO THE MAX
    June 2010
    2,198 Posts
    I'll hopefully check it out when it comes out on steam.

14. Post #14
    October 2009
    1,177 Posts
    I play the demo alot, will grab it when it hits steam.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post11975444

BF2142 Deluxe Edition is heading to Steam and Direct2Drive (and all other online retailers you see selling BF2 Complete Collection) once BF2142 1.51 is done.
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...inal-beta.html

the last BF2142 1.51 Beta and will run until mid-January 2011 where we'll decide, based on your feedback, if it is final and ready for release.
    Edited:

It's not going to be on steam for another two months at least. Stop being lazy and get on the bandwagon already!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    Insta-buy

I love battlefield games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2009
    1,053 Posts
    Isn't the 1.51 patch supposed to include the Northern Strike content for those of us who happened to get the game before the DLC came out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    473 Posts
    Just installed this again a few weeks ago, definitely up for a few games.

Best Battlefield of the series if you ask me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,014 Posts
    Isn't the 1.51 patch supposed to include the Northern Strike content for those of us who happened to get the game before the DLC came out?
    Yes! The v1.51 patch is available right now and you can download it to access NS content for free. I don't really see it being played that much on live servers, though.

All deluxe versions of the game now include NS with it. You can get it for about $10.

20. Post #20
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,466 Posts
    Already have it, gonna grab it on Steam when its out.

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    1,304 Posts
    Those graphics are pretty good for a 2006 game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,063 Posts
    I was just thinking about this game earlier, and this may warrant a re-install.

23. Post #23
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,670 Posts
    2142 is awesome! I just wish more people were playing it in Australia though. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,105 Posts
    I'll grab this once it comes out on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

25. Post #25
    September 2009
    6,525 Posts
    What the fuck, a few weeks ago it was 44 dollars non-deluxe on amazon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,584 Posts
    How populated are the servers for this game? I used to play the shit out of the singeplayer a few years back.

27. Post #27
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    How populated are the servers for this game? I used to play the shit out of the singeplayer a few years back.
    I'm sure still fairly populated. BF2 is still played. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    The Spreadsheet thing is a good idea. More Games threads should have them.

29. Post #29
    March 2009
    1,209 Posts
    After seeing all those screenshots I need to find it my disc again and install it.

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    November 2007
    2,807 Posts
    we can use my teamspeak for this btw

31. Post #31
    June 2008
    1,066 Posts
    Was Northern Strike actually any good? I used to play 2142 all the time but never had any way to purchase it, or so I thought (I was silly and thought you required a credit card to purchase it). I will probably purchase it again on Steam when the patch is released just for the sake of it.

Also did any of you guys pod surf before it was patched? It was unfair but was fun and could have some hilarious results.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    this fucking game was the shit until Bad Company 2 came out.
    (it's still the bomb though, just the PunkBuster throwing me off)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,356 Posts
    I still have the CD somewhere, gotta find it.
    I remember using the APC with the missile pods to constantly spam my squad up to the enemy Titan, was goood.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    I remember getting this game for Christmas a couple years back.

It was fun and I hope that I will re-install it sometime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,315 Posts
    Pff, I got banned because I got bored and hacked.

I should buy it again, it's still my favorite BF game. Same level as BC1/2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,249 Posts
    Best Battlefield game.

Like, if all it had was Titan mode. It would still be more fun than any mode in any BF game. I love that mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,711 Posts
    This game was awesome but it doesn't install for me now.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    2142 was fun but I stopped playing when the expansion pack released :saddowns: and whenever I try and play it again now punkbuster hates me no matter was I do.

damn, 2142 stats, last played 08-06-06 18:50

also 2142 you crazy. old screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,806 Posts
    I'll grab it once it comes to Steam. In the meantime I got BF2 in the recent sale :buddy:

40. Post #40
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,315 Posts
    2142 was fun but I stopped playing when the expansion pack released :saddowns: and whenever I try and play it again now punkbuster hates me no matter was I do.

damn, 2142 stats, last played 08-06-06 18:50

also 2142 you crazy. old screen.
    How the fuck did they do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)