1. Post #161
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    It didn't really make a lot of noise for how quick it was rolling out. Sounded good though.

2. Post #162
    April 2009
    499 Posts
    Like posted before, audi quattro s2/s1

and this one ,'red devil golf mk3'
    VR6 turbo ftw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    July 2008
    5 Posts
    Sounds so sexy I almost get a boner!
    http://www.garaget.org/video/8a0iiowkircr

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,254 Posts

5. Post #165
    April 2007
    85 Posts
    skip to 1:23

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    April 2007
    85 Posts
    Like posted before, audi quattro s2/s1

and this one ,'red devil golf mk3'
    VR6 turbo ftw
    i didn't expect that at :48... spools right up and that motherfucker was gone

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    i didn't expect that at :48... spools right up and that motherfucker was gone
    That wasnt the golf accelerating, it was the porsche braking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    This sounds really good for a stock engine on an SUV

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    but its not stock...

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    but its not stock...
    The engine is. And I said stock engine.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    But the engine itself makes like no difference in sound.

Edited:

and the exhaust is part of the engine

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts

Edited:

The engine has the explosions, belts, and basically everything that makes the sound. The exhaust pipes just point it in one direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The exhaust system totally makes the sound of the car. For instance, my friend's civic had a nice hefty cat and a deep resonator and sounded great, deep, not raspy AT ALL with no high pitch tone. His CRX was a straight pipe and cat and even now that it has a muffler on it is still more raspy.

My civic has header-back 2 1/4" with a high flow cat and no muffler, WAY too fucking loud and almost too raspy. The entire tone will change next week when I redo the exhaust.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    The exhaust system totally makes the sound of the car. For instance, my friend's civic had a nice hefty cat and a deep resonator and sounded great, deep, not raspy AT ALL with no high pitch tone. His CRX was a straight pipe and cat and even now that it has a muffler on it is still more raspy.

My civic has header-back 2 1/4" with a high flow cat and no muffler, WAY too fucking loud and almost too raspy. The entire tone will change next week when I redo the exhaust.
    The sound wouldn't be there without the engine itself. That's what I'm saying. You can put exhaust pipes coming out of an electric car, it wouldn't be a deep rumble, it would probably sound like wind and a whining noise, making a megaphone effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The sound wouldn't be there without the engine itself. That's what I'm saying. You can put exhaust pipes coming out of an electric car, it wouldn't be a deep rumble, it would probably sound like wind and a whining noise, making a megaphone effect.
    No, you can't.

Good try though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    736 Posts
    The engine has the explosions, belts, and basically everything that makes the sound. The exhaust pipes just point it in one direction.
    What.

So a muffler is just a metal can that causes the engine to quiet its cylinders when its clamped on?

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    anything that causes an engine to lose or gain horsepower makes it not stock.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    No, you can't.

Good try though.
    You have exhaust pipes on a house, why not an electric car? Maybe some people like how they look for some reason and want one while not being economical.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Yes but your house's "exhaust pipes" are relieving heat from the roof/attic area of the house, so that it doesn't gain too much pressure and damage the structure. An electric engine doesn't have exhaust. Period. Some have vents so that the engine can cool, but that's different, and you can't put pipes on that.

I don't really know if you understand how exhaust works...

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    You have exhaust pipes on a house, why not an electric car? Maybe some people like how they look for some reason and want one while not being economical.
    ahahahah what in the actual fuck are you blabbering about?

houses with exhaust pipes, riced out prii, engines with flowmasters are stock?

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    He's talking about the venting systems on houses with attics. I was just trying to make him understand. He doesn't get the concept of exhaust, I don't think.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    yeah but still, what the fuck is he talking about

24. Post #184
    August 2008
    936 Posts
    An M3 with no muffler is pretty nice

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    August 2008
    936 Posts
    snip, double post.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    yeah but still, what the fuck is he talking about
    I..... Don't know. That's what I was trying to figure out. Sigh. Some people...

27. Post #187
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    i aint got a youtube but when i was like 7 i was 4wheeling with my dad and his muffler fell off his F-250

then he ran it over and said "hey look some guy lost his muffler, ha ha"

then he accelerated and went "Aw sheit"

to clarify, i posted this because his truck then sounded boss for like 1 year until he fixed it

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    i aint got a youtube but when i was like 7 i was 4wheeling with my dad and his muffler fell off his F-250

then he ran it over and said "hey look some guy lost his muffler, ha ha"

then he accelerated and went "Aw sheit"
    and then mah paw shawt mah dawg

29. Post #189
    October 2008
    1,323 Posts
    This sounds really good for a stock engine on an SUV

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LAbJQhs4PiA

You should hear the diesel ones :)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    You should hear the diesel ones :)
    stock engine bro

lmao

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Yes but your house's "exhaust pipes" are relieving heat from the roof/attic area of the house, so that it doesn't gain too much pressure and damage the structure. An electric engine doesn't have exhaust. Period. Some have vents so that the engine can cool, but that's different, and you can't put pipes on that.

I don't really know if you understand how exhaust works...
    No, people are saying that the exhaust makes all the noise. There would be no noise if there was no engine. Houses don't have engines, but they still have a form of exhaust, and no noise comes from it.
    An engine will run without exhaust pipes, but it may damage something within the bay itself from the hot gasses.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    how the fuck does that have anything to do with your original, wrong, statement?

let me put it this way, if the engine is what made a certain sound, it wouldn't matter if the exhaust was iron or titanium, 1/2" or 5", there or not.

engines make noise, but they are not solely responsible for the sound.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    how the fuck does that have anything to do with your original, wrong, statement?

let me put it this way, if the engine is what made a certain sound, it wouldn't matter if the exhaust was iron or titanium, 1/2" or 5", there or not.

engines make noise, but they are not solely responsible for the sound.
    What I'm saying is that all the exhaust pipes do, besides moving it away from the plastics and stuff and muffle it, they can only change the pitch.

Edited:

The engine itself makes all the difference. You can't get a Civic to sound like an RS6 with an exhaust mod.
    An exhaust itself makes no noise. It's gas.

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    The engine itself makes all the difference. You can't get a Civic to sound like an RS6 with an exhaust mod.
    An exhaust itself makes no noise. It's gas.
    No, maybe not, but you can get it to sound like a WRX.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    VROOM VROOM

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    What I'm saying is that all the exhaust pipes do, besides moving it away from the plastics and stuff and muffle it, they can only change the pitch.
    Don't google the term backpressure, because you may find things like Helmholtz resonance, and the Kadenacy effect which would hurt your brain.

Cause there's no difference between car exhausts and house exhausts right?

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Lemon, he's a lost cause. :|

38. Post #198
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    Eh no matter what you do, a Civic will always sound like a Civic and a WRX will always sound like a WRX. That vid, it sounded good until he went WOT, then it went back to sounding like a Civic.

And generally in my way of thinking, the amount of liters a car has is the biggest factor of how it will sound. That's why 2.0L turbo DSM's and 2.0L turbo MR2's sound almost exactly the same even though MR2's are mid-engine with funky exhaust setups.

39. Post #199
    October 2008
    1,323 Posts
    stock engine bro

lmao
    What do you mean stock engine? It's a Cummins, Excursions are Ford.

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Don't google the term backpressure, because you may find things like Helmholtz resonance, and the Kadenacy effect which would hurt your brain.

Cause there's no difference between car exhausts and house exhausts right?
    I'm not saying there is no difference. You are are basically saying that the exhaust pipes on a car makes all the difference in noise. Unscrew them and place them on the ground, turn on the car. No noise coming from those pipes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)