1. Post #281
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Eh? From what I've read, Blood and Sword completely fucks up any sense of balance, gives everyone 1000 troop armies, and 100,000 denars from day one. PoP gives a new map, new factions, new weapons, new armor, new AI system, new unique minor facton system, deeper Kingdom management, and a helluvalot more than BaS.
    From what you've heard.

Theres no balance in Native, and B&S *is* balanced. It gives 300 troop armies, BUT, you can easily build up your own army if you have the right background. The economy is revamped, and a suit of plate armour costs 11,000 denars. The Barbarian background starts with 0 denars, a good sword and very good stats.

Pop gives a bland map, uninteresting factions, badly textured armour, a very overpowered sprinkle of somewhat invincible deathknights everywhere you go, which are faster than you, the Kingdom management is a laugh because it takes 300 hours to get that stage. Ive got 242 hours clocked for 5-6 months.

For the first 70 days, i was stuck with 80 militia that i had no hope in hell of upgrading and sustaining, and i was constantly raped by the minor parties.
    The only way i could defeat the ridiclous knight parties of 5 was by couch lancing all of them, which was unreliable.

Why? because 5 knights could smash through 80 militia and 5 barclays footmen as if they were fighting wooden dummies.
    I was on day 80 in POP and i didn't have a single unit recruited from a village with decent armour. In b&s, it takes 30 seconds, AND there are troop trees for ranged, melee and calvary which are randomly selected when you try to recruit.
    So if i go to a village and look for recruits, i could get an offer of
    5-10 calvary for a high price
    7-15 infantry for a medium price
    Or 10-20 ranged for dirt cheap prices.

/rant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,452 Posts
    PoP = challenging
    BaS = boring, you can get everything at day 5, not challenging at all, I expected a change from native but just got a more boring native mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    Are you talking about blood and steel?
    personally i hate the native challenge of grinding your character and armor until you can actually do shit. Once only, because after that you have to grind a new army.

So any mod that allows you to recruit faster is more fun than native imo. It doesn't mean it gets easier. It takes less time.

It's not like they went town to town just to recruit a couple men in real life while dragging an entire army with them in real life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,032 Posts
    Fast and numerous recruiting is pretty realistic especially if you are a vassal/king of the kingdom. Usually in the middleages the fiefs had some sort of an agreement with the lords and kings to arm and send a decent number of troops gathered from the townsmen to take part in campaigns when the nobleman requested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    So what would you guys recommend then? If floris is just a giant collection of mods, is it good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    So what would you guys recommend then? If floris is just a giant collection of mods, is it good?
    It crashed for me when I tried it, but from the screenshots it seems pretty fun. And yes, it's a BIG clump of mods, skins and whatever.Almost everything is changed in this pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,558 Posts
    God dam it. I tried the trial for this game. And i absolutely fucking loved it. but alas, i can not afford to purchase it at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    Floris is better native. But in the end it's still just native.

9. Post #289
    So floris doesn't change the behavior the game, it's the same map, same characters etc? Is there a new map mod that I can use as well. I just am interested in a new experience without the unreasonable grind of before.

The new floris 2.3 seems pretty sweet, I think I'll do that.

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,744 Posts
    The Sarranid Sultanate just tried to retake a castle from me, it was a massacre. I lost around 110 troops and they lost like 850.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #291
    So is it possible to find a new world map to import into floris when it finishes?

12. Post #292
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    This is what I saw after conquering reyvadin with the khergits

:q:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,404 Posts

Khergit scum, you are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    So is it possible to find a new world map to import into floris when it finishes?
    Floris can be applied to mods i think. There's some instructions on the taleworlds forum.
    I don't know how it's done though.

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Can anyone tell me what happened to Profanwolf's WW2 China Battlefield whatever server?

16. Post #296

July 2008
    850 Posts
    Got 8 rechambers in one sequence with another guy in duel. Awesome

17. Post #297

After I took Tulga from the Khergits.

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Damn it I'm literally considering going back to M&B just to play 1866.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299

February 2011
    21 Posts
    After I took Tulga from the Khergits.
    wow, interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete China Show Events

20. Post #300
    Can anyone tell me what happened to Profanwolf's WW2 China Battlefield whatever server?
    Well i MIGHT put it back up soon, with some custom maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Disregard females; Acquire wealth (through looting).

22. Post #302
    wow, interesting.
    I'm simply comparing it to Watermelon, that's all.

23. Post #303
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Can I add stuff to Native using load_module_resource like camels?
    I dont want to use B&S overhaul, just have some more choice of weaponry, clothing etc...
    I have the Musketeer hats from B&S in my Resource folder, Texture in the Texture folder, and load_mod_resource = xenoargh_musketeer_hats_OSP.brf in the .ini
    It shoudl work like that right?

Edited:

Also read my Warband blog.
    http://arkanitesjournal.blogspot.com/

24. Post #304
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Fuck, my M&B saves are all corrupt.
    Any way I can fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

25. Post #305
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    PoP = challenging
    BaS = boring, you can get everything at day 5, not challenging at all, I expected a change from native but just got a more boring native mod.
    POP is the most boring "thing" i have ever played. its even slower than native. Its almost like a bunch of brain-dead retards got together and decided to make something to pass the time. The challenge to POP is absurd, and the only way to beat knights and lords is to:
    1)Waste hundreds of hours of your life (the pros on that game board have around 400 hours)
    2)Grind the shit out of bandits.
    ^We've done this shit before. Noone wants to waste hours to get to a point where they no longer have to rely on 20 man bandit raiding parties to get experience.

BaS isn't challenging? what, were you playing on easy as a condetierre? go back to it and play as a peasant revoloutionary on mommy.

Basically, its one step forward and two steps back.

26. Post #306
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    Now playing BaS. Liking it.

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    I just played (and finished) the demo for Warband.

Wow.

The gameplay is surprisingly fun, and I love the whole 'travel between cities' thing. I was very impressed with the AMOUNT of gameplay you got in the demo too. I mean, 30 days in-game (for me) was about two and a half hours. I haven't even touched the custom battles option yet!
    I can see myself getting slightly addicted to this game if I were to buy it, and I probably will when I find the money.

28. Post #308
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Sword of damocles is out for Warband

Link:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,157972.0.html

Looks quite interesting, from what i can tell its also got the blood&steel style of gameplay, with one person claiming to have a castle by day 5.... (i think he cheated )

Bear in mind its obviously in a test form currently.

29. Post #309

April 2010
    2,417 Posts
    Sword of damocles is out for Warband

Link:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,157972.0.html

Looks quite interesting, from what i can tell its also got the blood&steel style of gameplay, with one person claiming to have a castle by day 5.... (i think he cheated )

Bear in mind its obviously in a test form currently.
    Features List: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,159860.0.html

It looks awesome.

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,481 Posts
    I just want fucking native expanded for warband already

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,934 Posts
    So I started playing Warband for the first time yesterday, got off to a good start but I'm suffering a serious lack of stuff to do. Game's a little too open.

What are good quests or other stuff to do for newcomers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,915 Posts
    So I started playing Warband for the first time yesterday, got off to a good start but I'm suffering a serious lack of stuff to do. Game's a little too open.

Find the leader of the kingdom you are in and start doing tasks for him so you can be a vassal and get your own village.

33. Post #313
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts

Raise an army, go tournament hunting for shedloads of gold, try trading, go pillage caravans from a kingdom that you don't like, loot villages, do quests, buy enterprises in cities and try attacking a lord.

Once you've done that/you've got bored of it try some mods.

Edited:

I tried it just now, its quite fun.

I tried the Kingdom of Aden and Villianese duchy.

The Kingdom of Aden's strengths lie in its calvary, because its archers (even the highest tier) use strongbows and wear tunics, while at the most the high tier infantry wear padded leather. The calvary is very easy to get with just 3 or 4 places into the troop tree (peasant-basic infantry-better infantry- medicore infantry- light calvary).

The Villianese are a bit iffy, because they suffer a lack of any troops wearing heavy armour, they have no calvary but their strength lies in longbow wielding archers. (which look like the rangers from lord of the rings)

The other factions are based on Japan, India, Teutonic order, and medieval Spain.

All in all, right now its worth a go but you don't get to engrossed in it, because its in Beta and its very likely that everyone will need to restart when they release the next version.

34. Post #314
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    Can I have both SoD installed and BaS, switching between them?

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Can I have both SoD installed and BaS, switching between them?
    You can install as many mods as you want

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,439 Posts
    I've been playing cRPG since july, great multiplayer mod, though Something Awful kind of semi took over the NA servers with their LLJK clan.

37. Post #317
    August 2009
    204 Posts

Time to download the "rape lady mod" :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #318
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I go around solo killing gangs of looters with a hunting crossbow from horseback. In other cases I use a military scythe and fuck shit up.

I need to know a good way to make money though.
    Try and become part of a Kingdom's military. Or build up a good gang of soldiers and go around attacking, pillaging, and looting towns. Do this to a Kingdom kind of far away from your base kingdom or just go to one with the smallest army or at war with the most kingdoms. When you pillage a town, you get a shit ton of goods that you can sell at major cities.

39. Post #319
    playdoh
    May 2008
    2,967 Posts
    Where did all the interest go? I might start posting stupid mini-aars to get attention to this shit like I usually do

40. Post #320
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    I'm a bit curious, what does stuff like "renown" means and why is there a skill that gives more battle advantage? What does battle advantage do?

I don't play warband and I don't like that if I go in a battle 200 vs 160 that I must defeat the enemies so many times, is there any way to just put all units in one match that isn't a siege and in siege is it possible to make the all the units spawn at the same time?

I run around with 90 units on pretty easy and sieging Reyjvadin all by myself because only 100 units will spawn (or something like that) and then I will just stand where more units spawn waiting for them to spawn and just instantly kill them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)