1. Post #441
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Makes that icon in the bottom right so much more redundant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    I knew that the user picture in the taskbar was useless.

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    Looking at the code to it, it seems as if you can be logged in to multiple accounts at the same time. :confused:

Edited:

Or at least it shows multiple accounts.

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    So that bar we saw back at CES was just more redundancy.

6. Post #446
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,087 Posts
    It looks almost exactly the same as Windows 7.

I guess that's why it's not RTM yet, eh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #447
    July 2010
    329 Posts
    Looking at the code to it, it seems as if you can be logged in to multiple accounts at the same time. :confused:

Edited:

Or at least it shows multiple accounts.
    You've been able to do this since forever.. o.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    You've been able to do this since forever.. o.o
    I know but what's the point in having it there. The updated status bar and the user tile are two of the most redundant things I've ever seen in Windows. They need to update old dialogs and make them consistent and fix UI bugs. Not create something that's already done and make another one.

Z!NG. Things heating up over at MDL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 27Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,953 Posts
    I know but what's the point in having it there. The updated status bar and the user tile are two of the most redundant things I've ever seen in Windows. They need to update old dialogs and make them consistent and fix UI bugs. Not create something that's already done and make another one.

Z!NG. Things heating up over at MDL
    Someone (Detection) is cutting himself now. There are not enough users on Facepunch to give zing ratings to sum up to the total amount of zings required for the amount of zing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 8 (list)

10. Post #450
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    Fingers crossed they lose that horrific start orb.
    If the default skin is black and sleek, I will adore them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    Found a neat build list better than those plain text ones you see everywhere: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...UE&hl=en#gid=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #452
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts

hhhhnnnnnggg no leaks yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #453
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,980 Posts
    I assume Windows 7 drivers will mostly work on Windows 8, is that a good assumption? I remember a lot of Windows XP drivers did not work with Vista, so it felt like a miracle when Vista drivers worked with Windows 7. I can't wait to start using 8!

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    I assume Windows 7 drivers will mostly work on Windows 8, is that a good assumption? I remember a lot of Windows XP drivers did not work with Vista, so it felt like a miracle when Vista drivers worked with Windows 7. I can't wait to start using 8!
    Yeah they'll work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    YES! that is awesome. now, waiting for leaks... I need something to keep me busy. Should I commit a federal crime and land myself in jail?

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    I assume Windows 7 drivers will mostly work on Windows 8, is that a good assumption?
    I would say so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #457
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,748 Posts
    I'm not sure if I want that...

Not taking the background in account. Because that's just horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #459
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,087 Posts
    If that shit makes it into the final product, I don't give a shit how bad AMD's GPU drivers are, I don't give a shit about games still using DirectX, I won't even give a shit if that fucking thing can be changed, but if it's the default, I will fucking switch to Linux.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #460
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,564 Posts
    I'm not sure if I want that...

Not taking the background in account. Because that's just horrible.
    Obviously it will be graphically neater and physically appealing - if they make it look good, I'll love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    If it's real I don't really mind it. I never see the logon anyway. Though I liked the clock in the top right like it was here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/...9719ee68_z.jpg

Edited:

If that shit makes it into the final product, I don't give a shit how bad AMD's GPU drivers are, I don't give a shit about games still using DirectX, I won't even give a shit if that fucking thing can be changed, but if it's the default, I will fucking switch to Linux.
    You'd change OSs just because of the logon layout?

Edited:

http://mswin.me/?p=1129
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #462
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    Hopefully if it's real you can change the background, those "characters" wallpapers on 7 always freaked me out.

I'm pretty sure someone will modify it to bring back the logon layout from Vista and 7. Even if someone doesn't there might be an option for it with 8.

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    Hopefully if it's real you can change the background, those "characters" wallpapers on 7 always freaked me out.
    It said in the articles you can. Though I'm taking that Logon lightly since it is April 1st.

I'm pretty sure someone will modify it to bring back the logon layout from Vista and 7. Even if someone doesn't there might be an option for it with 8.
    Should be easy. It's in DirectUI which is just XML. I've recreated old logons before with animations and what not before, I would expect this to be easier.

24. Post #464
    December 2009
    2,227 Posts
    Don't be silly, Even Windows 2000 drivers work on Windows 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    Here's a great article by Paul Thurrott: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...8-Secrets.aspx

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,671 Posts
    bad read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    bad read
    If you read the linked articles it makes it great.

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    Looks like things have quieted down in terms of leaking possibilities and images. Oh well.

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    :smithicide:

30. Post #470
    I'm calling calm before the storm.

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    I'm calling calm before the storm.
    Winreview.ru and MyDigitalLife were both sent C&D letters. We're probably not going to be hearing or seeing any more leaks for a while.

32. Post #472
    Winreview.ru and MyDigitalLife were both sent C&D letters. We're probably not going to be hearing or seeing any more leaks for a while.
    :saddowns:

33. Post #473
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    Sees new post in Windows 8 Megathread
    Hopes it's a link to the leak for Windows 8
    Sees it's nothing
    Reads Jimmy's post
    Rages and cries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    If you guys would like a source to what Jimmy said it's here: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...-twitter-feeds

Just yesterday I was contacted by CHIP (http://chip.de) about including my Aero Lite theme in their software CD that goes out with there Chip Magazine which goes out to 300k subscribers, it's a good thing I declined. (It's not the first time they went to this measure to stop people from getting a good look of Windows)

Edited:

Update: Both MDL and WinReview.ru are now stating that Microsoft was not the reason behind the closure. MDL have reopened their forums, though screenshots relating to Windows 8 may not be posted. Something has happened behind the scenes relating to Windows 8 screenshots leaked, more news is likely to come out soon.

Edited:

The ucoz websites were also not closed by MS, but instead by Staforce, who lied to abuse team by a fake MS antipiracy letter and initated this closure process. All ucoz websites will be back soon, except for staforceteam, who was permanently banned for lying to support.

Source: Comment by arseny92 in the above link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    So to that article I mentioned earlier that dude2193 called bad referenced a Ribbon based Explorer (eww). To extend upon what I hoped was just false:

Source: Rafael Rivera: http://www.withinwindows.com/2011/04...plorer-ribbon/

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

36. Post #476
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,811 Posts
    :barf:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

37. Post #477
    So to that article I mentioned earlier that dude2193 called bad referenced a Ribbon based Explorer (eww). To extend upon what I hoped was just false:

Edited:

:gonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    God fucking damn it I hate the RibbonUI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #479
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,953 Posts

snip

I think I want to cry. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,822 Posts
    God fucking damn it I hate the RibbonUI
    I think it's great. But that doesn't mean slap it on anything you can. It works on Office and Movie Maker. Paint, fucking Explorer of all things...no. Just no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)