1. Post #2401
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I snagged a set of OEM chrome nuts from a civic and I'm running those on my CRX :D No ugly nuts for me. I do miss the full set of locks I had though. They were hella long and looked boss.

I dunno, my next set of rims will probably come 'round the time I finish working on my current game dev project. After that I might have some spending cash to blow on a set of nice wheels for once. That and a traction bar. I need one so badly.

The slips are Jap's now, he's buying them off me to replace his winter wheels (my old phone dials).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2402
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    Wooho, the canadapost guy just rang the doorbell. Here come my boostleaktester (adbot, yeah yeah yeah)

edit: My mom isn't very happy with the fact that there is a tower of wheels in the basement :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2403
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    edit: My mom isn't very happy with the fact that there is a tower of wheels in the basement :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

4. Post #2404
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    Wooho, the canadapost guy just rang the doorbell. Here come my boostleaktester (adbot, yeah yeah yeah)

I wish I had a basement. :( I have to pay for storage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2405
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    I wish I had a basement. :( I have to pay for storage.
    basement, aka the tower of wheel next to my computer desk, right in front of my room.
    But yeah, I have to pay for storage too, it's just to small for 4x wheel... I mainly have small boxes of stuff and two valve covers in there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #2406
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    basement, aka the tower of wheel next to my computer desk, right in front of my room.
    But yeah, I have to pay for storage too, it's just to small for 4x wheel... I mainly have small boxes of stuff and two valve covers in there
    Ahh.... I have 2 and a half sets of wheels/tires, a couple subframes, and various other suspension/motor parts. Along with whatever useless junk I took with when I moved out.

7. Post #2407

October 2011
    35 Posts
    Installed fogs/grille. Replaced the front brakes. Forgot to ziptie one of my ballasts up where it should be in the engine bay and ran it over as I backed out of the drive... luckily it's a tough motherfucker and didn't take any fatal damage.]
    What are the metal things at the front on either side of the bonnet for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #2408
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    What are the metal things at the front on either side of the bonnet for?
    Hood pins. Basically a stud with a hole that mounts onto your hood support, comes up through holes (that you drill) in the hood, and then you slide a pin into the stud to hold the hood in place. Stock latches wouldn't work properly with that hood, so I had to use hood pins. The lanyards are there just to keep the pins from flying away if they were to happen to slip off.

9. Post #2409

October 2011
    35 Posts
    Hood pins. Basically a stud with a hole that mounts onto your hood support, comes up through holes (that you drill) in the hood, and then you slide a pin into the stud to hold the hood in place. Stock latches wouldn't work properly with that hood, so I had to use hood pins. The lanyards are there just to keep the pins from flying away if they were to happen to slip off.
    Ah, cool, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #2410
    May 2009
    2,874 Posts
    Had to fix this bloddy earth cable (again ..)
    Fucking son of a bitch .. its keep making problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

11. Post #2411
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    803 Posts
    Had to fix this bloddy earth cable (again ..)
    Fucking son of a bitch .. its keep making problems
    Do you mean ground cable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #2412
    May 2009
    2,874 Posts
    yea
    i mean that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

13. Post #2413
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    I decided to go with a k&n filter for the stock box in my car today(rather than a CAI). Let me tell you, that thing fucking sucks

air

14. Post #2414
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    yea
    i mean that
    You know, there's a commonly known reason those earth cables keep doing that.

15. Post #2415
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I plan on a large oversized light switch in my dash for some offroading lights on my truck
    I knew a dude who had made an Aventador style starter button for his mondeo or something of that ilk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #2416
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,897 Posts
    I need to find the circuit break that's causing my washer pump to not get power. It isn't the pump because I just replaced it and it isn't the fuse because I just replaced that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #2417
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,466 Posts
    grr and arghs

NASIOC thread posted:
    Today on the highway I heard a bang followed by a gear whine type noise, I assumed I hit something so I shut it off and coasted to a stop. Restarted the motor and noticed that when creeping forward the car would freeze in place as if something was binding. I kept feeding out the clutch until a loud clunk happened and everything freed up again. Tried it in reverse, same thing. Tried rolling down a hill in neutral with the clutch in and the car came to a stop once it started binding again, so I guess that rules out the transmission.

It seems to be coming from the front right wheel. It's pretty hard to replicate and it's been happening a little less often since then. I think I also hear a constant flapping/whining noise similar to the one that happened on the highway, although it is much quieter now. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2418
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,502 Posts
    grr and arghs
    Check the right front axle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2419
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    god damnit brand new parking brake cable and driveshaft

master fabricator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #2420
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,897 Posts
    Managed to get my hands on another BVSV valve and successfully replaced it yesterday. I also found a camry with luxury trim and took the mudflaps from it and installed them on mine.

Pick n' Pull is the shit. I also sat in a Supra Mk2 that had been in a front-end accident. It was sad.

21. Post #2421
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    Started pulling stuff off the cobra last night. Strut tower brace, CAI, and catback. I got tired so not much was done. I need help with this, you people need to be in michigan :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #2422
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Come to oklahoma, we can use my auto shop :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #2423
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    I would if i could. Seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #2424
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Today i shall drain my coolant
    And remove my 30000000 things that are in the way of the thermostat
    And then change my thermostat
    And then fucking rage if thats not whats wrong with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #2425
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I had to change the thermo on my car

It's so up-front that the housing actually sticks out in front of everything else

Edited:

not my pic btw, just a quick search, mine doesn't even have power steering which that one does

26. Post #2426
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    fuck yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

27. Post #2427
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    actually fuck no

car wont go over 2000rpm unless I shift DOWN
    ughushguoesoeug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

28. Post #2428
    May 2009
    2,874 Posts
    Thats because that thing is sucking in hot engine air
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

29. Post #2429
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    Or maybe it isn't adjusted correctly, hopefully you get it tackled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2430
    November 2008
    2,080 Posts
    Took all the shocks out of my truck, rear ones were total shit and the front ones had enough more than enough grime.
    Recently my brake lights don't work, when I bought the truck they had worked but now they don't, any idea why? My best guess is that a fuse blew, my turn signals work on the back though. 1991 D150 Shortbox by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

31. Post #2431
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    actually fuck no

car wont go over 2000rpm unless I shift DOWN
    ughushguoesoeug
    carb. Have fun.
    I remember with my old suzuki rm 125 2005... I hated carbs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #2432
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Thats because that thing is sucking in hot engine air
    actually it was because I was missing a vacuum line motherfucker

i'm driving a bullet now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2433
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    we should have a FP AA meeting.
    track event or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #2434
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Section it off so no one has to drive for more than 2 hours to get to the meet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2435
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    then it would be a solo meet for almost everyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2436
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    we should just all play forza 4 then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #2437
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Should meet in Oklahoma. Middle of the states, average distance for everyone in North America would be about the same. :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2438
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    Just used some of that headlight restorer ~~DIY PRO~~

worked great though, the old headlight almost looks like the new one

39. Post #2439
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Should meet in Oklahoma. Middle of the states, average distance for everyone in North America would be about the same. :v
    Don't you live in Oklahoma?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2440
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Today i shall drain my coolant
    And remove my 30000000 things that are in the way of the thermostat
    And then change my thermostat
    And then fucking rage if thats not whats wrong with it.
    ahahahahah fuck.

Taking it to the mechanic, starting to think about buying a new car come summer, something rwd that i can build up to be kinda quack.