1. Post #201
    get some rims on that shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #202
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    I want some black or silver RPF1's or FN01R-C's. Then I can finally mount my big brake kit.

I also ordered all my turbo gaskets and clutch shit, so that's all going on in due time. I loveeeee Spring! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    so guys whenever im going like normal cruising speeds (35-60mph) and i brake, the emergency brake light comes on and then it goes off after i've been stopped for about 5 seconds (emergency brake isn't engaged and even if it was it wouldn't do shit because of how many times we've forgot about it after putting the top down(because the top won't go down unless the ebrake is on and then you know you forget to turn it off and drive away so i dunno)). also my gas tank is leaking. also one of my pulleys is making the most annoying noise ever

after googling it the brake thing might be because of a pressure difference in the brake lines between front and rear. am i dealing with a leak? the pedal isn't falling to the floor or anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #204
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    You worked on all that today?

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    no lol im fucking busy with the camaro i can't waste time on the mustang

just driving my moms car to school for now

and i checked the master cylinder just now for the brakes and it's about half full, well below the fill line thing. i guess it's just because i haven't replaced the pads in a while. eh if the brakes start to feel squishy ill buy new pads and bleed the system. and the gas tank leaking i think is a seal around the top of the tank where the pump goes in, because i only notice gas on the ground under the car after i've recently filled it.

and did i tell you guys that i bought some LEDs for my gauge cluster? i can't remember.

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,330 Posts
    picturedump inbound
    initial teardown
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168665_192811160748785_100000597068496_600911_1807690_n.jpg
    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181613_192815634081671_100000597068496_600916_6854169_n.jpg
    heads off
    http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/182599_193359914027243_100000597068496_604860_6870451_n.jpg
    Bleck.
    Heads back on, you can see the shiny surface for all the new gaskets.
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180147_193608354002399_100000597068496_606724_2614733_n.jpg
    New intake manifold on
    http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180690_193608330669068_100000597068496_606723_1233432_n.jpg

And all of the new paint I put on. Before this weekend, the back passenger quarterpanel and all of the trunk/rear of the car were all still white.
    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185692_194920390537862_100000597068496_613976_5823212_n.jpghttp://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180625_194920417204526_100000597068496_613977_4501708_n.jpg

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    picturedump inbound
    fucking yeeeeeeeeee

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,330 Posts
    Oh yeah, and I put new heads on it that upped my compression a lot.

It has so much compression now, my starter usually won't spin it fast enough to start it. I'm going to need a new high-torque starter and some cable upgrades. It isn't timed properly right now because it won't even get one piston beyond the compression stroke any more just with the starter when it's timed right.

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,464 Posts
    broke 80k mi today

shit picture of box

?

10. Post #210
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,737 Posts
    how many watts and ohms is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

11. Post #211
    March 2008
    9,737 Posts
    Today I fixed this son of a bitch:

The caliper I bought wasn't the right one even though the fucker behind the counter said it was, so we loosened up the old one. It works but just barely. It's still a bit bad but it's so much better than what it was

Then put on the rest of the exhaust system, plugged the left front wheel which had a screw in it and made the squeaking doors shut up

Edited:

double post, oh well..

12. Post #212
    YOUR DESKTOP IS SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKS
    August 2009
    5,294 Posts
    MikeL14, could you get more pictures of your Eagle?

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,464 Posts

The caliper I bought wasn't the right one even though the fucker behind the counter said it was, so we loosened up the old one. It works but just barely. It's still a bit bad but it's so much better than what it was

Then put on the rest of the exhaust system, plugged the left front wheel which had a screw in it and made the squeaking doors shut up

Edited:

double post, oh well..
    do all cars in snowy areas look like that?

there's corrosion on EVERYTHING

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts

yes

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts

You would shit yourself if you saw the underside of my Explorer.

Edit: But yes, more pictures of the Talon please.

16. Post #216
    April 2007
    71 Posts
    Looks really good, I cant wait for my coils to show up.

17. Post #217
    March 2008
    9,737 Posts

yes

salt fucking everywhere during winter

I'll take a pic of the bumper today to show you

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,393 Posts
    Put my coilovers on yesterday and fine tuned them today. It's 2.5" lower in the front and 2" lower in the back. With 32 levels of damper adjustability, I set them all at 10 and it rides close to stock.

needs to be lower

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #219
    March 2008
    9,737 Posts
    best photoshopping ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,464 Posts
    tuned my sound stuff some more with a synth app :v

my crossover is at 120hz because my front mids are dying and wont produce a sound lower then that without blowing the fuck up
    so I need a new set of 6.5" components that work well on deck power, then maybe get a crossover of 80hz or something

also i refuse to install my swaybar until I stop procrastinating and fix my shit, i have to route an ac line that's hitting the intercooler and new front brakes

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    519 Posts
    I ATTEMPTED to fix my brakes.

And then my reducer broke trying to take off my lug bolts which were torqued to shit by a tire shop.

No new brake pads for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    now i got them blue gauges. no more ugly green.

23. Post #223
    February 2005
    879 Posts

And then my reducer broke trying to take off my lug bolts which were torqued to shit by a tire shop.

Your lugs are facing the rong way.

Also that's an interesting jack design.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    519 Posts
    Lug bolts > Lug studs/nuts

That jack is badass.

25. Post #225
    Lug bolts > Lug studs/nuts

That jack is badass.

bitches don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts

(:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    519 Posts

bitches don't know
    How do I change brake pads if I'm on ramps wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    How do I change brake pads if I'm on ramps wat
    i mean for other types of under-car repair

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    793 Posts
    I painted my car. :D

The is supposed to be a trim piece over the red b pillar.

I just went over the windows with paint stripper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,393 Posts

I like the red accents on the b pillar

also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,464 Posts
    no bling motherfuckers

:D!

still need to secure my subwoofer and relocate my amp, im installing them tomorrow regardless

procrastination ftw

also gotta do my front brakes this weekend, mods after this might be front swaybar endlinks, caster kit, and 1" drop springs(stock struts work fine with them)

32. Post #232

alright this time paint it without getting paint on the windshield
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    lol.

Today, I reinstalled the oil pressure sensor wire after it tried to commit suicide last night.

So there I was, racing a friend's Camaro on the way back from bowling. It was race number four or something, and being the complete retard that I am, I misshifted from 3rd back into second while I was already at 7200 RPM, and it jumped to 9200 RPM. Okay, I'm done racing for the night lol. So I'm cruising a little bit down the road then I hear a noise and feel something hit the floor board under my foot. There goes a rod, lolol (but not really). Then my oil pressure starts to drop. O shit. Fuck fuck fuck turn the engine off cruise to side of road turn hazards on hope I don't see a puddle of oil.

Get out and look, no oil that's good lol. Check oil stick, still full. Dunno what to do now so I just start it and hope it doesn't sound like a train going over rail road tracks. It sounds fine, so I go to nearest gas station, call my friend like 20 times (just once) until he calls me back. Lots of deliberation later, I realized it was just the plug that came off the oil pressure thingy. Jack my car up this morning, plug it back in and then WHAM! Oil pressure.

The end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,330 Posts
    Oh look, my thread!

Today is going to be fun. I got my old car back from my sister, a 1996 EK coupe. It is trashed. It had the motor and tranny from a 2002 car with 30k miles on it, but it runs like a piece of shit.

Today I'm going to dump a bunch of seafoam down it's throat and see if it runs better. Tranny needs serviced, IACV needs cleaned, etc.

and it decided to fucking snow today. fuck off, weather. I'm busy.

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,388 Posts
    past week-end, I retorqued the head on my 89' supra turbo. removed the exhaust manifold, fixed one stripped stud, changed my downpipe for a 3" without a pre-cat which will make my turbo breath properly now. removed the interior to fix the electric wiring (no audio atm, head unit is blown, I'm looking for the short). Fixed my power steering pressure line going to the steering rack (was leaking quite badly).

the 26th I'll be reassembling my engine bay and hopefully, she'll run properly now (but I can't drive her until the snow melt and the law about snow tire end)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

36. Post #236
    April 2007
    83 Posts

probably a good thing, seeing as you were about to spend a couple hours sitting in your wheel well with nothing supporting your car but that shitty little jack. and please tell me that that's a breaker bar, because if you were using a ratchet to remove your lugs you're seriously an idiot
    not to mention you put the car in the air before trying to break them loose? even if your e-brake is on you're going to be rocking the car as you attempt to loosen your lugs, and when it's sitting on nothing but a tinyass jack like that it's a crushed foot waiting to happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    yeah jack stands are a priority

38. Post #238
    April 2007
    83 Posts

Edited:

double post, oh well..
    just remove the piston and rebuild the caliper, the rubber seals in there cost next to nothing and it'll be worth it in the long run

Edited:

yeah jack stands are a priority
    i've had 2 separate friends have cars drop on their legs because of stupid scissor jack repairs. jackstands are $25 a pair, it's a worthwhile investment

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    one of my friends saw his dad get ripped in half because he didn't put jackstands in.

jack stands are worth the money

40. Post #240
    April 2007
    83 Posts
    one of my friends saw his dad get ripped in half because he didn't put jackstands in.

jack stands are worth the money
    at the very least take the wheel you just removed and slide it under the car, the rim can handle the weight if the car collapses and prevent stupid people from killing themselves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)