1. Post #2561
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,973 Posts
    What a fuck, whenever i put my right indicator on it was flashing stupidly fast, i had a look outside and the front right signal wasn't lighting up. So i reserved a new bulb and opened the bonnet to see where i would fit it, looked fairly easy but it was jammed in tight and i couldn't loosen it.

I also looked at the fuses but that didn't help as they just had numbers on them and needed the owners manual i guess. Anyway i closed the bonnet and set off to get my bulb. About to turn right and... it fucking works again. Glad it decided to work again BEFORE i paid for the bulb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2562
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    They flash fast to let you know its about to burn out/is out afaik

Edited:

my cars left signal was out
    i flipped it over and it worked again :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2563
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,860 Posts
    As every one know's The sun hates almost everything in a car.

Well today I was tired of looking at dull ass wood grain shit.Took off all the wood grain
    (Except a piece around the arm rest I did not want to pull the whole dash apart), varnished 1 piece to see what it looked like.

That's just 1 coat. Now to do it all. Tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #2564
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Got myself two 13b engines (You can see them in the General Discussion) and am thinking of tearing into one of them tomorrow. Hopefully it's just an oil control ring like the guy said and not a blown fucking apex...we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #2565
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    Pulled the starter off my truck. Took longer than it should have because it turns out after I let my brother, my dad, and my grandpa borrow my tools, I'm missing 5 sockets, an extension for a rachet, and 4 crescent wrenches. The size I needed to pull the wires off the starter were among the missing. It didn't help it gets dark so quick too.

Gonna put the new starter in tomorrow, change the gasket between my TB and my Air cleaner tomorrow, maybe put in new Brake pads(might not, dunno how bad my rotors are) and put some silicone gasket around my leaky back slider window.

6. Post #2566
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Just finished tearing it apart:

Dad is taking the parts to work tomorrow to clean them up and then we can see what kind of damages we're dealing with, if any.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2567
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,318 Posts
    Fixed all my electrical problems on my volvo, new wires and other shit that took a huge amount of time to replace and put in. My back hurts like fuck but it was all worth it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

8. Post #2568
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    I spent 7 hours taking my tint off my back window.. It left a ton of glue residue that took forever to clean up.

9. Post #2569
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,906 Posts
    I replaced the Transmission fluid and the rear transmission seal today.
    I am quite glad to have a dad that knows lots about trucks.

10. Post #2570
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Just finishing my wire tuck on my CRX, still got some stuff to do to it to finish it though.

11. Post #2571
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,980 Posts
    Looks clean, did you do it yourself?

12. Post #2572
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Yeah I do everything myself, the wiring was a complete bitch, thank you

13. Post #2573
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    sold bbs wheels and lightbar to help pay for a new trans

14. Post #2574
    February 2011
    187 Posts
    bought this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2575
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts

oops wrong thread whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

16. Post #2576
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,860 Posts
    bought this.

More details!

Edited: Im dieing here waiting on you to post details. *I spy a third row seat*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #2577
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts

oops wrong thread whatever
    where is the (SHIT WAS SO CASH) or in this case the (FFFFFFFFFSTTTTFfsfsf sfsttsffffff)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #2578
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    fuck you ford why is this tab there? just to make my life difficult? okay.

well fuck you

bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #2579
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    I bought one of these

From the car wash the other day and rubbed it all over the inside of my car, and it looks super nice. I made the mistake of wiping it on my steering wheel and gear selector though, so they were a bit greasy for a day. It wasn't too much of a mistake though, because it still looks good from it, but isn't greasy anymore.

20. Post #2580
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    You will have to keep putting that on your dash and anything else or it is pretty much guaranteed to crack. Just so you know.

21. Post #2581
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    It's all plastic, i don't see why it would crack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2582
    July 2009
    1,158 Posts
    It's all plastic, i don't see why it would crack.
    I believe he means the coating that you just applied. . . I think

Anyways today I bought 4 jack stands so now I can get under my car!

23. Post #2583
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    My brother did it in his 2001 accord and never had any problems, i'm not too concerned about it.

24. Post #2584
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,318 Posts
    Changes all the bulbs that was left to change, So let's just say, that I brought change to the unchanged bulbs.

Oh god I'm bored!

Also fastened my battery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2585
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    I believe he means the coating that you just applied. . . I think

Anyways today I bought 4 jack stands so now I can get under my car!
    No, if you put that stuff on your dash, after a while if you don't put more on, the dash will crack. We've seen a bunch of Z's that have been garage and trailer kept with cracked dashes and stuff just because the owner stopped armor-alling it.

26. Post #2586
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    Man that sounds shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2587
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Spotted 3 more ford truck beds today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

28. Post #2588
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    found out why the brakes were grinding:

which was caused by this being stuck:

ordered new pads, a rotor, and a left rear window today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #2589
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,641 Posts
    Man that sounds shitty.
    Tis true, my dad used it on his old Hyundai. One summer he left it in his work parking lot for about 2 weeks cause the weather was good for his motorcycle, and the armor-all was due for a redo before that. Comes back to a HUGE fucking crack in the dash.

Probably didn't help that is was july/august and really hot, either.

30. Post #2590
    August 2005
    1,894 Posts
    Well you guys have officially sketched me out and made me wipe down my interior. What can i use to clean my vinyl safely and have it have a 'shine' to it. Because it's a bit dull and worn looking without anything on it.

31. Post #2591
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    found out why the brakes were grinding:

which was caused by this being stuck:

ordered new pads, a rotor, and a left rear window today.

Same thing happened to my truck. Whoever did the brakes last forgot to put the bushings in the caliper on the passenger side and tightened the bolts down as far as they would go. So after loosing pedal pressure I put it up on jack stands and when I finally got around to looking at the rotor I was fucking horrified. On the back of the rotor it was paper thin. I could actually break chunks off with my fingers. It ate the piston on the caliper, and my pads looked the same as yours. But now I've got brand new rotors, calipers, and pads. Still gotta take my old calipers back for the core. Don't know what I did with my receipt though. :(

32. Post #2592
    March 2011
    639 Posts

This is pretty much all I did all day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

33. Post #2593
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,998 Posts
    Anyone know how to do Brake Drums?

34. Post #2594
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts

This is pretty much all I did all day.
    Do want.

35. Post #2595
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Anyone know how to do Brake Drums?
    they're not that complicated if you take the time to look at them. the springs are sometimes difficult to get loose and place correctly. just take your time and you should be fine

take pictures of them beforehand so you know which springs go where
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2596
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2597
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Got my sun roof working on the crx and open, until the motor stop working all-together, relay clicks when I hit the button, oh well got to manually crank her back closed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #2598
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Sucks, man.

I have a stretch head bolt or some bad threads in my D15B block, don't know which. I'm about ready to yank that whole thing out of there and start over, I'd really like to move up to a D16 block with PM3's popped in it but I don't have the money at the moment. If I feel like it I might try to go and grab my D16 block and tear it down and put these PM3s in it, get some new rings, bearings, all that junk when I can afford it.

Sigh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #2599
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Sucks, man.

I have a stretch rod bolt or some bad threads in my D15B block, don't know which. I'm about ready to yank that whole thing out of there and start over, I'd really like to move up to a D16 block with PM3's popped in it but I don't have the money at the moment. If I feel like it I might try to go and grab my D16 block and tear it down and put these PM3s in it, get some new rings, bearings, all that junk when I can afford it.

Sigh.
    Damn man that sucks which d15b? I got the switch and motor working to find that now the gearbox inside the motor is stripped.

40. Post #2600
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The block is a D15B1 (Though, D15B1, D15B2, D15B7, D15B8 blocks are identical), a very worn block that I should have changed out a while back but never got around to it, and I think it's costed me my head now as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events