1. Post #2281
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    got the grass out of the bead and got the dent out, car looks like new.

well it looks like it did 4 days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2282
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,900 Posts
    I washed the engine of the Golf and cleaned out all the shit in the interior and it turns out that the summer wheels I got with it are brand spanking new also the winter wheels that are on it are really good so they're not far from new either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #2283
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    bewstgauge

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2284
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I finally trimmed my bumper to fit right and put it back on.

I need some clear/black or amber corners... And some slips. Some blue slips.

Yeah...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2285
    March 2008
    9,900 Posts
    Yesterday me and dad fiddled around with the golf and found out that the front brakes are almost new so they are great and don't need changing but the rear brakes were a mess with parts flying around inside so we changed the brake shoes and all the springs. There was also a quite big dent on the rear left part behind the rear wheel that I almost fixed, well it's as good as it's gonna get with only your hands anyway, so the left of the dent will probably be taken away with filler and painted over during the summer.

Now I just need to bleed the brakes because the pedal is very low before anything happens but at least it actually brakes when you push the pedal and don't just make metal to metal scraping noises
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #2286
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    I'm in the process of installing an aux jack, and I was thinking about getting this:

http://unitedautosecurity.net/Merced...s-P907234.aspx

Good idea y/n?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2287
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Worked on redoing the messy ass harness on this bitch today, redoing the grounds and whatnot because his alternator decided to not work but tested good.

Harness redone (mostly) and re-taped, tucked a bit, and new terminals and he's good to go again.

No after pics, it got dark on me fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #2288
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,597 Posts
    replaced the 26 (almost 27) year old sealed beam headlights on the 86

the future is bright
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2289
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2290
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts

Worked on redoing the messy ass harness on this bitch today, redoing the grounds and whatnot because his alternator decided to not work but tested good.

Harness redone (mostly) and re-taped, tucked a bit, and new terminals and he's good to go again.

No after pics, it got dark on me fast.
    you're missing a stud on the exhaust manifold...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #2291
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    you're missing a stud on the exhaust manifold...
    WOW I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. Yeah, it's been like that for two years now. I'd have to pull the manifold off and extract the broken stud -- My friend PROBABLY doesn't want to pay me to do this right now since he isn't working. It's fine without one.

Also, fucking hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

first today I traded my XXR 521's off

Then I jerked off to this minty fucking slips I got for them

Then I had to wash them off :v

12. Post #2292
    March 2008
    9,900 Posts

replaced unoriginal headlight that didn't have glass with an original one :D

and yes the car needs some paint but I'm hoping to get it repainted during the summer sometime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

13. Post #2293
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,967 Posts
    WOW I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. Yeah, it's been like that for two years now. I'd have to pull the manifold off and extract the broken stud -- My friend PROBABLY doesn't want to pay me to do this right now since he isn't working. It's fine without one.

Also, fucking hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

first today I traded my XXR 521's off

Then I jerked off to this minty fucking slips I got for them

Then I had to wash them off :v
    Needs more low!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

14. Post #2294
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    jizzed a little at how clean the tranny is, cleaned the flywheel with some brake cleaner, scraped some gunkoil off of the bell housing, clutch should be in within the next hours.

15. Post #2295
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Needs more low!
    I can't right now. It's my dd and I live on a terrible road. I already drag shit on my driveway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #2296
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,967 Posts
    I can't right now. It's my dd and I live on a terrible road. I already drag shit on my driveway.
    Damn man, that sucks. I had an NA miata I had dropped around 2 inches and it was one incredibly fun, but uncomfortable as fuck DD.

17. Post #2297
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The CRX used to be slaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmed.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2298
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    replaced my driver's side tail light because part of the lens was smashed when I bought it. My car looks much more decent on the outside now.

19. Post #2299
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts

eenf

20. Post #2300
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Put clutch in
    Put bearing into fork
    all that good shit
    try to push tranny to bell housing
    nope
    have to pull back out and realign
    2 hours later they are an inch apart and not moving

Oh and i put duct tape over my brake line to stop it from jet spraying all over my wheel, now it just drips fluid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #2301
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So today i slaved over my car for a few hours, cleaned every crevice i could (don't think anyone wants me to link them over here, you can see the pics in the pics of your car thread). Never seen it looking this pretty before, considering the obvious. Also the seal inbetween the radiator cap mount and thermostat failed so i unbolted it and jerry rigged that shit with some thermostat gasket sealer, don't see why it won't hold but I'll keep an eye on it. Sprayed coolant all over my engine bay when it failed so everything looks like shit now, all white and whatnot, but i topped the coolant off and all seems good so far. Haven't really driven it yet except for around the block though so hey.

22. Post #2302
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,967 Posts
    The CRX used to be slaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmed.

Edited:

Ahhh dude that's such a clean stance, that seriously looks awesome. Sucks on dirt roads and shit like that though, I agree.

23. Post #2303
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Not a dirt road, just a very shitty out of town asphalt one. I left it that low when I lived with Japfeiffer/The Pfeiffenator, but when I moved back home it went back to stock height. He drove it for a while at stock height and then I got it back.

I love that stance, but just can't do it right now.

24. Post #2304
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    truck is drivable
    fuck yeah

lol at my dad digging out in driveway with giant grin on face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #2305
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

pretty much sums it up

26. Post #2306
    October 2008
    2,661 Posts
    I sanded the fuck outta my hood
    Then decided I'm sick of green
    As well as two-tone
    I will no commence to hand-sanding my entire car
    Should also do some bodywork
    ASSHOLE TEENAGER, WHY YOU REAR-END ME AND SQUASH MY REAR END IN AND PUSH MY REAR FENDERS OUT?
    God I need some sleep
    Or else I'll keep typing
    like-a dis-a

27. Post #2307
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,597 Posts
    ford
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

28. Post #2308
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    I pulled the rear bumper plastic off of my car to pop out the dent in it (you just couldn't do it with it on), and found out that the trunk refuses to close unless the bumper is dented with it. So i just got done putting everything back on, and pushed the dent back in at 8pm. I'm sick, and my car doesn't look any better (worse actually, the tail light got chipped somehow, and i had to super glue the corner that chipped back on). It was worth a shot, i'll have to buy a new bumper and trunk lid though.

29. Post #2309
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts

pretty much sums it up
    love that ram

30. Post #2310
    November 2008
    2,009 Posts
    Jealous of the bumper on that Ramcharger, I hate the one mine has, like a solid metal beam. I really need to get cracking on buying a roll pan. Ive done quite a bit to my truck, I'll post some pictures tomorrow/later that I took a while back. When my dad changes the shocks in his truck he will give me his old ones so I will haves some mean 3500 cummins shocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

31. Post #2311
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    wired the S-AFC II into the wiring harness.
    Yep... Waiting on a wideband now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #2312
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    It's just the stock bumper. That's my dad's Ram Charger that he's had for fuckall years, the one I drove for 6 months before I owned my own streetable car after getting my license.

It's a retired California Forest Patrol vehicle.

33. Post #2313
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    I installed some reverse glow LED gauges in my T-Bird, put in a gauge pod with transmission temp and voltage gauges, and started installing a B&M Hammer Shifter.

34. Post #2314
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So today i slaved over my car for a few hours, cleaned every crevice i could (don't think anyone wants me to link them over here, you can see the pics in the pics of your car thread). Never seen it looking this pretty before, considering the obvious. Also the seal inbetween the radiator cap mount and thermostat failed so i unbolted it and jerry rigged that shit with some thermostat gasket sealer, don't see why it won't hold but I'll keep an eye on it. Sprayed coolant all over my engine bay when it failed so everything looks like shit now, all white and whatnot, but i topped the coolant off and all seems good so far. Haven't really driven it yet except for around the block though so hey.
    So i fixed the leak inbetween the thermo mount and rad cap mount, but now the rad cap itself is leaking, and it's literally brand fucking new, not even a month old...So I'm thinking maybe I'll put the old one back on (It looked too big, which is why i replaced it and got the one that was "Meant" for my car, but now it's too small and coolant is leaking out the sides so..) and see what happens...Idk, it's just coolant but every little leak makes me sad and i feel like I've gotta fix it so. The engine isn't overheating, and the thermostat itself is brand new as well, bought it with the rad cap, not even a month old, so idk what else it could be really.

35. Post #2315
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Was just putting my shoes and socks on to go put the old radiator cap on the car before it got to late and remembered...

I threw it away when i replaced it.

Shitfuck.

Edited:

So, any ideas to make it stop leaking? Short of buying a new one since that obviously didn't work the first time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #2316
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    I installed an audio jack in my center console. I feel so proud of myself. I can now play my iPod properly in my 21 year old mercedes :) I'm installing USB ports in a week or two to supply power. Going to replace the fender in a bit as well. Need to replace the cigarette lighter. It is really loose.

37. Post #2317
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,597 Posts
    bought fog lights

bigger mirror

initial d cupholder

so jdm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

38. Post #2318
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    i need a cupholder

39. Post #2319
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    my cupholder is this flimsy piece of plastic that folds out from the center console
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2320
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    my cupholder is this flimsy piece of plastic that folds out from the center console
    I understand this :/