1. Post #441
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    I OWN A HONDA ACCORD

Edited:

coupe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    I think you meant to say "Sick K24."
    No I meant to say "Sick PT Cruiser."

3. Post #443
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    I don't see a PT Loser in those pictures

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    i see one in both

5. Post #445
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    My bad, only in the first picture though.

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    nope. second one to.

look between the peoples heads.

7. Post #447
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    Ahh, I see. Anyway, I own a near-stock Accord. Spoiler isn't stock, I put an SRI in and I retrofitted the headlights.

Edited:

I took those pictures at a car meet yesterday.

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Ahh, I see. Anyway, I own a near-stock Accord. Spoiler isn't stock, I put an SRI in and I retrofitted the headlights.

Edited:

I took those pictures at a car meet yesterday.
    I'd rather have your car than the others. Yours probably has the best radio, the best suspension in terms of comfort, it's the safest, and I think the best looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I'd rather have your car than the others. Yours probably has the best radio, the best suspension in terms of comfort, it's the safest, and I think the best looking.
    ...lol. What are you, some kind of nerd?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    ...lol. What are you, some kind of nerd?
    Wouldn't a nerd rather have the Supra? NFS All day.

You're just angry because I made fun of the econobox you drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I'm not angry because you made fun of my econobox, it's nice having people that don't agree with everything you say around here. As long as we stay civil about it.

Also, the Supra is a bona fide tuning machine. Someone who likes cars and would rather drive something that will surprise them any time they want will drive the Supra. Someone who wants to be safe and probably bored to death while driving would want that bone-stock Accord.

Oh, dumbasses who think they can DORIFTU will want the Supra too. But let's not talk about them. They'll probably wind up dead somewhere anyways, from sliding off the side of a cliff or slamming into a pole at 80mph.

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,445 Posts
    Agree + 1.

Supra's are nasty, try picking up your grilfriend in one of those without looking like an asshole. Yes, it may perform brilliantly, but people and movies have used them enough to absolutely destroy their image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #453
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    Some of those guys barely even drive their supras.

Edited:

Someone who wants to be safe and probably bored to death while driving would want that bone-stock Accord.
    Hey, the accord is fun. It's a standard and even though it only has 4 cylinders I have a really good time driving it.

Edited:

And it has an intake! Adds about 2 hp dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Agree + 1.

Supra's are nasty, try picking up your grilfriend in one of those without looking like an asshole. Yes, it may perform brilliantly, but people and movies have used them enough to absolutely destroy their image.
    See, this is a valid argument. I can understand not wanting to look like a douchebag.

There are still other cars I would have over the Accord, but meh. If I had a choice between the Supra and the Accord... Actually, I'd probably go with the Accord myself. Mainly because the resale value is probably better than that of the Supra. It's hard to get rid of an MK4 unless it is super pretty or super ratty, and if it was ratty the Accord would fetch more anyways... -_-

15. Post #455
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    Agree + 1.

Yeah the sole reason any one buys a Supra is to look cool when picking up their girlfriends.

Edited:

See, this is a valid argument. I can understand not wanting to look like a douchebag.

There are still other cars I would have over the Accord, but meh. If I had a choice between the Supra and the Accord... Actually, I'd probably go with the Accord myself. Mainly because the resale value is probably better than that of the Supra. It's hard to get rid of an MK4 unless it is super pretty or super ratty, and if it was ratty the Accord would fetch more anyways... -_-
    If you're looking for resale values then you aren't really a car enthusiast. My neighbor came over when I was installing my turbo and asked what the point of all of that was since I wasn't going to be getting any money back out of it when I tried to sell it. I don't plan to sell my car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #456
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I just hate the bodykits people put on Supras.

stock4lyfe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    Actually, I'd probably go with the Accord myself. Mainly because the resale value is probably better than that of the Supra. It's hard to get rid of an MK4 unless it is super pretty or super ratty, and if it was ratty the Accord would fetch more anyways... -_-
    what the fuck

how much does a 90's accord go for right now? like $6000 or something maybe? Now what about a 90's supra? $25,000.

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    That isn't a '90s Accord. >_> I wouldn't own a '90s Accord. I'm not stupid and they are ass ugly.

Edited:

If you're looking for resale values then you aren't really a car enthusiast. My neighbor came over when I was installing my turbo and asked what the point of all of that was since I wasn't going to be getting any money back out of it when I tried to sell it. I don't plan to sell my car.
    I agree with this. When I turbo'd my CRX I didn't plan on getting anything out of that. Turns out I didn't because I traded down to get my hatch back. Oh well, I'm happy at least.

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    what im saying is, the resale value isn't worth it.

the supra has a higher resale value than any accord

20. Post #460
    November 2008
    161 Posts

+1

Supras go quick. I saw a MK3 the other day for sale and the next day it was gone...

And I would pick a supra over an accord any day, until I have a family of course.

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,310 Posts
    2000 Ford Explorer. Isn't that cool but I'm proud of it.

ohio license plate?

where are you from, mon ami?

22. Post #462
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

How many average people would be looking for a Supra? :/

Blah, hands down, I'm a ricefag so I'd have anything fast, Japanese and good looking.

....preferably a girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I'd rather be comfortable than have a fast car. You'd just speed speeding to the next red light, you aren't getting anywhere faster. And EVERY car would be fun on the track.

24. Post #464
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    I wouldn't doubt you would be comfortable in a supra. You don't have to speed between every light, it's just nice to have that power at your fingertips (or toetips i guess) when you need (or want) it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,310 Posts

I drive this swag wagon every day, it's an absolute tank. 13 MPG, 270 horsepower, AWD. Absolute monster in the snow. I love racing kids in Honda Civics and blowing them away off the line, it's quick as a rabbit, but takes 14 decades to turn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    ohio license plate?

where are you from, mon ami?
    Reppin in Cincy my man

27. Post #467
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I'd rather be comfortable than have a fast car. You'd just speed speeding to the next red light, you aren't getting anywhere faster. And EVERY car would be fun on the track.
    Ok so I disagree 100%. I own a 2008 Mazda 3 hatch. The suspension is stiff, the tires are thin, and the seats are hard. I'm not particularly comfortable sitting in my car, but damn I wouldn't change it for the world. When I want to push it a bit, the car goes. It grips the road and then some. I don't have to be speeding to be enjoying driving. It's the fact that I am driving a car that's sportier that I enjoy. It's the mindset of the driver.

I enjoy driving, so I'd rather have a car that's fun to drive than comfortable to sit in. Today I went out and drove 100 miles on back roads. I wouldn't be particularly up to doing that if I was driving some long and heavy sedan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,310 Posts
    Reppin in Cincy my man
    holla holla get that ohio bicentennial plate flow

reppin dat big 614 c-bus area ~awwyeah~

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,445 Posts

And don't get me wrong here, showing up at any social meeting with a flashy sports car is a bit moronic.

I mean, try explaining your Lamborghini to your wife's parents. That's why i always said, keep your love of cars to yourself and your friends.

Edited:

Different people, different tastes.

Generally, car lovers buy their cars for the few moments of gigantic pleasure you can get, not for everyday driving comfort. I for instance drive a Fiat Grande Punto (not exactly a hot ride) and in the country i live in it's a pain in the ass to live with, since the roads are in poor condition and the suspension is quite stiff, plus it's hard and expensive to service it, but the few times I've made a mountain pass or a winding country road in it the experience has been fantastic, i love the little thing, even though the engine sucks balls the handling makes up for it big time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I mean, try explaining your Lamborghini to your wife's parents. That's why i always said, keep your love of cars to yourself and your friends.
    "Hey father-in-law, mother-in-law. I make a shit ton of money and I'm married to your daughter."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #471
    November 2008
    2,081 Posts
    I have a shitload of cool cars but I'll talk about the least mentioned.

I have a 1983 Dodge Rampage. The particular version is a direct connect model, which was only made 284 times if I recall correctly. It has a standard transmission making it 1 of 10 remaining (estimate).

It used to belong to my great grandfather Ronhagan, who was grandmaster gearhead when it came to engines. I'm guessing he bought it from the dealership new. This particular one is red with black interior, it also has every possible sport addition on it exept for the rear box cover.

It is powered by a Chrysler 2.2 I-4 with a aluminum cylinder head and should push around 100hp stock. This car is very light due to its compact design but is still very tough. The engine starts up like new, even after siting for god knows how long in a field (10+ years). It seems very fast, I've been in a 2000 Camaro with a I-6 with twice the power as this car put it has nowhere as close to the pull of this car. I asume he has done some work to the car because alot of the things don't look 100% stock.

The car is very rusty, I can't put it anyway elce. Anything under the door of the car has rust, above that its rust free. I plan to do some minimal work to it. Maybe fix the floors, take apart the rear axle and part of the engine.

It was considered sporty for the time, its nowhere near the kind of car I like (old mopars, different story though) but I find a odd draw to it, I can't explain it, something you have to find out for yourself.

I'll get pictures of it as I work on it but here's a similar image.

It has a big black 2.2 sticker on the hood though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #472
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    :fh: Rampages are awesome.

Although a little piece of me has always wanted that generation of Charger platform to be RWD.

...Didn't stop me from owning 3 of them.

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,620 Posts
    I have an '86 Cutlass Supreme.

Here's a vid walking around it and showing off the exhaust. 307 v8 engine.

Her name is Julie, like Julie London.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    June 2007
    123 Posts
    What's with all the shocker signs everywhere? Just looks completely dumb slapped on the fender of an f-150 or a civic, imo.

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    Come on man, the only good cutlasses are 69-72.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

36. Post #476
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Come on man, the only good cutlasses are 69-72.
    Come on, the Metric ones may not be great but don't shit on the 73-77, those things were a hoss.

Despite me being a total import guy now, my first car was a '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, with the Brougham package, half vynil top and all. It was the 350 rocket with a 3-speed auto on the column, cream in color and tan interior.

She was a big sled but a clean one, all original with like 58,000 miles on it. When you started it up you could sit there and feel the rumble of the V8...

I do miss having a V8 car. Only for the awesome sound and the torque. Don't want the gas prices at all. yuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,620 Posts
    Oh come on, show my '86 some love too. :(

38. Post #478
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    I absolutely love that Cutlass's grille. It's different, but subtle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #479
    Hidden Super Mod
    February 2005
    955 Posts

And for the curious, thats my brothers Dodge Magnum in the background there,

I have an '86 Cutlass Supreme.

Here's a vid walking around it and showing off the exhaust. 307 v8 engine.

Her name is Julie, like Julie London.
    What part of PA you live in? Westmoreland County here :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,362 Posts
    And for the curious, thats my brothers Dodge Magnum in the background there,

That's one of the only wagons I would own.