1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,327 Posts
    Wow Warband is so much worse, either that or my game is bugged. It takes DAYS to find / catch up to a Lord. Fucking ridiculous. Why aren't they ever where they fucking live? And most of the time I only catch up with them at the capital because there's a fucking tournament, which I have to enter to finish the damn quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    You're probably doing it wrong, I don't have that problem at all really... or I don't see it as a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,022 Posts
    i don't like warband just because the game is alot more buggy to me. Most of the textures begin to turn invisible/rainbow colored after a while of playing, but doesn't happen in the original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,184 Posts
    the only problem i have with chasing lords to give a message to is that they travel so much faster than i do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #565
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    Played the Fire and Water map in MP with 100 peeps

Jumped a horse off the main tower

Landed on a guy, knocking him out

I survived

The horse didn't

Today was a good day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,421 Posts
    Whats the key to travel around the map faster? might help all the newbies and their angst

7. Post #567
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Whats the key to travel around the map faster? might help all the newbies and their angst
    Increase path finding skills (Increases map movement speed by 3% per level) and have as small a party/army with you as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,596 Posts
    Increase path finding skills (Increases map movement speed by 3% per level) and have as small a party/army with you as possible.
    Having good food and shit boosts your morale too, I think that makes everyone travel faster.

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Well they did make a MP Warband 1866 mod, though that's shit compared to the SP mod.
    What about an SP warband version? I don;t want to buy a whole separate game to play the 1866 mod.

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    What about an SP warband version? I don;t want to buy a whole separate game to play the 1866 mod.
    Well I know that it's being made, nothing more I can say really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

11. Post #571
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    I am starting to get really annoyed by warband now. There's only 2 mods that don't crash right after installing or while playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    I am starting to get really annoyed by warband now. There's only 2 mods that don't crash right after installing or while playing.
    How much RAM do you have?

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    4 gig, but can only use 2 on xp i believe.
    It's not ram. It's not my cpu. It's not my gpu. It must be my drivers and the game colliding. And i can't change that.
    At lowest settings it runs as hot as on medium to high settings.

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,327 Posts
    Ok I'm having a better time finding the lords I need, but holy crap there's a lot of looters and shit in Vaegirs. I bumped into 44 of them at once and died :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,421 Posts
    No no, I meant the actual key on the keyboard. Like holding space or something.

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    It's not ram. It's not my cpu. It's not my gpu. It must be my drivers and the game colliding. And i can't change that.
    Actually if it uses only 2 gigs then I guess there's the explanation. A lot of people had crashing problems with Warband and mods (specially mods) because they had 2 Gigs of RAM. Though the crashing occurs for people mostly in big battles when the RAM can't load stuff fast enough so the game crashes. But obviously for you it doesn't crash in battles so idk

Edited:

No no, I meant the actual key on the keyboard. Like holding space or something.
    I think it's ctrl and space. Dunno

17. Post #577
    November 2009
    1,935 Posts
    the only problem i have with chasing lords to give a message to is that they travel so much faster than i do.
    Do what I do.
    Hold control and press T, to see all parties, then once you find the one you are looking for, hold control, and left click next to the party, and bam you are right next to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    Actually if it uses only 2 gigs then I guess there's the explanation. A lot of people had crashing problems with Warband and mods (specially mods) because they had 2 Gigs of RAM. Though the crashing occurs for people mostly in big battles when the RAM can't load stuff fast enough so the game crashes. But obviously for you it doesn't crash in battles so idk

Edited:

I think it's ctrl and space. Dunno
    It big battles it locks up. When i alt tab and go back it's working again. I think that's a ram issue probably.

19. Post #579
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Do what I do.
    Hold control and press T, to see all parties, then once you find the one you are looking for, hold control, and left click next to the party, and bam you are right next to him.
    Waaaaaaaaat, you can actually do that?! Oh man, awesome.

20. Post #580
    February 2011
    166 Posts
    path finding, smaller armies, lots of horsemen, carry 1 horse in your inventory for every 6 slots you have in your inventory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,014 Posts
    How do i get heads of cattle without stealing them?

22. Post #582
    November 2009
    1,935 Posts
    Waaaaaaaaat, you can actually do that?! Oh man, awesome.
    Sure is

23. Post #583
    February 2010
    195 Posts
    How do i get heads of cattle without stealing them?
    Speak with the village elder. Select that you want to buy some supplies for the village and will pay with gold. Then select to buy a few heads of cattle.

You can find him by going at the center of the village. it's usually a man with a robe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    To people who play online Mount and Blade...

Would you say it is worth it to buy Warband to play online? I have been wondering about online play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,437 Posts
    The only thing that Mount & Blade lacks is the smell of fresh air before a giant battle at dawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

26. Post #586
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,926 Posts

Would you say it is worth it to buy Warband to play online? I have been wondering about online play.
    Yeah it is, Specially with Mount and Musket, Playing it right now...

27. Post #587
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Yeah it is, Specially with Mount and Musket, Playing it right now...
    Ok, thanks. But is it only fun with the mods or is it pretty good even with just plain old warband?

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,421 Posts

It's worth it to buy it for singleplayer...

The multiplayer is fun sometimes, depending on the server.

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,596 Posts
    Not a Big Fan of M&B multiplayer, never found it that fun vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,437 Posts
    Well, from what I've experienced, its mostly a one on one melee fight having Cavalry fucking in every few seconds, epic shit exploding everywhere and arrows cruising around.

So yeah, It's badass while it lasts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,022 Posts
    online is pretty annoying, you usually die in 2-3 melee hits so it's not that fun if you aren't that good

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    I forgot how fucking addictive this game is. Playing blood and steel, just obliterated all the Swadians.

Edited:

why the fuck are you using 4GB RAM with xp

hell, why are you even using XP

33. Post #593
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    1755 is really unbalanced.

I bought myself the 10 muskets weapons. I then bought 3 of them and filled inventory.

I now can fire off 30 reasonably accurate and damaging shots as fast as I please and reload them all in a minute. (I only have 72 cartridges tho)

Consequently I armed every one of my men with one of each, and many cartridges, put them on horses and in the best uniform possible. America fears the 15 men riding around machine gunning down absolutely every fucking thing in sight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,714 Posts
    online is pretty annoying, you usually die in 2-3 melee hits so it's not that fun if you aren't that good
    Well, it does require some skill. Also, most 2 handed weapons can one shot you.

Edited:

I love the online mode though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Any idea why my friend is having a big lag issue with Warband compared to M&B?

His specs are something like dual core 2. something, 4gb ram and a geforce 8400

He's currently running it in dx7 and it's smooth but as soon as he hits dx9 it's stuttery. Even on lowest settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,184 Posts
    my laptop can run warband

on dx9

on high settings

perfectly fine without any slowing or crashes.

(<~~lol~~>)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,437 Posts
    Any idea why my friend is having a big lag issue with Warband compared to M&B?

His specs are something like dual core 2. something, 4gb ram and a geforce 8400

He's currently running it in dx7 and it's smooth but as soon as he hits dx9 it's stuttery. Even on lowest settings.
    I remember there was something like that, you fixed it by checking/unchecking something in the launcher. Not very helpful, but I don't know more really :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,135 Posts
    my laptop can run warband

on dx9

on high settings

perfectly fine without any slowing or crashes.

(<~~lol~~>)
    Well, that's super. I'll be sure to pass along the message
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    1755 is really unbalanced.

I bought myself the 10 muskets weapons. I then bought 3 of them and filled inventory.

I now can fire off 30 reasonably accurate and damaging shots as fast as I please and reload them all in a minute. (I only have 72 cartridges tho)

Consequently I armed every one of my men with one of each, and many cartridges, put them on horses and in the best uniform possible. America fears the 15 men riding around machine gunning down absolutely every fucking thing in sight.

Just wait till you get cannons.

40. Post #600
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I remember there was something like that, you fixed it by checking/unchecking something in the launcher. Not very helpful, but I don't know more really :smith:
    I have looked around the interwebs but those suggestions didn't work. Was just hoping to fix it so he doesn't have to suffer looking at dx smudge - i mean seven
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events