1. Post #2201
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    Ok, This sucks. Where's the good part out of it?
    I mean I pay 750CE, might get a key and? Get raped by skeletons?
    One of these levels make me earn enough to cover 750CE? It's unlikely.

What the fuck, ThreeRings.

2. Post #2202
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    These are going to be the new sets, only craftable through materials only obtainable in shadow lairs.

Still, three rings made part of the game which I will never see..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #2203
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    lol fuck you spiral knights devs

literally the biggest money grab ever

e: some cheesy bullshit you guys get to deal with if you delve into the ~~~shadow lair~~~ http://i.imgur.com/Yxtwd.jpg
    Yeah, SK has lost just about all it's dignity now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2204
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,433 Posts
    I couldn't care about any of those armors except for the new one in the Wolver line. Whatever the hell that is.

5. Post #2205
    August 2011
    97 Posts
    These are going to be the new sets, only craftable through materials only obtainable in shadow lairs.

why would they do this, of course these are going to be 5 star armor so it will either be run it yourself for the mats or pay out the ass for them

also i only ever went into t3 once, after having to whack away at a gremlin mender while getting swarmed by greavers for ten minutes i decided not to go back, still got out in one piece though

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    Why OOO why you have to be some greed.

7. Post #2207
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts

Sexy.
    Such a dick move by OOO though.

8. Post #2208
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Jesus christ, im never going to see these things or get that awesome barbarous thorn coat. So much for paying 750 ce just to get the MATERIALS (not even the recipe) to craft an item which costs 800 CE. So dumb, i was hoping to fight the curse vanaduke but nope, way too expensive.

9. Post #2209
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Jesus christ, im never going to see these things or get that awesome barbarous thorn coat. So much for paying 750 ce just to get the MATERIALS (not even the recipe) to craft an item which costs 800 CE. So dumb, i was hoping to fight the curse vanaduke but nope, way too expensive.
    You have the materials but need the CE?

10. Post #2210
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    Still couldn't manage to SEE a shadow lair.

11. Post #2211
    May 2009
    522 Posts
    As I expected shadow keys are hideously overpriced and completely ridiculous to get (all the auctions are up for no buyout, since the sellers want bidding wars).

I don't think that a single dungeon is worth cracking a bunch of $2.50 crates over and over again. Especially since you only get to craft ONE of the armors, unless a guildie/friend gives you the other mat he got for some reason.

12. Post #2212
    December 2009
    1,586 Posts

Marvelous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2213
    August 2011
    97 Posts
    i crafted a calibur the other day with ctr vh

it sold for 920.001 crowns, after i shit myself i bought what accessories i wanted and i still have between 700-800k

also is the facepuch guild active, the random one i am in seems to have gone dark, or im on when no one else is

Edit: it was a brandish not a calibur, i havent made any caliburs for a while though i may start producing them again when i run out of mats for brandishes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,771 Posts
    I crafted 2 Brandishes earlier with UV's, it's a shame that they both have high and very high damage towards Beasts.

15. Post #2215
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    I've been in the Shadow Gloaming Wildwoods yesterday, a friend of a friend had a shadow key and somehow I got in that party.

-The party in all it's glory.

Note: Shadow lairs lags as hell. they lag worst then the laggiest moments from FSC or the twins, Stuff was flying offscreen, at the point that sometimes I was seeing one second every 3. And I usually have more than enough framerate.

About the rewards: Not worth it. The rare 5* material didn't drop. Earned around 8k between the three levels.
    Spent around 1200CE in revives. Not kidding. 1200CE in revives.

-The boss battle reward

The "unknown passage" level got us all dead, and the resurrection cost was 1000CE.

In all honesty, it's an energysink and it's not worth it. You can't have fun because of the lag, and you can't earn out of it because of it's difficulty.

16. Post #2216
    October 2011
    72 Posts
    Wow it looks like this game really took off. I played it a bit during beta but haven't played since. Back then there were like 3 people online at a time, one being a mod LOL. Glad to see it was successful.

17. Post #2217
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Wow it looks like this game really took off. I played it a bit during beta but haven't played since. Back then there were like 3 people online at a time, one being a mod LOL. Glad to see it was successful.
    Well, if i'm not mistaken, the number of players in SK is decreasing more and more.

18. Post #2218
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    6,460 Posts
    Yeah it took off during the steam launch, but the novelty started to wear off quick

19. Post #2219
    August 2011
    97 Posts
    the main forum kind of went batshit at the whole shadow key thing

prolly not going to help its longevity

20. Post #2220
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,433 Posts
    the main forum kind of went batshit at the whole shadow key thing

prolly not going to help its longevity
    This is because it was a horrendously stupid idea and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves because of it.

21. Post #2221
    August 2011
    97 Posts
    This is because it was a horrendously stupid idea and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves because of it.
    at least in the mann co crates is nothing your really need

22. Post #2222
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    It's a shame that this game is dying so quickly.
    This game is a good game but they need to fix item levelling, see to it that you get enough crowns to buy around 200 CE per tier dungeon and overall not be greedy.

23. Post #2223
    December 2009
    1,586 Posts

Am I smart or dumb?

If the latter, too high or too low?

Edited:

I got scared and pulled it just in case

24. Post #2224
    August 2011
    97 Posts

Am I smart or dumb?

If the latter, too high or too low?

Edited:

I got scared and pulled it just in case
    when i sell things i put them up for one day, set buy price if it does not have a uv with a starting bid at what ever amount of crowns i used to craft and buy price around less what a npc would charge, if it does have a uv with a starting bid at double the craft price depending on the uv let a bidding war start on items with uvs, the buyer may not like it but in the end we all win

if your wondering im the guy who alway has brandishes up for sale for 500 start and 2.5k buyout

25. Post #2225
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Has the Pumpkin King released yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,424 Posts
    So is this game easy to get into and learn or are people quick to call you a 'noob' and yell at you for doing things wrong/asking stuff?

27. Post #2227
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    So is this game easy to get into and learn or are people quick to call you a 'noob' and yell at you for doing things wrong/asking stuff?
    Easy to get into.
    People don't call you a noob or such, or at least i haven't really experienced that.

28. Post #2228
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    Nothing bad happens, unless you ask for money. The other way around, if something is not clear to you, or you need tips or hints, pretty much everyone will help you.

29. Post #2229
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,414 Posts
    I used to play this, then it started trying to be like tf2.

The CE cost at lower levels, doing enough runs for crowns/mats just got tiring after a while, then they brought out appearance customisation.

You know the one thing I wanted going into spiral knights? It was to look like the cool tall knights you see in the arcade, with their sword on their back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2230
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    I used to play this, then it started trying to be like tf2.

The CE cost at lower levels, doing enough runs for crowns/mats just got tiring after a while, then they brought out appearance customisation.

You know the one thing I wanted going into spiral knights? It was to look like the cool tall knights you see in the arcade, with their sword on their back.
    Azure guardian set and Leviathan blade.
    And now three rings made up their mind, you can buy shadow keys from NCPs, in order to access the new tier-3 exclusive content..

31. Post #2231
    August 2011
    69 Posts
    i play i keep reading "send invite?" but all you do is sign up right anyway ive been waiting for this game release since it was annouced in closed beta i think that was three years ago

32. Post #2232
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    Dayum, Undead High Freezing Atomizer.

33. Post #2233
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    16,953 Posts
    My friend and I started playing this last night. He made his character name "Analsexman," but a mod changed it to "Fluffy-Bunny" after he started soliciting cybersex in Haven.

~Takes off his armor and readies his big boner~

I'll probably cough up for the starter pack, or at least $2.50 for enough CE to enjoy the dungeons for a week or so. I really enjoyed what I got to play of this game. Too bad the daily Energy allotment is only good for an hour or so of dungeon-running, assuming you don't die or need any special services.

Edited:

If you buy an energy pack, do you still earn 100 energy per day? And does the energy you earn cap at a hundred, or if I go three days without playing, will I have earned 300 energy?

34. Post #2234
    February 2008
    407 Posts
    Your Mist energy caps at 100 unfortunately, and you still get it if you bought CE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #2235
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    16,953 Posts
    But, if I'm looking at this "trade" thing right, I could hop on and trade that 100 energy for Crowns, and then when I want that energy back, just buy more for about the same price? If so, that's pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2236
    February 2008
    407 Posts
    You can't trade Mist energy at all.

37. Post #2237
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    Edited:

If you buy an energy pack, do you still earn 100 energy per day? And does the energy you earn cap at a hundred, or if I go three days without playing, will I have earned 300 energy?
    The 100 rechargable energy amount is called Mist energy.
    You can't have more than 100 Mist energy at all.
    Mist Energy recharge itself, 1 every 15 minutes.

The energy you buy with crowns or real money is called Crystal energy.
    Crystal energy price, as in a real value market, is determined by offers to buy and offers to sell.

If you have any other question check the wiki article http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Energy
    Or ask anyone here!

38. Post #2238
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    16,953 Posts
    Ah, I see now. Bummer! I was hoping there was some way to save up that Mist Energy, but I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't allow it to be traded or sold.

39. Post #2239
    February 2010
    7,794 Posts
    On a side note, Red roarmulus twins & shadow ironclaw munitions factory was waaaay easier than the rabid snarbolax & shadow gloaming wildwoods..

Edited:

Ah, I see now. Bummer! I was hoping there was some way to save up that Mist Energy, but I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't allow it to be traded or sold.
    Still, you can buy energy, the "premium" user value, with in-game coins. It's something mmo games would never allow..

40. Post #2240
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    16,953 Posts
    Still, you can buy energy, the "premium" user value, with in-game coins. It's something mmo games would never allow..
    Yup! Cool feature, for sure. I'm probably just gonna buy the $2.50 Energy bundle for now, so I can play around a bit longer to see if I dig the game enough to shell out for a starter pack or a battle pack.