1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Just realised that there is a Phase Shifter in the Watch tower. It enables you to switch between PVE and PVP.

Does that mean that if we make a Facepunch league, that it would span both PVE and PVP?

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,703 Posts
    I suggest people who are rather new read through this: (for PC anyway, there should be a PS3 version linked in there somewhere)

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...?topic_id=4988

Quick league info for those wondering:

Legendary: Players can form a new league, or join an existing league
    Premium: Players can join an existing league
    Free: Players can join an existing league
    In addition to the notes above, Premium and Free level players would also be restricted from using league-based voice chat. (Free has no in-game voice-chat access, Premium only has access to proximity/local voice) There are currently no league-based upgrades available through the Marketplace.

If the creator/current leader of a league has their access level change from Legendary to Premium, they would not lose access to their leadership capabilities.

Also I assume that because you can phase, anyone can join your League and just go between PvE and PvP. If there was a FP league we could test it out, but I'm a Free player and I don't think I'm going to pay any time soon.

3. Post #963
    November 2008
    842 Posts
    I'm a free player.
    Info:
    Kierkegaard Kovacs, LV 10
    NA
    Don't know which server i'm in.

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts

5. Post #965
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    If anyone comes along an Intergang Enforcer's rifle, I beg of you to notify me immediately if it's for sale by someone, or to reserve it for me to buy it off you.

That thing is a damn enigma. I'm 100% sure I've found it on the AH once for way too much money, but subsequent searches of Google, the forums and in the game had absolutely no result at all. No search results, no info on who drops it, no one knows for sure where it drops, not even any information on the weapon itself.

6. Post #966
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    It drops from a Level 5 Tech Only quest- Clinical Strike (Batman Mentor) / The Big Payback (Joker Mentor)
    That's what I was told by my friend anyway, not sure if it's true or not.

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    That's the Enforcer's Rifle giving Intergang Rifle style. What I'm talking about is the Integang Enforcer's Rifle giving the Heavy Assault Rifle style.

I had to look twice as well before I saw the variation

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Oh sorry my bad. If I find one, I'll sling it your way bud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #969
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,703 Posts
    Same, I'm not a rifle class, but now I think about it I don't think I've even got a single rifle drop yet.

Edit: Can anyone who plays Hero explain to me why Harley Quinn was about 3 times harder to beat than Poison Ivy, when she was on a lower level quest?

10. Post #970
    November 2008
    842 Posts
    anyone wanna team up? Add me to your friends list in DCUO. Kierkegaard Kovacs.

11. Post #971
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    anyone wanna team up? Add me to your friends list in DCUO. Kierkegaard Kovacs.
    I would if you were on the US servers and this wasn't posted three hours ago.

12. Post #972
    November 2008
    842 Posts
    i am on the US servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #973
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    Fuck yeah, snagged that rifle that technically-doesn't-exist-according-to-google off the AH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #974
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Just got to 30 on my Light character. Holy crap there's a lot of stuff to do. Time to do some Challenge Instances I think.

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    Update 6 is coming this week as well.

Edited:

"You're probably wondering: Did I fire off five magazines, or six?"

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    I love the cutscenes after you finish a boss fight; its probably the reason why (aside from getting costume sets) I do the lower level missions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #977
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    So my character costume can only be 3 colors?

18. Post #978
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    3 segments of colors yeah. But you can modify individual pieces their segments (Head, chest, Legs etc.) all with different colors.

19. Post #979
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    Update 6 is coming this week as well.

Edited:

"You're probably wondering: Did I fire off five magazines, or six?"
    Awesome character. I've not been playing lately, but if we have a league or anything I'd hop back on and level my Staff character to 30.

20. Post #980
    November 2008
    842 Posts
    anyone around lv 12-13 wishes to go questing?

21. Post #981
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    Awesome character. I've not been playing lately, but if we have a league or anything I'd hop back on and level my Staff character to 30.
    I can make us a League if anyone would actually join it.

Edited:

Enjoy a group as well.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/facepunchdc

22. Post #982
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,137 Posts
    I can make us a League if anyone would actually join it.
    I would join a facepunch league, the lack of people to play with is the only reason I haven't been playing that much. (besides skyrim)

Edit:

My character name is in flux right now, I'll just contact you on steam.

23. Post #983
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    I would join a facepunch league, the lack of people to play with is the only reason I haven't been playing that much. (besides skyrim)
    I'm getting on right now, post your character's name and I'll invite you to a group and make a league.

24. Post #984

June 2011
    11 Posts
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS I JUST GOT THE FLIGHT FOR THE LIGHT DLC AND I CREATED A LIGHT POWERD CHARCTER BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE CAMPAIGN FOR THE SINESTRO CORPS!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #985
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    200 Posts
    I downloaded this game after F2P and was having a lot of fun until I was having some gameplay issues and contacted SOE and they were completely unhelpful. The issues I was having still left the game in a playable state and didn't really detract from anything, but I was so unimpressed by the SOE level of incompatance that I quit playing out of protest.

The game is really fun though.

And FYI the issue I was having was in regards to accessing the marketplace so I could actually give them my money, but I guess they didn't want it.

26. Post #986
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,137 Posts
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS I JUST GOT THE FLIGHT FOR THE LIGHT DLC AND I CREATED A LIGHT POWERD CHARCTER BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE CAMPAIGN FOR THE SINESTRO CORPS!!!!!
    Use your inside voice. Facepunch is also not the best place to ask questions concerning this game, try here.

27. Post #987
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    Got to level 30 earlier today, currently just doing Legends PVP for gear.

28. Post #988
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    Don't forget that PVP gear cannot realistically be used for PvE and vice versa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #989
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    Don't forget that PVP gear cannot realistically be used for PvE and vice versa.
    I don't plan on doing much PVE because I still can't get over how fun the PVP in this game can be when everyone is balanced.

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,441 Posts
    Update 6 tomorrow. No patch notes yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,373 Posts
    Is there a facepunch league and how do I join it?

32. Post #992
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    Is there a facepunch league and how do I join it?
    Join the group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/facepunchdc and post your name, try to chat with me and I'll invite you to it. I have the Villains one and could make a Heroes one if need be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    It's a shame we don't have an EU one. I'd make it, but I'm too cheap to go legendary.

34. Post #994
    May 2010
    349 Posts
    DC Universe Online, more like

BR Universe Online

No, seriously, I thought the comics were exaggerating about F2P MMO's, but then I tried this and they're fucking everywhere. The half of them that do speak English just call people "noobs" and play terribly.

35. Post #995
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,756 Posts
    Lol'd. I remember when I played Lineage 2 on some private servers they were filled with BR's and they just ran around spamming xax0xa0xa0xa0xa0ax0xa and nub.

36. Post #996
    XD!
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,183 Posts
    gotta love character creation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #997
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    anyone still play this at all? If yes, how bad are the connectivity issues? Did they fix themselves with the playercount lowering?

38. Post #998
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    anyone still play this at all? If yes, how bad are the connectivity issues? Did they fix themselves with the playercount lowering?
    I haven't played since my Legendary ran out, but I'll probably start playing again and if I do I may or may not buy Legendary.

39. Post #999
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    I still play, and I haven't had any connectivity problems at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    I need to get back into this and finish getting the T1 gear.