1. Post #3801
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    4,997 Posts
    where can I get the latest released version of the Windows Pre Beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

2. Post #3802
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    where can I get the latest released version of the Windows Pre Beta?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events

3. Post #3803
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Are they reverting it to aero or is it keeping the new enhancements?
    Officialy of course?
    What do you mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

4. Post #3804
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    What do you mean?
    I know there are unofficial tools to strip that god awful start menu out and revert to the windows 7 style.
    But the official options that microsoft will include, do they lose the ribbon integration, the new task manager etc. Or do they just get rid of the start menu?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #3805
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    I know there are unofficial tools to strip that god awful start menu out and revert to the windows 7 style.
    But the official options that microsoft will include, do they lose the ribbon integration, the new task manager etc. Or do they just get rid of the start menu?
    Just the start menu. You can still run the old inferior task manager if you need to with taskmgr.exe, though I'm not sure if it'll be in future builds. Ribbon you can minimize and I think I could be able to get the command bar back (thought the QAT is much better than the command bar as you can hot key it).

6. Post #3806
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    Good. I don't have one problem with any of the other improvements, just that thing.
    I've tried to like it, but its just slowing me down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3807
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    728 Posts
    Fuck yeah, new AMD WDP drivers. I'm 5 days late but finally I can stop worrying about touching the left side of the screen with the mouse and having the OS lock up for 30-40 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3808
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Fuck yeah, new AMD WDP drivers. I'm 5 days late but finally I can stop worrying about touching the left side of the screen with the mouse and having the OS lock up for 30-40 seconds.
    Unfortunately CCC doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3809
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    Unfortunately CCC doesn't work.
    It works for me, and I've had no problem with Windows 7 drivers, So far no crashes or blue screens.

Is there any change log for the new driver?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #3810
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    CCC works with 7's driver, this one it just gives me this:

11. Post #3811
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    CCC works with 7's driver, this one it just gives me this:

That screenshot looks like Aero is disabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #3812
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    That screenshot looks like Aero is disabled.
    ZScreen doesn't support fancy Aero in 8.

Also http://winunleaked.tk/2011/12/good-b...n-welcome-refs
    and http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8...ue-in-february
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3813
    November 2009
    8,718 Posts
    ReFS? Any idea what that could mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #3814
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,038 Posts
    ReFS? Any idea what that could mean?
    "Really enormous File System" I suspect...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #3815
    November 2009
    8,718 Posts
    "Really enormous File System" I suspect...
    As funny as that is, the Re has to be one word. Otherwise, it'd be RE. Acronyms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #3816
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    Does it still fragment like a bitch? And what percentage of the drivespace (footprint?) does ReFS consume when formatted? More or less than NTFS?

Microsoft should look at Linux's open source filesystems, and either incorporate parts or just use them as a reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #3817
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    OP needs updated with Dev Preview torrents and the latest leaked post-Dev Preview/pre-Beta build. Just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3818
    September 2010
    1,070 Posts
    the latest leaked post-Dev Preview/pre-Beta build.
    That exists?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3819
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    OP needs updated with Dev Preview torrents and the latest leaked post-Dev Preview/pre-Beta build. Just sayin'.
    There is no latest leak. And the reason I never added torrents was because it's better to get the builds from the official source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #3820
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    HOLY DICK SNOT

YES! The Lawd has listened to me, and he has delivered the promise file system to me.

Now we just need to know what it does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #3821
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    That Windows 8 AMD driver is really unstable. I just had a BSOD because of it and in the last few days I've had quite a few AMD Display Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #3822
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    728 Posts
    Odd, I've been playing a variety of games: Skyrim, Source games, Saints Row 3 and have had no issues whatsoever with it. I'm using an HD5870.

One thing I have noticed is that Unreal 3 games with DirectX 11 features (such as Saints Row 3 and Arkham City) run AWFUL (1fps or worse) in fullscreen but fine in windowed. However this is regardless of this driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

23. Post #3823
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    That Windows 8 AMD driver is really unstable. I just had a BSOD because of it and in the last few days I've had quite a few AMD Display Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    What about the latest Windows 7 beta drivers? Are they stable enough?

24. Post #3824
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    What about the latest Windows 7 beta drivers? Are they stable enough?
    No idea, I've been using 11.11 and they work fine. Haven't tried anything other than that.

Edited:

http://winunleaked.tk/2011/12/how-to...t-nice-n-easy/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #3825
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    Link to the new leaked build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #3826
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    When are we gonna get the transparency on the fucking start button? It's not a big deal, as it's not even beta, but it's really an eyesore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #3827
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Link to the new leaked build?
    There is no new leaked build.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3828
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    When are we gonna get the transparency on the fucking start button? It's not a big deal, as it's not even beta, but it's really an eyesore.
    They need to have a start button like this, then I would love it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #3829
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    They need to have a start button like this, then I would love it.

I would like them to make it customizable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #3830
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Customizable style? From Microsoft? It's less likely thank you think.

But there will probably be 3rd party tools for that after release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #3831
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    Customizable style? From Microsoft? It's less likely thank you think.

But there will probably be 3rd party tools for that after release.
    I'm simply talking about colour and such, that's not really much to hope for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #3832
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,038 Posts
    I expect in the end, resource hacking will be the only way to achieve customizability with the Start Menu Button.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #3833
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    I expect in the end, resource hacking will be the only way to achieve customizability with the Start Menu Button.
    Might have to wait and see now that the charms menu is gone now. It just opens the charms bar from the right, and it seems they're making the charms bar transparent.

Seems a lot is changing with the start button at the moment so there's no clear way of telling what will be possible.

And I doubt it'll remain start button opens the charms bar on the right, too far away to be considered a decent option. Especially for those with large monitors on desktops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #3834
    November 2009
    8,718 Posts
    I'm thinking those may just be mockups.

35. Post #3835
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    It's legit.

36. Post #3836
    November 2009
    8,718 Posts
    Doesn't make them less of a mockup. It's just a mockup that's been coded for testing purposes.

37. Post #3837
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Doesn't make them less of a mockup. It's just a mockup that's been coded for testing purposes.
    Microsoft doesn't add mockups to Windows, they use things like Director, Flash, etc. By the time it's in Windows it's official. That's not to say it won't change, but it's not a mockup.

38. Post #3838
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    There is no new leaked build.
    Bullshit? Google says that build 8158 has leaked, but I can't find a link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #3839
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Bullshit? Google says that build 8158 has leaked, but I can't find a link.
    Because it hasn't leaked. If it had leaked, why would I hold this information from you guys? Or why wouldn't I be using it myself? Only images of 8158 have publicly leaked. Trust me, if and when it leaks, I or someone else will post it here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3840
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    Because it hasn't leaked. If it had leaked, why would I hold this information from you guys? Or why wouldn't I be using it myself? Only images of 8158 have publicly leaked. Trust me, if and when it leaks, I or someone else will post it here.

:<

I is retarted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)