1. Post #401
    August 2010
    749 Posts
    What, why?
    It hurts the Microsoft monopoly. I also believe it's easier to get someone to switch from Mac to a linux distro than from Windows to a linux distro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    July 2009
    34 Posts
    Started on Project Euler. Problem 1, done!

#include <iostream>

int index;
    int totalSum;

int main()
    {
    	for (index = 0; index < 1000; index++)
    	{
    		if (index % 3 == 0 || index % 5 == 0)
    		{
    			totalSum += index;
    		}
    	}
    	std::cout << totalSum;
    	return 0;
    }

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Programming King Programming King x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    December 2010
    161 Posts
    Hey,

I've been working on a self-contained math formula renderer for some school projects of mine after finding LaTeX and MathML C# renderers too heavy or crippled by licensing.

The output is a transparent image:

The input is basic textual input:
    Code:
    hold(-lim(integrate(sum((x^lim(r^root(3,e),r,integrate(x,x,a,b))+integrate((a*cos(sqrt(x)))/b,x,root(5,integrate(1/x+cos(1/x),x,lim(1/h,h,0),b)),root(3,pi)))/((a+1/(1+1/(1+1/b)))^cos(sqrt(1+sqrt(1+sqrt(1+w))))+(sum(n+m,n,-inf,inf))/integrate(k,k,-inf,z)),x,1,inf),x,q,r),z,inf))
    This formula doesn't have any sort of mathematical significance, but at least the rendering works . Some of the expressions (like roots, exponents, etc.) can use a little tweaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #404
    I haz a title.
    September 2005
    313 Posts
    Image filtering using 2d fft and ifft whoop :]

Images are original | 2d fft | reconstructed image

High frequency emphasis

Silly ideal lowpass approach :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #405
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,489 Posts
    Hey,
    -content-
    Okay, you putting 'Hey,' at the top of all your posts is giving me OCD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    Hey,

I've been working on a self-contained math formula renderer for some school projects of mine after finding LaTeX and MathML C# renderers too heavy or crippled by licensing.

The output is a transparent image:

The input is basic textual input:
    Code:
    hold(-lim(integrate(sum((x^lim(r^root(3,e),r,integrate(x,x,a,b))+integrate((a*cos(sqrt(x)))/b,x,root(5,integrate(1/x+cos(1/x),x,lim(1/h,h,0),b)),root(3,pi)))/((a+1/(1+1/(1+1/b)))^cos(sqrt(1+sqrt(1+sqrt(1+w))))+(sum(n+m,n,-inf,inf))/integrate(k,k,-inf,z)),x,1,inf),x,q,r),z,inf))
    This formula doesn't have any sort of mathematical significance, but at least the rendering works . Some of the expressions (like roots, exponents, etc.) can use a little tweaking.
    Why am I tempted to try and solve that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    December 2008
    271 Posts
    LaTeX and MathML C# renderers too heavy or crippled by licensing.
    LaTeX... too heavy? too licenced? its opensource and 100% free, also the heavy part is all the add-ons they bundle with the Microsoft release if that's what you're thinking of

Edited:

Also the MiKTeX release is lighter i think

Edited:

But nice job on the output :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

8. Post #408
    December 2010
    161 Posts
    LaTeX... too heavy? too licenced? its opensource and 100% free, also the heavy part is all the add-ons they bundle with the Microsoft release if that's what you're thinking of

Edited:

Also the MiKTeX release is lighter i think
    Hey,

Maybe I'm just stupid . Can you link me to a light-weight C# LaTeX renderer under a zlib/BSD type license?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

9. Post #409
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Content!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #410
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,605 Posts
    DrLuke wasn't I on a GMOD server with you earlier. If I recall you were 'vagina killer'?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 3Funny x 2Disagree x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #411
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Started on Project Euler. Problem 1, done!

#include <iostream>

int index;
    int totalSum;

int main()
    {
    	for (index = 0; index < 1000; index++)
    	{
    		if (index % 3 == 0 || index % 5 == 0)
    		{
    			totalSum += index;
    		}
    	}
    	std::cout << totalSum;
    	return 0;
    }

No need to waste time using the expensive modulo operator.

#include <iostream>

int main()
    {
    	int totalSum = 0;
    	int take3 = 3;
    	int take5 = 5;

for ( int index = 0; index < 1000; index++ )
    	{
    		if ( index == take3 || index == take5 )
    			totalSum += index;

if ( index == take3 ) take3 += 3;
    		if ( index == take5 ) take5 += 5;
    	}

std::cout << totalSum << std::endl;

return 0;
    }

With 10000000 iterations, it was approximately 6 times as fast as your original version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #412
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Yes, I'm Vaginakiller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Interesting that you say that. Friend.
    August 2007
    3,447 Posts
    Yes, I'm Vaginakiller
    I want to reply with something witty, but I have a brain fart or soemthing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #414
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    Well the thread is derailed. I was a lazy ass about working out over my break... I lost 4 lbs. (of muscle), my max for bench press dropped 20-30 lbs. and I can't flat bench my 35lbs :(

Ontopic:

// Troll.cpp
    // Calculates sum of multiple of 3 & 5 under 1000.
    #include <iostream>
    #include <math.h>

int main() {
        int next = 1;
        int sum = 0;
        for(int index = 0; index < 1000; index++) {
            if(ceil(index*0.33f) == next || ceil(index*0.20f) == next) {
    			sum += index;
    			++next;
    		}
        }

std::cout << sum << std::endl;
        return 0;
    }

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,605 Posts
    Well the thread is derailed. I was a lazy ass about working out over my break... I lost 4 lbs. (of muscle), my max for bench press dropped 20-30 lbs. and I can't flat bench my 35lbs :(
    That's because you can't be a ripped programmer. Unless you're compwhizz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    That's because you can't be a ripped programmer. Unless you're compwhizz.
    Yes you can. Ever heard of bicycle powered laptop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,546 Posts
    If you have too many pages it could get very messy, maybe add a quickbar at the bottom with all pages(by logo) like in the Music app
    It's just a concept - something to be different from the rest. A tab bar might just end up being the final navigation, but I'm trying a few things that aren't very normal to Twitter apps.

and oh jeez guys, i thought you were joking about how these threads get derailed into debate after a single post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #418
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,605 Posts
    Yes you can. Ever heard of bicycle powered laptop?
    Tell me more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    Tell me more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    That idea needs a little working on, and then I think it wouldn't be a bad idea at all!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    952 Posts
    Some make a laptop powered by situps then we can all look like DevBug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    Some make a laptop powered by situps then we can all look like DevBug
    I actually use a situp invented by a friend (it works out your whole body). It's pretty much an inclined situp with a medicine ball :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    September 2010
    964 Posts
    Behold! I bring the coveted content!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5027205/Screenshot.png
    Just starting to learn SFML, doesn't seem to bad right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,489 Posts
    I actually use a situp invented by a friend (it works out your whole body). It's pretty much an inclined situp with a medicine ball :P
    Can you post a diagram of it? I work out a lot and run (I'm on the track team at my high school) but my abs are crap, I should exercise them more.

25. Post #425
    December 2010
    161 Posts
    Can you post a diagram of it? I work out a lot and run (I'm on the track team at my high school) but my abs are crap, I should exercise them more.
    Hey,

Go to a gym/weight room and look for a weight-based ab machine. Doing crunches with an additional 100-200lbs does wonders for your abs, assuming there isn't any fat covering them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    ITT: abs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #427
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,610 Posts
    Behold! I bring the coveted content!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5027205/Screenshot.png
    Just starting to learn SFML, doesn't seem to bad right now.
    OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

...sorry, I have adverse reactions to the Ubuntu theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    September 2010
    964 Posts
    OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

...sorry, I have adverse reactions to the Ubuntu theme.
    Eh, just reinstalled, haven't really re-themed everything yet. And besides, it's just my laptop, and not my desktop, so I don't really use it much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,118 Posts

Working combat, now with damage formulas and enemies that fight back! :buddy:

How should I handle saving and messages?
    Currently, messages pop up at the bottom screen, and don't take kindly to other messages trying to been seen at the same time, and I was thinking of having them scroll up the main screen.
    As for saving, I have nothing so far. If it means anything, all entities (the walls, npcs, players) are all stored in a table.

My eventual goal is to make a random generated dungeon crawler, much like diablo, nethack, rouge, etc, and have it portable to other systems like dingoos and canoos with nlove, for squary fun while on the go!

Edited:

I also need to re-balance all the equipment I have so far, because of my new formulas (kinda based on the formulas in KoL)
    Does anyone want to test it?

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    Does anyone want to test it?
    Sure, why not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,118 Posts
    http://anyhub.net/file/1nz0-grid.love
    There ya go, but there's not much too it yet.
    You can open the console with ~, it runs lua that you enter.
    Escape breaks away from any text entry.
    WASD to move, arrow keys for using things, FTGH for menu (as long as I have it always open.)
    Put EnemyTest() into the console if you want to try out fighting an enemy.

Edited:

Also, you can't die yet.

32. Post #432
    May 2008
    999 Posts
    I decided three days ago I wanted to keep track of the movies I'd watched, and realizing this list would become quite large, I decided it would be a fun, quick little project; to write a python script that handled this. I ended up going farther with it than I originally intended, and so I thought I might as well post it here, if anyone is interested.

Necessary image to stop people from scrolling by:

Get it here. (now pastebin)

Note: The other operations, apart from "print", are "add" and "remove". If you just type in "python lystifier.py" without any arguments, it will display a help message.

Can't really speak to the quality of the code, as I'm pretty sure the only reason I had fun and finished this project was because I didn't take it too seriously (as well as being relatively new to python). Which is to say I'm entirely open to criticism, in addition to being entirely above reproach because I preempted said criticism.

Also, strictly speaking with regards to the user experience: good/ bad? I'm wondering whether it might be worth it to make a thread in Film and television to whore attention...

33. Post #433
    December 2010
    217 Posts
    Mediafire for a 6KB python script. Really?

Just pastebin that shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    May 2008
    999 Posts
    Just noticed the screenshot fails to demonstrate the current feature of logging the day each note was made. It does that now.

Edited:

Mediafire for a 6KB python script. Really?

Just pastebin that shit
    Sure.

Edited:

(one momento, combino)

Edited:

http://pastebin.com/KKZkpJES

35. Post #435
    December 2010
    161 Posts
    Hey,

I suppose I lied a little; my school projects are based on a little more than just a formula renderer :

And, due to my username:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #436
    good lord i'm awful at things.
    June 2010
    310 Posts
    Not sure which is best

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Programming King Programming King x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,558 Posts
    Not sure which is best

the 2nd one bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

38. Post #438

December 2009
    5 Posts
    Third.

first is just shaders and second lacks... rigor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    good lord i'm awful at things.
    June 2010
    310 Posts
    All three are shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

40. Post #440
    January 2010
    3,067 Posts
    Not sure which is best

i like the fourth one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 2 (list)