- Temporary until Nige makes us a new one~
This is the way it is with the Zone: if you come back with swag - it's a miracle; if you come back alive - it's a success; if the patrol bullets miss you - it's a stroke of luck. And as for anything else - that's fate.
-Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky
Welcome to the zone. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series is made up of three games as of now, Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat. Each game has its own set of unique experiences and features, and each game has a new twist upon the life of a Stalker.
The game series is based off of the Chernobyl Nuclear catastrophe, with it's own fictional additions. The zone is an irradiated hell hole that was formed after the second explosion at the powerplant, it's filled with anomalies and known to be home to deadly mutants. The zone is populated by scavengers nicknamed S.T.A.L.K.E.R's, which stands for "Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber". There are also various other factions of stalkers which may be friendly, neutral, or hostile.
This is just a quick overview, for in depth information I recommend to go to the STALKER websites listed below. The Wiki is a bonus that holds extra information but does give away several spoilers.
- Good hunting S.T.A.L.K.E.R!
[release]Facepunch S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Artists
- Epic comics made by Crisis! :D
Crisis's Art Compilation
Facepunch STALKERS '09
- Comic artist that draws comics that we all can relate to!
Raiskauskone's Comic Thread
Raiskauskone's Comic Thread
- Yeah what the banner says!
Facepunch Stalker Bros 2011 (Uncolored)[/release]
[release]Facepunch S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Modders
- One of our own and creator of some awesome must-have addons!
Optimised Shaders for SoC, CS, and CoP
Clear Sky Shaders!
Kingo's Patched EXEs to increase maximum RAM usage
- Another one of our own and creator of the infamous Call of Pripyat: Redux mod!
Call of Pripyat: Redux
Beacon's Basic CoP Modding Guide
Beacon's Guide to using the Call of Pripyat SDK
[release]Facepunch S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Writers
- Here you can read stories by our all time favorite and somewhat creepy storytelling stalker, Paravin.
Honestly these aren't even safe for viewing outside of work, you have been warned.
Paravin's Stories *ARCHIVED*[/release]
Zone Survival Guides
- These are extremely helpful for anyone that might need some assistance or advice for playing the games listed below, if these don't help just ask one of us in the thread!
Call Of Pripyat
Shadow Of Chernobyl
- Here is the repository. It contains links to a respectable sum of mods but not all of them, so please PM me links to more! Also this website is for other goodies as well, which will be added later on.
- Hispano Patcher is used to downgrade your version of the game to play mods that only work on earlier patches!
Call of Pripyat SDK
- This is a super-speedy link to the Call of Pripyat official Software Development Kit, courtesy of Glitch360's dropbox![/release]
Trip to the zone
JoeSibilant's Artifacts from the Zone. He went to Chernobyl, and knowing that most of us can't go there this is as close to the zone you'll ever get! Check it out!
Trip to the Zone - Current
Trip to the Zone *ARCHIVED*
:siren:S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bros 2011 by Matrok (Viper202):siren:
RIGHT HERE, THAT'S RIGHT!