1. Post #3961
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    How can I increase my army size fairly quickly? I'm at about 100 men and some of the other armies dwarf mine.

Edited:

The cap provided by the Leadership skill is really annoying.
    If you win some more renown battles, like defeating a large amount of enemies by yourself, you can slowly start to keep more people with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

2. Post #3962
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,641 Posts
    ohh now i remember why crpg sucks so much

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3963
    July 2009
    4,549 Posts

A hammer attached to another hammer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3964
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,779 Posts

Das Über hammer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3965
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts
    Could also be that mixing intense grinding with M&B's easily exploitable combat mechanics inherently causes problems.

I have a feeling that all the crazy spin bayoneters in Napoleonic Wars come straight from CRPG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3966
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,441 Posts
    Could also be that mixing intense grinding with M&B's easily exploitable combat mechanics inherently causes problems.

I have a feeling that all the crazy spin bayoneters in Napoleonic Wars come straight from CRPG
    They probably do, though quite frankly, I've seen a shitload of that in Native duels now, there wasn't any of that shit before and it was strictly cRPG.

I like to call them the wizard class, they try their best to summon tornadoes but they don't have the mana because their jumping back fleetfoot spell is always on, so instead they just whack you in the face with their wizard staff and robe of armored destruction.

I've played cRPG for like 2 years now and I really refuse to end up as a wizard, I dislike spinning, it makes the game look retarded, I try my best to not exploit the broken combat mechanics of the game so I don't spin, I don't jump back and do 360s, I don't exploit hiltslashes and so on.

You're not at a noticeable disadvantage if you have the same skill as them, it's only really retarded having to see them just training for their next circus show and getting skewered by the chainsaw haft of polearms, notably long spear and pike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #3967
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts

hammers are not c-rpg exclusive and also not overpowered in my opinion.

Also, my take on the spinning stab is that it's impossible to stab someone while hugging so thats why people stab the other way and turn back around.
    That's why i do it, but i hardly ever use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #3968
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    Back in my day, another player looked you in the eye when in a duel, I tell you what. There wasn't any of this spasm spin bull-honky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #3969
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    Hammers are really OP in SP if you have high prisoner management. I had about 2 killed and 48 wounded or somewhere around that area in most battles on a high level character in one of my SP saves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3970
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,441 Posts
    hammers are not c-rpg exclusive and also not overpowered in my opinion.

Also, my take on the spinning stab is that it's impossible to stab someone while hugging so thats why people stab the other way and turn back around.
    That's why i do it, but i hardly ever use it.
    Turning into your stabs is fine, spinning and doing full 360s or 720s or whatever the fuck else are not, this is just retarded.

Edited:

Back in my day, another player looked you in the eye when in a duel, I tell you what. There wasn't any of this spasm spin bull-honky.
    Yes, Nohj, I remember these good old times too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #3971
    October 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Oh god I just fucked up. I was assaulting a castle and all my units got murdered. This was on realistic saving too. So right now I have a band of twenty recruits, all my companions are either MIA or imprisoned, and my fief was burned to the ground. This game hates me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #3972
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    Turning into your stabs is fine, spinning and doing full 360s or 720s or whatever the fuck else are not, this is just retarded.
    I just remind myself of how stupid i am to fall for such a silly trick everytime i die to it. It's not hard to block.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3973
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,779 Posts
    Is there way to create second character in cRPG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #3974
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    Just do what you did for your first character but with a different name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3975
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,779 Posts
    Just do what you did for your first character but with a different name.
    So second account in cRPG or just new character in Warband?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

16. Post #3976
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,441 Posts
    So second account in cRPG or just new character in Warband?
    Basically, you create a new character in Warband, joing a cRPG server then when you log in on the website, top left, you'll have a list of all your characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #3977
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,779 Posts
    Basically, you create a new character in Warband, joing a cRPG server then when you log in on the website, top left, you'll have a list of all your characters.
    Can you trade equipments between characters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3978
    July 2009
    4,549 Posts
    Hammers are really OP in SP if you have high prisoner management. I had about 2 killed and 48 wounded or somewhere around that area in most battles on a high level character in one of my SP saves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3979
    February 2009
    1,981 Posts
    So how many people are in a line regiment at this point?

49e represent.

20. Post #3980
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,716 Posts
    I don't bother really with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts

49e represent.
    51st.
    Last training had like 70 people on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

22. Post #3982
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts

49e represent.
    Line battles are silly imo because there's just not enough people for it. Pretending 30 people in a line is much just doesn't cut it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3983
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts
    What the hell is with lancers in Napoleonic Wars, I see hundreds of lancers but I don't think I've ever seen a single one of them couch lance.

I just ride in front of them while parrying downwards, their lance hits my parry, their horse keels and then I embed my sword in their face. Are people just not aware that you can couch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #3984
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts

49e represent.
    5th Brigade 1st Grenadiers right now. Its been fun so far but theres been an event literally every day. Thankfully they understand if I attend like 2-3 a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #3985
    April 2010
    2,398 Posts
    So, I've heard of this game, and I might get it, I'm pretty much already sold, but from what I've heard, it's hard to describe why its so good in words, any videos of moments that are truly epic? (By epic, I don't mean 'lololo this shit is epicz' I mean more like, massive battles, amazing kills, things that just make you want to play the game when you see them.)

26. Post #3986
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    I only really know who you are because you're on the forum, I don't participate on the forum ever since my Patricia forum account got permabanned for stupid shenanigans by Meow.

I remember fighting a few EU players on the EU duel server but I don't remember ever fighting you, so I know nothing about you outside of the forum.
    Did stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3_Xxps8vM4

Watch fullscreen max quality, zooming in done in battle 2.
    Sounds like a big ego, but I'm a really good player, honestly you may not see me around in cRPG anymore because of the amount of fucktards in the community, so we are gonna play Guild Wars 2 when it is out. Making our own guild with warband players

My friend & I trained all our members (the older ones that been around for 2 years) personally with lots of hours invested in each member, so we've also been around as one of the most skilled clans, although nowadays we're pretty inactive, for the same reason stated above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #3987
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    What the hell is with lancers in Napoleonic Wars, I see hundreds of lancers but I don't think I've ever seen a single one of them couch lance.

I just ride in front of them while parrying downwards, their lance hits my parry, their horse keels and then I embed my sword in their face. Are people just not aware that you can couch?
    They just suck. Majority of m&m players sucked so i guess that suckage kinda transferred to napoleon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #3988
    October 2009
    1,725 Posts
    So um, any tips on rebuilding an army? And how do I go about finding my companions if they were captured?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #3989
    July 2010
    565 Posts
    So um, any tips on rebuilding an army? And how do I go about finding my companions if they were captured?
    Get your relationship with villages in the areas belonging to the factions that you want to recruit, and you can get 20-30 recruits at each village or a few militia.

You can ask where companions are in taverns.

30. Post #3990
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    So, I've heard of this game, and I might get it, I'm pretty much already sold, but from what I've heard, it's hard to describe why its so good in words, any videos of moments that are truly epic? (By epic, I don't mean 'lololo this shit is epicz' I mean more like, massive battles, amazing kills, things that just make you want to play the game when you see them.)
    I haven't got a video, but I thought this was pretty incredible, I was at an event hosted by the 84e with my regiment twice and both times the final "fun" match was a sea battle with small boats on a custom map. I posted pictures of the 1st one in the ingame media thread, heres a really epic moment from the second one:

We are heading towards the enemy island to capture their flag when a cannon in the distance fires straight at us and hits the ship.

The ship starts sinking rapidly. The water turning gray is from the cannon impact smoke.

The smokey water clears and there is confusion amongst the small crew.

I drown after falling off the boat and the people that survive the drop to the bottom drown too shortly after.

There were 12 of us when we boarded the boat, and not a single person survived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #3991
    October 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Get your relationship with villages in the areas belonging to the factions that you want to recruit, and you can get 20-30 recruits at each village or a few militia.

You can ask where companions are in taverns.
    Well I mean how do I get the keys from the guard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #3992
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    Alright, so I'm playing the game, and doing p good, almost completely destroyed Saranid or whatever, and their last two castles are in the territory of the Rhodoks, so I just decided I'd ask for peace to strengthen a little bit before trying to attack them.

wow really

its not in your best interest to save your sorry ass when this is currently the map

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #3993
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,542 Posts
    guys, is it possible to siege castles and start up a faction by just resigning from my current vassalage and taking castles on my own?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3994
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    yes, that's what I did, I got good with the Vaegirs, became a vassal, realized I got enough shit from them, got out of my oath and took Asugan Castle, and in some strange strange happening, they offered peace ( i have no clue why, they usually don't do peace unless you have around 50 RTR. )
    From there I went to Saranid :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #3995
    February 2011
    17,542 Posts
    i cant figure out how to besiege castles on my own
    how do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

36. Post #3996
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,441 Posts
    how do it

Get on bad terms with whoever you want to capture from, loot villages, attack caravan or something, when they hate you, you'll have the options to siege.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #3997
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    how do it
    By on your own, what do you mean? I'm assuming you mean with a party of troops and not by yourself only, like I, glorious king Astud, did. It's really simple, Asugan castle at the time wasn't garrisoned too heavily (about 130 or so). So I took it just by myself, no other troops at all. Nope. No siree.

Although, I suppose a less skilled person might have to use troops, maybe they'd have to have somewhere around 170-200 or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #3998
    February 2011
    17,542 Posts

Party limit is 80 atm

Should I get out of my vassalage and try taking some castles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,441 Posts

Party limit is 80 atm

Should I get out of my vassalage and try taking some castles?

I don't think 80 is nearly enough, get more points in leadership.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #4000
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    leadership was the first thing I leveled up jeez, big parties beat any kind of huge skill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)