1. Post #4001
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I just make renown give more max party size. Can't be bothered to max out charisma just for leadership when I could be actually improving my character. The most renowned man ever known to Calradia probably shouldn't be wanting for more recruits willing to join him, anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4002
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    Yeah, same, I tweaked alot of values in the game by a small percentage like, I believe leadership only gives you +20 party size, I made it instead somewhere in between 25-30, as well as renown giving +1 party size per every 10 renown instead of 20.

Edited:

also bonus:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

3. Post #4003
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,890 Posts
    How do you edit game values like that (changing how much renown gives you, etc)?

4. Post #4004
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    TweakMB, very useful and versatile tool, can change p much everything and it's module specific too.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

5. Post #4005
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,025 Posts
    Anyone play Europe 1200? Im a vassal of the Irish Kingdoms (only because the Welsh Principalities were almost immediately eliminated). Then we took the Kingdom of Connacht. Currently at war with the Crown Of Aragon for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4006
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,251 Posts
    Which soldiers do you guys usually fill your armies with? I usually just go all Calradian knights but the Nords are amazing I just never know what to get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4007
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    Calvary. Calvary dominates, upgraded Manhunters, I don't know if this is in native, but in Floris, manhunters eventually upgrade to Slaver Chiefs which have fucking

war elephants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

8. Post #4008
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,726 Posts
    I managed to get me a castle and a village. My vassals are my husband and some other dude that appeared in my hall one day.
    I gave the latter the village, but turns out that eats up my husband's relation which is now at -9 from 15
    Also my village is never left up, there's always people looting it

it sucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

9. Post #4009
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    Nothing worse in Warband than finding out that you've sworn an oath to the overall weakest faction after 1000 days and taking over half the map with them.

10. Post #4010
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I JUST GOT AWARDED AHMERRAD HOLY SHIT FUCK YEAH.

I know it's not that amazing, but I've effectively wiped out the Sarranid Sultanate by my self, it was all LOLNO YOU DON'T GET CASTLE HERE HAVE POCKET CHANGE. Long overdue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #4011
    February 2011
    17,726 Posts
    My lords are faggots and don't do shit but loot poor villages, get attacked in the process, get imprisoned and come back to me pissed off
    And they don't assemble parties themselves? God
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #4012
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,514 Posts
    My lords are faggots and don't do shit but loot poor villages, get attacked in the process, get imprisoned and come back to me pissed off
    And they don't assemble parties themselves? God
    Yeah, took me three games until I enlisted in a Faction that wasn't terrible shit and got destroyed in the first battle they engaged because it was 150 vs 500.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #4013
    July 2009
    4,602 Posts
    I JUST GOT AWARDED AHMERRAD HOLY SHIT FUCK YEAH.

I know it's not that amazing, but I've effectively wiped out the Sarranid Sultanate by my self, it was all LOLNO YOU DON'T GET CASTLE HERE HAVE POCKET CHANGE. Long overdue.
    My favorite City to grab is Suno. What better place to have under your control than the original CAPITAL of the Old Calradic Empire?

14. Post #4014
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,010 Posts
    i'm so sad, I got two kills in cRPG as a level 8 on like my 3rd round ever, and I had to go and it didn't save them. :'(

15. Post #4015
    February 2009
    1,617 Posts

Holy shit what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #4016
    Xed
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    890 Posts
    sounds reasonable. bandit city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4017
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    i'm so sad, I got two kills in cRPG as a level 8 on like my 3rd round ever, and I had to go and it didn't save them. :'(
    Save what? Your character is stored on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #4018
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,514 Posts
    The website is bugged as far as I know, on my level 26 archer, all I have is 18 kills and 12 death, seems highly unrealistic.

Edited:

Save what? Your character is stored on the server.
    I think he might have meant the K:D thingy on the website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #4019
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    Oh it didn't update that because he left before the match ended?
    Who cares about k/d ratio's when there's battles to win!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #4020
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,025 Posts
    Nothing worse in Warband than finding out that you've sworn an oath to the overall weakest faction after 1000 days and taking over half the map with them.
    vaegirs?

21. Post #4021
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,890 Posts
    vaegirs?
    The arabs seem a lot weaker to me, IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #4022
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    The Sarranid Guards and master archers have yet to disappoint for me.

23. Post #4023
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,025 Posts
    I would normally think they're rather strong cause they're mostly Cavalry right?
    Also i love the Nords, once you get huscarls it only takes like 50 of them to take down a medium sized army

24. Post #4024
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,890 Posts
    I would normally think they're rather strong cause they're mostly Cavalry right?
    Also i love the Nords, once you get huscarls it only takes like 50 of them to take down a medium sized army
    The Khergs are ALL cavalry, and I can wipe the floor with them. It has nothing to do with that.

Edited:

The Sarranid Guards and master archers have yet to disappoint for me.
    The main armies (not yours) usually don't have (many) of those units. The lower Sarranid soldiers are much weaker than the rest, whilst the strongest are the strongest.

25. Post #4025
    July 2009
    4,602 Posts
    The Khergs are ALL cavalry, and I can wipe the floor with them. It has nothing to do with that.
    Speaking from a Vanilla perspective-
    As someone on the TaleWorlds forums said: "The only things the Khergits are good at are being taken prisoner and dying." A good Nord or Rhodok shield wall makes quick work of any Khergit army, Swadian cavalry beats them at their own damn game and Sarranids might as well be Calradic for "Desert Swadians." A fight between Khergits and Vaegirs is essentially a battle for "Who is the worst faction in the game?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #4026
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    Speaking from a Vanilla perspective-
    As someone on the TaleWorlds forums said: "The only things the Khergits are good at are being taken prisoner and dying." A good Nord or Rhodok shield wall makes quick work of any Khergit army, Swadian cavalry beats them at their own damn game and Sarranids might as well be Calradic for "Desert Swadians." A fight between Khergits and Vaegirs is essentially a battle for "Who is the worst faction in the game?"
    Wait, Vaegirs sucked? I always thought they were all-around and had good top-tier infantry.

Why must I always commit to the weakest faction because they're cool?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #4027
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    uh

i still maintain (upgraded) manhunters as the best unit in the game

28. Post #4028
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,025 Posts
    Wait, Vaegirs sucked? I always thought they were all-around and had good top-tier infantry.

vaegirs have good archers, but that still makes them one of the worst factions in the game

29. Post #4029
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    vaegirs have good archers, but that still makes them one of the worst factions in the game
    Then that makes their domination of the campaign map in my current game even more frustrating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4030
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,358 Posts
    I've found the Nords to be the most frustrating. They have a seemingly endless amount of troops, and said troops have a lot of variety when it comes to combat (huscarls w/ throwing axes, sword/shield, two handed axes). Although they lack cavalry, if they bunch up, they kill the horses and then swarm the rider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #4031
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    Then that makes their domination of the campaign map in my current game even more frustrating.

you must be some kinda presidential stupid to have conquered for a faction rather than your own, you probably side with jefferson don't you, pfft panzy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #4032
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    781 Posts
    What mods do people here have for Warband? I usually play Floris and Prophesy of Pendor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4033
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,025 Posts
    I've found the Nords to be the most frustrating. They have a seemingly endless amount of troops, and said troops have a lot of variety when it comes to combat (huscarls w/ throwing axes, sword/shield, two handed axes). Although they lack cavalry, if they bunch up, they kill the horses and then swarm the rider.
    Thats because the AI doesnt know how to ride a horse and just runs straight into the massive clumps rather than circling them/ picking off the stragglers

Edited:

As i said on this page I play Europe 1200

34. Post #4034
    July 2009
    4,602 Posts

No, they actually have the worst infantry in the game (though admittedly not by much), excluding the Khergits (for obvious reasons).
    Also that story about Vaegirs having the best archers is a lie. In classic Mount & Blade they did, but now the Sarranids are the best archers.
    Ironically, since most of their troops, infantry and cavalry, use two-handed weapons, they are actually the easiest to kill with ranged troops, especially since they are not all moving targets, unlike the Khergits.

Edited:

Actually, now that I thnk about it from a tactical perspective, it makes sense to lead the Vaegirs to glory. That way when you turn on them sieges won't be as hard as other factions. Nords are famous for fighting on foot so walking up a ladder to 5 Huscarls isn't the healthiest decision. Rhodoks with their crossbows and giant ass shields are pretty much designed for sieges, attacking or defending. Swadian Knights on foot. Nothing more needs to be said. Khergits, oh god everyone of them has a bow and they're aiming at me. Sarranids, oh god it's just like the Swadians but they shoot faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #4035
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,706 Posts
    The Vaegirs are still "sort of" the best archers. If you're fighting on the field, vaegir archers will win out in terms of kills and injuries delivered to the enemy. Sarranid archers on the other hand are better defending castles because they have vastly superior armor so they can take multiple hits from crossbows and bows.

Vaegir Marksmen have a power draw of 5 and have either a Strong Bow or a War Bow. Sarranid Master Archers have a power draw of 4 and always have Strong Bows. On average the vaegirs with their superior power draw and war bows (warbow 25 damage, strong bow 23) will deliver a lot more damage. It depends on how you play tactically. Vaegir Archers are less physically robust but they deliver a much higher damage output so if you use them correctly you can decimate heavy cavalry and heavy infantry with them. If you're stocking troops in a garrison then the sarranid archers are a much better choice because they are the heaviest armored archer in the game.

Still though, Rhodok Sharpshooter > Everything else. Even with their shit rate of fire Rhodok Sharpshooters are equally as dangerous in melee as they are at range so they are hands down the best "archer" unit in the game. Put 50 rhodok sharpshooters in a castle and they'll hold off an army of 700.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4036
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    of 700 what? let's test your theory.

edit: jk im not that anal :(

37. Post #4037
    February 2011
    17,726 Posts
    This is getting old. 3 kings against me, I have 3 castles to defend myself because my lords are assholes who won't do shit but lose relationship with me from nowhere and ignore my army assembling calls.
    Not to mention I'm losing ridiculous amounts of money every week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #4038
    July 2009
    4,602 Posts
    I feel bad for anyone who has to siege a Rhodok castle. The last time I took part in a siege, the Sergeants formed a shield wall semicircle of death at the top of the ladder.

So many men gunned down... and the few that made it to the top were torn to ribbons.

Edited:

This is getting old. 3 kings against me, I have 3 castles to defend myself because my lords are assholes who won't do shit but lose relationship with me from nowhere and ignore my army assembling calls.
    Not to mention I'm losing ridiculous amounts of money every week.
    Judging from your earlier posts you didn't really prepare well. It's possible to use all the companions in the game to get you right to rule. Them getting pissed at you is temporary, after about 3 days you'll be able to send them on their Right to Rule mission. Using this you can get almost 50 Right to rule for free. It also all depends on number of companies you own, your relationship with Lords, and your relationship with villages that give your favorite troops.

Edited:

Getting hitched is also a good idea for would-be Monarchs. Preferably marry into a family that owns cities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4039
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    Does anyone else have a kettle helm/rhodok hardon? I always give my character a kettle of some kind. Things look so badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

40. Post #4040
    July 2009
    4,602 Posts
    Does anyone else have a kettle helm/rhodok hardon? I always give my character a kettle of some kind. Things look so badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)