1. Post #241
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,828 Posts
    Multiple chunks on a single map :D

Currently working on NBT Parser to load and save the stuff. (All my chunks get created with a bedrock floor hence the bedrock mess you see)
    Thing I am dreading is terrain generation.

I anticipated a problem with packet sending from multiple threads, if multiple threads "send" a packet at the same time the stream will append both at the same time, so what I did was add a queue and then packet sends get added to that, then processed one after another. It probably works.

Edit
    Hey look, Loaded chunks...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    December 2010
    217 Posts

Unmodified EhBASIC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,223 Posts
    Anyone remembers my city generator from 2 threads ago? Well I improved it a lot since then, mainly fixing bugs and tweaking stuff. Only yesterday did I start on buildings. First, dividing the blocks into "types". Those will define how populated the blocks will be. Yellow means it will be sparsely populated, green regularly populated, and blue irregularly. Division map:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3310651/Zombie/divisions.png
    Early work on the regular lot division:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3310651/Zombie/buildings.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Programming King Programming King x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,049 Posts
    Cool, what do you plan on doing with it?

I just tried putting my text-to-brainfuck translator through itself; it expanded a 1 kb file to 11 kb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #245
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Found a use for Luigi...

ChromeOS, meet Android:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 38Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,648 Posts
    Why was this rated dumb, do any of you even know who John Lua is?

http://www.garry.tv/?p=386
    You should talk to Dr. Old, he'll cure you of your old, dumb jokes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    @Hexxeh: Are you going to provide nightly builds for this? I also demand at least 3 forks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,049 Posts
    Encoding lua in brainfuck makes me feel godly and bloated at the same time.
    I have full control over the form of my scripts, but they get ten times larger and slower.

Edited:

Code:
    ++++++++++[>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>+++++++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++++>++++>+++++++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++>++++++>++++>++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-]>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>+++++.>+++.>++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>+++.>++++++.>++.>+++.>++++++.
    That's the result of encoding "print("Hello, World! :D")" into brainfuck, then encoding the result into brainfuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    July 2010
    1,059 Posts
    ... then encoding the result into brainfuck.

Hm, I wonder why that is...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,186 Posts
    Who here wants a class designer that exports to c++ and c#?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,049 Posts
    Should I bother making my translator more efficient? Currently, it just designates one cell for each character, but I could probably find something for characters with the same multiple of ten.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    239 Posts
    Found a use for Luigi...

ChromeOS, meet Android:

Did Google contact you personally to give you one of these or did you register for the Pilot program?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

13. Post #253
    December 2009
    204 Posts
    Did Google contact you personally to give you one of these or did you register for the Pilot program?
    IIRC Hexxeh isn't American so he probably can't be in the pilot program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Who here wants a class designer that exports to c++ and c#?
    That's not how classes work. You don't just design them, you have to write them special.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #255
    July 2009
    3,886 Posts
    I wish they would sell the Cr-48, it looks damn sexy and is the type of laptop I'm looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #256
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,545 Posts
    I wish they would sell the Cr-48, it looks damn sexy and is the type of laptop I'm looking for.
    My HP laptop looks exactly the same as it. ^.^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,223 Posts
    Cool, what do you plan on doing with it?
    The most ambitious game ever, of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    My coding environment is messy. I have a text editor, 2 terminals and a file manager. Serves me right, eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,545 Posts
    My coding environment is messy. I have a text editor, 2 terminals and a file manager. Serves me right, eh?
    Dual/Triple screen?

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,543 Posts
    Don't you just hate it when you write up a long post explaining the incredibly odd problem you're having, only to notice what you did wrong seconds before, or worse, seconds after you post it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Dual/Triple screen?
    Single 1280x1024 monitor. I get by pretty well, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

22. Post #262
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,545 Posts
    Single 1280x1024 monitor. I get by pretty well, actually.
    Ouch I could never do that. I need one monitor dedicated to my text editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Hooray for stacking windows?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

24. Post #264
    good lord i'm awful at things.
    June 2010
    310 Posts
    Implemented GLSL shaders into my platformer. Don't know where this is taking me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,545 Posts
    groovy baby...

Really though whats with the hippy shaders?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,049 Posts
    Leave it like that, and I'll play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,416 Posts
    What's the libcurl.NET equivalent of wget to file %file% at %url%?

This setting options thing has me really confused...

Edit: Or more specifically, where do I pass "file" to; can it be a FileStream?
    easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, file);

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,648 Posts
    Anyone remembers my city generator from 2 threads ago? Well I improved it a lot since then, mainly fixing bugs and tweaking stuff. Only yesterday did I start on buildings. First, dividing the blocks into "types". Those will define how populated the blocks will be. Yellow means it will be sparsely populated, green regularly populated, and blue irregularly. Division map:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3310651/Zombie/divisions.png
    Early work on the regular lot division:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3310651/Zombie/buildings.png
    Looks cool. It will be interesting to see how you make it deal with terrain and natural landmarks.

I think your cities should have more a "center", since cities start out small and grow outward over time.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    Found a use for Luigi...

ChromeOS, meet Android:

Android-x86? Last I tried it on my netbook it was slow as hell, has it improved?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    so I spent about 30 minutes trying to find out why an object was spinning constantly in a 0-360 degree clamped rotation, because it should have eventually reached the proper angle. Turns out I was taking the arctan of y/x, which has issues going past pi and -pi. Then I google around a bit and discovered atan2 within 2 minutes of googling. Fuck yeah.

This is leading up to a player entity that's controlled by a "joypad" which will make the camera follow the player until it gets near the end of the world, at which time it'll stop the camera and the player can explore that last little bit.

I have 22 days and 1 hour left to make some sort of playable demo. I was hoping all the members of my group could stop by my house today. 2/5 ditched, another had to go to a wedding. So it's just me and my friend, it's usually just us 2 bouncing code back and forth though, so it's not unusual or anything. I just hope the two of us can get enough done (maybe cut a corner or two towards the end, but from how I'm seeing it, we have most of the complicated code done, now we just need to hook everything together cohesively.

You know, so that our game doesn't end up looking like the gif I posted a few pages back...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    978 Posts
    it's usually just us 2 bouncing code back and forth though, ...
    You mean you're not using any version control?

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,207 Posts
    Still getting it... warning: implicit declaration of function ‘fdopen’
    You need to compile with -D_POSIX_SOURCE, not link with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    I think that's supposed to be
    Code:
    float x = Center.X + (xDist * ratio);
    in Jallan's code
    Woops yeah.

Code:
    public void Resize(float ratio)
    {
        for(int i = 0; i < Points.Count; i++)
        {
    		float yDist = Points[i].Y - Center.Y;
    		float xDist = Points[i].X - Center.X;
                    Points[i].X = Center.X + (xDist * ratio);
                    Points[i].Y = Center.Y + (yDist * ratio);
        }
    }
    fixed.

I don't see why it wouldn't work but I haven't tried it.

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,141 Posts
    Found a use for Luigi...

ChromeOS, meet Android:

You just installed Android x86, didn't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #275
    May 2010
    5,401 Posts
    And then he said, LET THERE BE LIGHT

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    -snop, it's probably temporary-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    993 Posts
    And then he said, LET THERE BE LIGHT

Am I right that you are drawing sprites into the alpha map there?
    And if so, please use blurred out circles which would look alot better ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Judging from the quickie AA outlined edges it's probably just a quick circle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events

39. Post #279
    May 2010
    5,401 Posts
    Am I right that you are drawing sprites into the alpha map there?
    And if so, please use blurred out circles which would look alot better ;)
    This is the method im using
    http://www.sgtconker.com/2009/10/sim...tsplaceholder/

So as i understand it it just adds black onto the image and transparency where the white is (which in my case is a white circle where the flame is) i see what you mean tho theres a small outline around the circle, but I dont know how to get rid of il, the circle is a complete white circle

40. Post #280
    Taught by John Lua
    May 2007
    2,914 Posts
    Use a circle which fades nicely from black to white.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)