1. Post #3841
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    The easiest way that I've seen is wait for a castle to be sieged, after the attack and all the troops go away simply take the town who probably have ~30 people in their garrison.

Also, go for the towns they give you the most amount of money in taxes IIRC.
    If you're impatient, you could always just go down to the Sulnate or Khanate. They have some pretty weak troops overall, and there's usually a castle around there that for whatever reason stays at around 100 garrison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3842
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Who is the best to attack in Fire and Sword if you want an easy castle to capture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #3843
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,241 Posts
    Who is the best to attack in Fire and Sword if you want an easy castle to capture?
    I found countries consistently vying for control of Lviv, so you will often find it weakened. Or try what theseltsamone said.

4. Post #3844
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    Floris Mod is refusing to work with me. When I try to start a new game it just gives me a black screen (I can see my mouse) after I choose my history. Anyone got a fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3845
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,732 Posts
    You have to go into the camp tab and select "Take an action". Ransom Brokers move around among cities. You can find them in Taverns.
    Hiring them doesnt do anything.

They often desert during the night, even if you have maximum troop morale.

6. Post #3846
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Now I'm up to 3 factions with no fiefs that won't go away.

It's annoying because they're all still at war, so my villages are constantly getting raided by 1 man parties that run away at 8+
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3847
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,732 Posts
    I always imagine Count Haringoth's one-man war party going "lancelot" into a village of innocent peasants, chopping down their crops with his sword and setting fire to every house singlehandedly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #3848
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    Apparently Floris mod only works with Warband 1.143. God damn, that shit's old.

I guess I won't be using this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3849
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,878 Posts
    No, but you if you get lucky, you can get a skeleton horse as a part of the loot. It's one of the worst horses, but it's a goddamn skeleton horse, so I kept it.

So I'm trying to do a sort of "Knights of Ye Olde Fuckshitup" by hiring every companion and was wondering if any option is best when a companion whines about another companion. So far I've been choosing the first one for everybody to make sure the pent up rage is evenly distributed.
    yeah I picked one up, my adventure with this mod has been very interesting

start off in swadia
    get raped by 50 bandits
    captured for 5 days
    get released
    get captured
    escape
    get captured
    escape
    attacked by huge undead army
    flee
    get attacked by MORE bandits and looters
    actually win a fight and rescue some prisoners
    fight against more fucking forest bandits but manage to win
    eventually get back to the swadia capital to tell the guy I have some fucking men
    go to bandit hideout and commit genocide
    get lots of money, waste it on overly priced food

its fun but jesus christ everything costs so much

and why do the women look retarded in bikini armour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #3850
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,073 Posts
    I always imagine Count Haringoth's one-man war party going "lancelot" into a village of innocent peasants, chopping down their crops with his sword and setting fire to every house singlehandedly.
    I love the top comment on that.

"This is how you play Skyrim"

That's the only time I think a youtube comment has made me laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #3851
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,202 Posts

Works for me. http://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-mod...s-mod-pack-252
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #3852
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    Not for me. Black screen after character history and it crashed when I try to start a Custom Battle.

13. Post #3853
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    Not for me. Black screen after character history and it crashed when I try to start a Custom Battle.
    I got this only if I chose the selection that my father was a noble. I think it's to do with selecting the banner that comes up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #3854
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,500 Posts
    Well apparently I'm not friends with the faction I've been working for this whole time. I figured I'd help them in the war with their enemies, so I slaughtered a patrol and took a Count prisoner. Turns out that's bad for negotiations. Pft.

15. Post #3855
    October 2010
    10,393 Posts
    So, can I become king of the nords, or something? I'm a vassal or whatever under them but I want to rule them eventually and if I can't it's bad because I'm currently making them win so much shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

16. Post #3856
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    So, can I become king of the nords, or something? I'm a vassal or whatever under them but I want to rule them eventually and if I can't it's bad because I'm currently making them win so much shit.
    Take a Nord city, Name yourself "Kingdom of Nord" and make your character identical to King Ragnar except with a slightly different beard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #3857
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,525 Posts

Old? It was the latest version until Napoleonic wars came out like a week ago or so, sure it's outdated, but it's hardly old.

18. Post #3858
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Damn you Cossacks! I will own your castles soon enough! My Hussars will get you....

No but seriously, I hate their guns and their sudden huge army sizes after seizing a castle of theirs...

19. Post #3859
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,073 Posts
    So rage inducing when you are caught with you pants down by some cunt lord that takes all your good gear and steals your companions :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #3860
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Oh hell yes, for the first time ever i have a real army and am about to get myself a castle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #3861
    July 2009
    4,610 Posts
    So rage inducing when you are caught with you pants down by some cunt lord that takes all your good gear and steals your companions :(
    I always play honorably so half the time the Lord likes me without even meeting me so I can easily tell them to just fuck off and avoid the battle altogether.

22. Post #3862
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,042 Posts
    Floris Mod is refusing to work with me. When I try to start a new game it just gives me a black screen (I can see my mouse) after I choose my history. Anyone got a fix?
    It's the banner selection screen that does it; roll a character without nobility and you're good to go. The banner selection screen works if it pops up in the middle of a game, but not during character creation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #3863
    January 2009
    1,908 Posts
    Does anyone else not like the animations in Floris? I like everything else but the way everyone swings their weapons just looks weird, and I can never tell which way to block after playing vanilla for so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #3864
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,042 Posts
    It took me a while to get used to the animation, but overall I think I prefer them. A little less robotic than vanilla.

25. Post #3865
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    How do I get a hold of Warband 1.143 since it's the only version that mods seem to work with? It's not on Taleworlds' website, not is it on Steam (obviously).

26. Post #3866
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,964 Posts
    So I realized to become king of the ream I'll need money, so I decided to join Tulug's army in the Kerghit Khanite. He's a cool guy but an awful leader, always putting us in 20 vs. 50 battles, but I don't want to leave his ranks because i'm already promoted so much, I don't wanna lose the 400 weekly. What do.

Also can you marry the lady from Suno, I forgot her name. The one who's like "My Father named me heiress but my cousin was like 'lol women'"?

27. Post #3867
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,042 Posts
    400 a week isn't fantastic; you can get a lot more by liberating a load of manhunters and selling bandits (I always went with Steppe Bandits) to the ransom broker (that's the most efficient way of making money that I've found, anyway).

Having said that being in armies is pretty good for levelling up and getting good gear (if you're willing to take a hit to your honour for deserting), and it's basically got no risks whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #3868
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    You could also besiege a town. Build a dyeworks and make lodsemone.

And don't say it's hard. I took Wercheg with only 100 men.

29. Post #3869
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,837 Posts
    I've never attempted to siege a castle, but I would like to ask a question about it:

Do I have to buy/construct ladders or do they "appear" when I start the siege?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

30. Post #3870
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,738 Posts
    it takes 'x' amount of time based on your party's engineering ability

they'll be there after a wait on the world map

31. Post #3871
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    What's a quick way to build up the army cap? Mine is stuck on 68 right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

32. Post #3872
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,042 Posts
    If you're king/marshal I'm pretty sure you get a shitload more troops. I went from being able to have around a hundred to around 250.

33. Post #3873
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,525 Posts
    You could also besiege a town. Build a dyeworks and make lodsemone.

And don't say it's hard. I took Wercheg with only 100 men.
    Depends entirely on the difficulty you play with.

I tried assaulting Wercheg in my game with 120 men and they had fuckin' 400+ garisonned so my ass was kicked sideways.

Edited:

Does anyone else not like the animations in Floris? I like everything else but the way everyone swings their weapons just looks weird, and I can never tell which way to block after playing vanilla for so long.

There's a way to get them back to vanilla, I did it and I love it much better, I hate the animations because I can't even fucking tell if I glanced or not since the animations are fucked.

Edited:

How do I get a hold of Warband 1.143 since it's the only version that mods seem to work with? It's not on Taleworlds' website, not is it on Steam (obviously).
    On the taleworlds website download page, there should be a link to older builds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3874
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,878 Posts
    I like the combat in blood and steel, its much faster and a general slash or thrust will kill someone if you're good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #3875
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,790 Posts
    how do i get me a god damn castle
    the ruler of my faction hates me (-8 or -9), so getting it as a gift wont be easy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

36. Post #3876
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,910 Posts
    Depends entirely on the difficulty you play with.

I tried assaulting Wercheg in my game with 120 men and they had fuckin' 400+ garisonned so my ass was kicked sideways.

Edited:

There's a way to get them back to vanilla, I did it and I love it much better, I hate the animations because I can't even fucking tell if I glanced or not since the animations are fucked.

Edited:

On the taleworlds website download page, there should be a link to older builds.
    It's not on the website. No older builds listed as far as I can see.

37. Post #3877
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Started a brand new file and am a soldier with the Nords. Have 3 villages right now and a successful business in every major city. Groups of 30 bandits go in rounds raiding my villages. It's almost impossible to keep them safe.

38. Post #3878
    July 2009
    4,610 Posts
    the ruler of my faction hates me (-8 or -9), so getting it as a gift wont be easy
    Besides taking over one yourself it won't be easy. Just try to get your relationship up with the King. You can befriend a married Lady of the court and then send the King gifts to improve your relation with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3879
    October 2011
    379 Posts
    Make nice with them, do missions for them, and when there's a fief available and they tell you who they support, support the same guy. Suck up to lords, win some battles to get your renown up, and besiege a castle on your own. If the faction leader likes you enough after you take it, he'll give it to you.

40. Post #3880
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I now have a town in each kingdom with 75+ relation, so I can rebuild my army out of whatever units i want in a really short time.