1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts
    OK listen up, don't buy airsoft guns online.

Unless this does not apply to you.

I want you all to run a search in your area for military surplus stores, most of the time these fellas will have like 2 or 3 airsoft catalogs sitting behind the counter somewhere.

If they do, you're in some awesome luck. Not only are these guns usually half the price of their online doubles, but they also come with FREE SHIPPING!!1!

My local surplus store (owned by a man that looks like the bearded guy from MOH) has a 1:1 scale full metal gearbox Thompson Typewriter with real wooden stock and grip that gets 460 FPS for 190$. You can find these all around the internet, but noting under 230 bucks, even this one was originally priced outrageously high: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/CYBE...typewriter.htm

So would you rather pay the price of the bearded merchant who offers you the finest in metal gun replica?
    Or the highway robbery that is... INTERNET AIRSOFT PURCHASES WITH THE FUCKING HIGH GROUND SHIPPING RATES!

So please just do yourself a favor and browse through your options before you finalize on that 230$ gun with the 60$ shipping will ya?

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my little re-co-man-dation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,162 Posts
    And I work in a storefront airsoft store :smug:

Keep supporting us really! It gives me a job. And helps me to live in this world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    A: That thompson isn't really 460 FPS
    B: Why is this even a thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,955 Posts
    Actually, random comment but buying from an airsoft retailer store will allow you to test fire your gun on the spot if you wish; something you can't really do online (I believe most stores will allow you to test fire if they have a range or a seperate area to shoot your gun)

Also going to fields and asking around for guns people would like to sell is also a plus

But be aware used guns may always have a catch to them but at least it's more reassuring when you're talking to the seller in person

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    460 FPS? That's a fuckton too many for the guys around here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts
    460 FPS? That's a fuckton too many for the guys around here.
    Blah blah 460 fps blah blah

I know you guys are 600 fps hardcore man.

It was an example.

Nothing intended by it.

Edited:

A: That thompson isn't really 460 FPS
    B: Why is this even a thread?
    They advertised it at 500.
    I brought it down to 460.
    I'm not an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    But why did you feel the need to make this a thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,162 Posts
    What? Now since you don't seem to know anything, get out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    But why did you feel the need to make this a thread?
    He's telling us to support our local retailers rather than buy from online stores.

Which I agree wholeheartedly with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,373 Posts
    What? Now since you don't seem to know anything, get out.
    Nevermind, this thread was mainly for the noobs anyhow.

I'll just be heading off then, my work here is done.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,162 Posts
    He's telling us to support our local retailers rather than buy from online stores.

Yep, as said, it helps me, and fellows in-store gunsmiths and sellers to keep their job.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Most of my guns are stock actually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    I agree with supporting local guys, but I don't see why this needs to be a whole new thread. This would have been way better placed in the chat thread or something.

Edited:

I mean, don't get me wrong supporting small local shops is great and is a good way to help them get more selection.

14. Post #14
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,955 Posts

Yeah, but op's content and argument feels rather weak

If he made the thread title somewhat different like, "The benifits of buying guns at a retail store" and provided us with carefully thought out ideas, research, and facts it probably would've been more threadworthy

Other than that op's statement feels like a comment outta chat thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts

I'll agree with it, simply because I live within driving distance of both Evike and ASGI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    There's an AEX like an hour away from me, and a surplus store that's about 30 minutes away. The surplus store has a big array of handguns and a few AEGs. They also have shitloads of tac gear.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,162 Posts
    Most of my guns are stock actually
    Am I the only one that doesn't like to have stock guns? :(

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,508 Posts
    Since when was shipping $60? Last $250 gun I bought (m4) was like $8 shipping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts

We hope you enjoyed your stay.

20. Post #20
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    tl;dr of thread: support local retailers but don't do what this guy is doing right now

Edited:

aka making me think he's dumb

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    619 Posts
    all we have for airsoft in person around here is Army Navy, and they overprice SHITTY guns. I saw a clearsoft crossman stinger spray-painted black for 40 bucks! I will ask if he has catalogs though, thanks for the idea.

22. Post #22
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    tell him to get real airsoft guns in stock

23. Post #23
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,933 Posts
    I have no airsoft stores within hours of me, closest one is in the next state somewhere. My Surplus store doesn't offer to buy airsoft guns for me. So I'll keep ordering from ASGI.

But I couldn't help but notice you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited:

Since when was shipping $60? Last $250 gun I bought (m4) was like $8 shipping.
    Whenever I order guns I always get free shipping and 10% off. I even have enough points saved for another $30 discount.

Edited:

Because we're obviously the noobs here with our shitty 300FPS guns we're buying from online scam artists from Nigeria.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,508 Posts
    While I love supporting local businesses, and if there was an airsoft store that wasn't an hour away from me maybe I'd show there, I'm not gonna stop shopping online.

I'm pretty sure 90% of airsoft purchases are made, online.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,162 Posts
    While I love supporting local businesses, and if there was an airsoft store that wasn't an hour away from me maybe I'd show there, I'm not gonna stop shopping online.

I'm pretty sure 90% of airsoft purchases are made, online.
    They were here until the shop I work at begin to sell airsoft stuff, now we're leading probably Québec-wide.

26. Post #26
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    416 Posts
    no fuck you, I love buying shit online

28. Post #28
    December 2009
    13,296 Posts
    That Thompson is only like 400 FPS at the most, Cybergun lies through their teeth to get about this shit to get retards to buy their garbage.

Also the closest airsoft stores to me are a two and a half hour drive and all retailers in Canada have the same limited selection anyway so you pretty much have to buy online here to get different stuff.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,619 Posts
    Actually, the Cyma/"Cybergun" Thompson does shoot 467 FPS. If you're using .12s, which they package them with in the hopes you'll break it and, being the play-in-the-street kiddie you probably were who got it from Big 5, will know nothing of airsmiths, specialized shops, or even a local "community" of airsofters who could help fix it and and instead will simply jack mommy's credit card for the next double-markup Dick's-marketed LPEG.

I've read that company's history. They're just evil.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    My ICS 74M box has a Cybergun logo on it :frown:

31. Post #31
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    its ics

Edited:

deep inside (the box)

32. Post #32
    December 2009
    13,296 Posts
    Therefore adding another $40 or so onto the already high Canadian price.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,619 Posts
    They sued people for stocking ICS AKs that weren't their brand. Similar to the Glock lawsuit's reasoning.

How do you figure the logo got there? Any Cybergun product I've ever seen or handled only had licensed trademarks from real firearm companies.

Therefore adding another $40 or so onto the already high Canadian price.
    Nobody even notices the trades half the time. I've wondered why anyone really cares, because it only looks good in photos (except Kimber markings on a pistol slide, which have huge and distinctive letters). The price hike due to licensing is just...unnecessary.

34. Post #34
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    but wait it has official glock logos its obviously better shooting!

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    How do you figure the logo got there? Any Cybergun product I've ever seen or handled only had licensed trademarks from real firearm companies.
    Yeah I know that. It just looks retarded thats all. It's right below the picture of Mr. Kalashnikov himself.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,520 Posts
    whats the big deal with cybergun? this shady airsoft dealer said that they were the "good guys" (lol) defending their trademarks against other people, and that echo 1 and magpul were "the bad guys"

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,508 Posts
    I've been to a couple military surplus store throughout the U.S. near military bases. I have never seen airsoft anything in a surplus store, I know a lot do but I haven't seen it.

38. Post #38
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,654 Posts
    I didn't know who you were until I red your name, I thought you were a new person b.c of your avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,520 Posts
    me too

40. Post #40
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts