1. Post #721
    November 2008
    2,022 Posts
    2k from insurance is more than enough to fix the front clip. Judging from what your giving me it shouldn't have been too bad if it was still driveable, but still, If you sold it for a grand it couldn't have been anything impressive in the first place.

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,016 Posts
    2k from insurance is more than enough to fix the front clip. Judging from what your giving me it shouldn't have been too bad if it was still driveable, but still, If you sold it for a grand it couldn't have been anything impressive in the first place.
    Got 2k because they couldn't find the parts

Edited:

I needed a grill, left fender with everything, and door

3. Post #723
    November 2008
    2,022 Posts
    What did you hit/wreck it on?

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,282 Posts
    My parents just bought a 2006 Impala SS and I'm loving it. It's probably the fastest sedan I'll ever sit in. Does a quarter-mile in 14.5s and 0-60 in 5.6s. Yet, its surprisingly it gets average 23MPG with a 303hp V8.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    A guy at work has a Late 60's, early 70's Impala SS. Tis swet.

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    My parents just bought a 2006 Impala SS and I'm loving it. It's probably the fastest sedan I'll ever sit in. Does a quarter-mile in 14.5s and 0-60 in 5.6s. Yet, its surprisingly it gets average 23MPG with a 303hp V8.

That worries me, how much torque is it pulling out of that V8? I hope a lot. Hyundai/Kia is getting 275 from a four cylinder with 269 LB-Ft of torque.

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    it's an american v8 brosef, efficiency is not its main concern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,016 Posts
    What did you hit/wreck it on?
    Lost control in the rain/hit a parked car

then somebody hit me in the drivers door

9. Post #729
    October 2009
    5,099 Posts
    but its

an 06 impala how is this
    hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Edited:

dude make a body kit to make it look like a 1970 impala

:fh:

10. Post #730
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Rocking my 95 BMW e36 here... Upgrading to an M3 when I can drive a much more powerful car once I'm off my provisional license.

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts
    again not my car but I took the photo

buggg by Angus R Christie, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,312 Posts
    I just now figured out there was an automotive forum on here, awesome!

Anyways, here's my DD

and here's my land yacht project car, it's a 1970 Chevy Biscayne with a 350 (5.7L) V8, it was my uncle's first car and now we're joint-ly fixing it up and restoring it to original condition

It's a work in progress, here's the largest rust spot I have to fix ^^^

The interior is in shockingly good condition, that rug-like material you see is a cover, and under that are the original leather bench seats in perfect condition

Best speedometer ever right here ^^^

Well that's me, feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,965 Posts
    Now that is a proper car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    October 2009
    5,099 Posts
    i rike those speedometers too, the el camino i looked at had one

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    yeah, my old Cutlass Supreme had one. Badass speedo.

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,282 Posts
    That worries me, how much torque is it pulling out of that V8? I hope a lot. Hyundai/Kia is getting 275 from a four cylinder with 269 LB-Ft of torque.
    320 lb/ft of torque I think. What kind of hyundai/kia do you have?

17. Post #737
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    Probably a Turbo 4.

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Can't afford a new car. My car is pulling MAYBE 110 from a 2.0 I4.

Edited:

But yeah, I was talking about the Turbo 4 in the Sonata and Optima. It's in some of their crossovers too, but it has less HP and more torque.

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,016 Posts
    i rike those speedometers too, the el camino i looked at had one
    My old galaxie had one also. (1965)

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,282 Posts
    Can't afford a new car. My car is pulling MAYBE 110 from a 2.0 I4.

Edited:

But yeah, I was talking about the Turbo 4 in the Sonata and Optima. It's in some of their crossovers too, but it has less HP and more torque.
    Well, for one, you're comparing a brand-new car, to a car that is 5 years old. They have much different technology. For instance, GM is now producing a 3.8L v6 that can pull the same amount of HP as the V8 in the Impala SS I spoke of earlier. Now that that's aside, you can't just blindly look at horsepower and torque. Ideally, the higher the torque, the better your car is for gearing. I won't go into details, but basically your 2.0 turbo will start to lose power at 1750 RPM while my Impala is still going strong up to 5000RPM.

Edited:

Also should note, that I'm sure if I slapped on a Turbocharger, I would gain much more horsepower and torque to the V8. As my pops always says, "There's no replacement for displacement"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    replacement for displacement = 2JZ-GTE

let me know when you get 500hp/liter out of a streetable v8

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,282 Posts
    If you're pulling 500hp/liter, then you must have a super car because that's 1500 horsepower for 3 liters. That's more horsepower than a Bugatti Veyron, I'd rewrite your post.

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    id leave automotive discussion because apparently you dont know what you're talking about

there are stock bottom end supras running 1000whp on the street. have titan motorsports put together one of their 3.4 stroker engines, and have 1400whp.

there are ones that run even crazier amount that are still sometimes driving on the street

Edited:

and thats all street cars. Mazworx of Orlando, FL has an Silvia S15 drag car thats pulling 1400whp out of 2.2L SR20DET with a VE head revving to 11K
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,282 Posts
    I looked up the motor you're talking about, it said nothing about even coming close to 500 hp stock. If you're talking about heavy modifications to the motor, then you're at an unfair advantage to a stock Impala. If you want to talk fastest street car, I wouldn't put in a stock Impala SS with just a bare V8. Also, it doesn't take much to be a street legal car.

Edited:

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue about.

25. Post #745
    June 2010
    2,726 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,965 Posts
    my first... vehicle:

I've been going off road all my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    December 2009
    52 Posts
    Im not entirely sure how to post pics from an Iphone so I guess I'll just explain my ride:

The car i have is a 1990 bmw m5 series 525i, its red, has nice 18" rims, in amazing condition and I only paid $3500 for it and its my first car

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    I've got a shit android phone that automatically uploads pictures to photobucket.

I kinda like older Bmws. Maybe someday I'll get one.

29. Post #749
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,502 Posts
    Here's my dad's vintage 1985 El Camino SS that's been sitting in my grandma's garage since my grandpa died.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #751
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,259 Posts
    Just bought this today for 1,100, and yes, this is the only picture so far...

I present my 1982 Land Rover Series 3 88...

Most of it is surface rust and the guy is going to M.o.T it for me (Replacing all the lights,replacing a side glass panel driver side, replacing offside fender and giving me some off-road tires and rims :D)

For the guys that don't know what a M.o.T is outside of the UK, its basically a test they do each year to make sure its road worthy...

Hopefully this is going to be my project for the next few years or so, i may do a thread on it if i think its worthy enough (doing the restoration that is...)

I thought i would put this in the "Cool cars" thread to be "funny"
    Got some more pictures of it when i went around on Saturday, the guy has done nothing to it, im starting to get annoyed...

Yeah, i know, it looks like shit, but once im done with it, its going to look fantastic...

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts

neh

fucking birds

Edited:

whomp

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    Mmm that car sure looks hawt with it's shirt off.

Edited:

Here's my dad's vintage 1985 El Camino SS that's been sitting in my grandma's garage since my grandpa died.

May be an 80's Camino, but it's still awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    October 2009
    5,099 Posts

neh

fucking birds

Edited:

whomp
    keep it like that holy shit lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts

36. Post #756
    August 2009
    1,214 Posts
    your lawn is going to have some brown marks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    is that your dad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Edberg's dad on the skateboard, chill as fuck. Who is that though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    519 Posts
    A friend of ours.

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,454 Posts
    Your STI gives me a boner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)