1. Post #4361
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    So I was rescued a Lord in Brytenwalda and I noticed more than a few nations hated me.

Almost half the map, to be precise.

I was wondering why, then I realized that I was helping out Mierce.

I can see how that could rustle more than a few Brythonic jimmies.
    Try being part of Fortriu

"_________ has declared war on Fortriu" is like some sort of national pastime, errybody hates me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #4362
    Getting killed because you get horsebumped by teammates is wonderful.

Edited:

Actually, losing a fight because you get horsebumped at all is fucking annoying, but it's twice as bad if it's a teammate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #4363
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    Cavalry in general are annoying as fuck in MP, especially in napoleonic wars. If your cavalry teammates aren't swooping in on your melee battles to steal your kills, you're getting lanced in the back by inaudible stealth-cavalry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4364
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,910 Posts
    Cavalry are really easy to kill, as most of them suck balls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4365
    Cavalry are really easy to kill, as most of them suck balls.
    In native, sure. They're OP as FUCK in crpg. Considering several lances outrange some of the spears (even good spears like the war spear) and best case scenario you have several people on your team diverting all their attention to keeping cav away and then most likely your infantry gets rolled

Edited:

This game would be better if it was called "& Blade"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #4366
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,393 Posts
    In native, sure. They're OP as FUCK in crpg. Considering several lances outrange some of the spears (even good spears like the war spear) and best case scenario you have several people on your team diverting all their attention to keeping cav away and then most likely your infantry gets rolled

Edited:

This game would be better if it was called "& Blade"
    Yeah seriously, the war spears in this game are the lenght of a real life's shortened spear and pikes are the lenght of actual war spears, the shortened spear is just a small stick with a pointy end.

I also absolutely hate archers and cavalry for that, enemy or teammates, when I get shot by an arrow and get staggered, making the guy I was fighting for a minute kill me, I'm pissed.

Same with horses, specially because you get knocked down by the air the Horse displace, I can't tell you how many times horses will knock me down despite never touching me in a single map.

Horses are so strong in cRPG that their mere presence displaces the air around them and shockwave your ass to the ground or something.

Something else, the hitboxes are poorly done in Warband/cRPG, that's nothing new, but the lances are just absolute bullshit. The hitbox of lances are just a big fucking square infront of it, so even if the actual lance misses you, the fucking HUGE square hit box hit you, so you're dead.

7. Post #4367
    July 2009
    4,484 Posts
    See this is why I like Brytenwalda. They're practically racist towards cavalry. Get yourself a Briton or Saxon long spear and you can take on any man on a horse. Still need good timing though, but that's fair.

8. Post #4368
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    What's a good mod? i'm downloading Brytenwalda, I think a Sengoku one would be cool but there doesn't seem to be a well polished one. I'm looking for either really well made or very interesting features.

9. Post #4369
    September 2011
    304 Posts
    What's a good mod? i'm downloading Brytenwalda, I think a Sengoku one would be cool but there doesn't seem to be a well polished one. I'm looking for either really well made or very interesting features.
    Prophesy of Pendor.

10. Post #4370
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    93 Posts
    anyone have the less confusing warband companion picture?

the one with who to noble and who to keep?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #4371
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    What mod should I try next? I've done PoP and Floris mod, and beat both of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

12. Post #4372
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    Interesting note for brytenwalda players, there's two villages along the coast by Suth Seaxe that have Frisian peasant inhabitants, and the Frisians have their own troop tier that isn't displayed in the troop tree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #4373
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    What was that mod that had the thing where when you died on the field, you take over one of your troops?

14. Post #4374
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,889 Posts
    What was that mod that had the thing where when you died on the field, you take over one of your troops?
    Someone do tell, because that sounds amazingly useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #4375
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    1257 AD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #4376
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,658 Posts
    whats so good about the brytenwalda mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4377
    March 2009
    372 Posts
    Should I go for PoP or Floris? Which one adds more stuff and new features?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #4378
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Millions and millions of features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4379
    I seethe with hate for anyone who plays Swadians in MP. Great sword and board infantry, great 2-handed swords, great crossbows, broken as fuck cav

ggrgrrrrrr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4380
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    Swadia is easily countered with Nords, but i found that Sarranids usually win from Swadians MP.
    The 2 handed swords are great, but it obviously sucks against shields.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #4381
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    When I go Swadians, I spend all my money on a Haubergeon and an Arming Cap, then I loot some corpses for amazing equipment, and I'm all set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #4382
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    17,756 Posts
    Swadia is easily countered with Nords, but i found that Sarranids usually win from Swadians MP.
    Khergit > Sarranid, hands down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #4383
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    the maps really cool, there's some interesting sub mods like freelancer which lets you be a soldier in a lord's army, all new armor and weapons, all the towns and castles have new scenes and the sieges have various ladders or just a different way to enter. There's a ton more stuff, it's worth a gander.

Edited:

also

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #4384
    It's still in general harder to win a fight with sword and shield than with a 2-hander if you know how to block.

Edited:

As Nords against Swadians, I generally take an axe, because most native mp players suck at using 2-handers and usually if you smash their shield they're done for. But then crossbows. And cav.

Swadians have the strongest lancer cav and lancer cav is the most OP bullshit ever.

Edited:

Someone who knows what they're doing on a horse can kill spearmen easily one-on-one, and if they have a lot of cavalry, just lay down and kill yourself and it will be less horrible.

25. Post #4385
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    In a nutshell its just completely different from warband. Much different time era, a lot more features (most of which can be enabled/disabled if you like/dont like them) it's pretty historically accurate and encompasses kingdoms and nobility that actually existed.

If you're into the history of ancient britain then it's worth looking at, if you're not then its just a very feature complete and challenging mod with a new gameworld, new weapons/armor and what have you.

26. Post #4386
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Was that a reply to me?

27. Post #4387
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    It's still in general harder to win a fight with sword and shield than with a 2-hander if you know how to block.

Edited:

As Nords against Swadians, I generally take an axe, because most native mp players suck at using 2-handers and usually if you smash their shield they're done for. But then crossbows. And cav.

Swadians have the strongest lancer cav and lancer cav is the most OP bullshit ever.

Edited:

Someone who knows what they're doing on a horse can kill spearmen easily one-on-one, and if they have a lot of cavalry, just lay down and kill yourself and it will be less horrible.
    Yeah axes are the way to go for Nord.
    I found some good high skill servers so i find that smashing shields doesn't really result in an easy win. It's easier that's for sure, and the stun after the shield breaks works wonders as well.

I usually get tired of blocking after 5 blocks and that's usually when people kill me in an even fight, but luckally it's not just about knowing how to block, and most people are far worse than i am.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #4388
    I hate it when I pull off shit for blocks in a fight

Usually if I start off strong I can keep going for a while but my biggest problem is getting caught off-guard and throwing the first 1 or 2 blocks wrong. Then I usually either stabilize or just die.

29. Post #4389
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,000 Posts
    Should i get Napoleonic Wars when it goes on sale?

30. Post #4390
    February 2009
    1,960 Posts
    Should i get Napoleonic Wars when it goes on sale?
    I enjoy it, but it's definitely not for everyone. The weapons balance is still wonky, and cav are mostly useless.

31. Post #4391
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Someone answer please?

Oh wait, found it, 1257 AD, downloading now

32. Post #4392
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    I enjoy it, but it's definitely not for everyone. The weapons balance is still wonky, and cav are mostly useless.
    Cavalry are insanely OP. If you are cavalry and can't rake up a 10:1 k/d ratio you're doing something wrong.

agree on weapon balance though. The bayonets are like death on the end of a stick, uber fast, pierces armor and pretty much a one hit kill in most circumstances while every other weapon requires 2-3 hits.

Edited:

Someone answer please?

Oh wait, found it, 1257 AD, downloading now
    Where's the download, is there a non-SVN?

(SVNs are a big hassle)

Edited:

ah, here we go

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/1746

time to make the obligatory scottish t/hander character

33. Post #4393
    April 2009
    2,180 Posts

"Hey, don't mind me, just chillin'"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

34. Post #4394
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    M&B crashed the first time ever in 200~ hours. I was just starting out in 1257 and I had JUST won against a lord's army as a lord myself, 99 vs 125. Safe to say, it crashed before it autosaved :(

35. Post #4395

July 2010
    673 Posts

Oh time to visit one of my vil- oh they're infested by bandits? That shouldn't be a pro- HOW MANY BANDITS?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #4396
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,852 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

37. Post #4397
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,358 Posts
    This isnt Oblivion character creation discussion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #4398
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    Oh man, Brytenwalda (and native warband) has some cool features I just found out about, Mierce was getting destroyed due to fighting on 3 fronts, a lot of their Lords were captured, I was trying to marry one of their daughters, but just before I got to him to pay the ridiculous dowry, he was captured too. So I followed the guy who captured him who I wasn't at war with, he deposited him in a town and we had a god damn prison break. Never knew you could do this in native, so I busted him out and then went and got the king and another two lords out. The East English are beating everybody so I needed them to put up a fight while I conquered some weaker southern countries. Then I was going to help out.

Luckily though two lords rebelled against the english and brought back previously defeated kingdoms such as the East Saxons and some other one. So shits looking cash.

also, badass villagers.

39. Post #4399
    September 2011
    304 Posts
    Just bought Napoleonic Wars from the paradox sale. It's kind of meh.

40. Post #4400
    April 2010
    1,713 Posts
    Is it me or are throwing weapons really underpowered? I tried to make a (mostly) throwing exclusive character but everything does little damage :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)