1. Post #1001
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Just made me an Electricity hero. Anyone know what weapons healers generally use?

2. Post #1002
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Just made me an Electricity hero. Anyone know what weapons healers generally use?
    There is no right or wrong weapon to use, but healers/controllers are, in my opinion, better with ranged weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1003
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    So can you make beast/monster characters?

Along the lines of man-bat, generic tentacle creatures and killer croc.

If not what about Scarecrow?

4. Post #1004
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Servers are down now, when they are back up the Christmas event starts.

The characters you can make are humanoid in appearance. You can have different skin colours (Robot/Fire/Space etc) as well as different styles (Claws, Talons etc).

Got my Lightning Healer to 30 earlier today, and spend the rest of the time before the server maintenance doing duos and alerts. Managed to heal Ace Chemicals without a single knock out. While it was a bugger to level with, so far this Lightning Healer is pretty fun to play.

5. Post #1005
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,503 Posts
    Well I just discovered some bullshit, if you got DLC from before you bought Legendary and the Legendary runs out you lose the DLC. Fuck you too Sony fuck you.

6. Post #1006
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    I'm sure you can contact billing about that. If you purchased the DLC, surely they can't just take it away from you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I'm guessing this isn't F2P. :(

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,350 Posts
    I'm guessing this isn't F2P. :(
    It actually just became F2P, I've made two heroes, a magic based villain and ice based hero. It's quite fun, but you can get lost sometimes and it can be difficult to tackle some quests.

9. Post #1009
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Downloading now. Whee. How much content am I missing out on by not paying for it?

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,350 Posts
    Downloading now. Whee. How much content am I missing out on by not paying for it?
    Well, I'm only level 8 so I can't really say. But unless you pay, I know for a fact you can't use any of the DLC content.

11. Post #1011
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Ah. is there a facepunch group or something?

12. Post #1012
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,350 Posts
    No clue whatsoever, I don't have any friends on the game.

13. Post #1013
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Ah. I will be your friend. :3

And I will make a cowboy, because fuck you. Pistols erryday.

14. Post #1014
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,350 Posts
    YEEEHAAW YEEHAAW RIDE EM COWBOY!

It all depends on what side you pick though.

Will you be a GOOD cowboy? Or a an outlaw?

15. Post #1015
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    The 2 DLCs give you a power set each and a bunch of end game content. But you don't need them to enjoy the game. That said, I've only just got the gear to start doing the Light end game DLC my self.

16. Post #1016
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,432 Posts
    Well I just discovered some bullshit, if you got DLC from before you bought Legendary and the Legendary runs out you lose the DLC. Fuck you too Sony fuck you.
    That's not supposed to happen. They've explained multiple times that seperate DLC purchases are permanent on your account. No matter your Legendary runs out, you fly to Australia or marry your best friends wife after she's divorced him and taken all his posessions in a manipulative settlement case.

17. Post #1017
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,503 Posts
    Ah. is there a facepunch group or something?
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/facepunchdc

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I've been trying out different character types, and none of them seem particularly fun. :( Any suggestions?

19. Post #1019
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Finally made one that I enjoy. :D Flight + hand cannons. One thing I'm not sure about, though. If I'm dealing ranged mental damage or whatever, what weapon do I want to equip?

Also, name is Wings McGee on the PvE server.

20. Post #1020
    January 2012
    27 Posts
    dps sorc dual pistols all day

21. Post #1021
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,762 Posts
    Downloading this is such a pain, it takes so damn long sometimes... (Due to peak times, download speeds slow down and stuff. Meh)

I was thinking of going Rifles with either Summoning or Illusion or something like that, good idea?

22. Post #1022
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    Do you guys reckon I could run this game ok with 2GB ram and an Nvidia gt220 video card?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #1023
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    160 Posts
    Do you guys reckon I could run this game ok with 2GB ram and an Nvidia gt220 video card?
    I have the same card but 4GB ram and it runs perfectly for me.

24. Post #1024
    RQ
    February 2012
    6 Posts
    Just downloaded the game and finished the tutorial. The game so far is fun but is it grind fest later on?

25. Post #1025
    September 2010
    197 Posts
    Just downloaded the game and finished the tutorial. The game so far is fun but is it grind fest later on?
    It's probably the easiest MMO to level in, I got level 30 in a few weeks (playing 1-3 hours a day)

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,938 Posts
    Just started playing this
    Probably the best MMO I have ever played, really laggy though

27. Post #1027
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,938 Posts
    And where do you buy costumes?
    My character looks awful and I really want to change his appearance (and personality if possible)

Oh and I died just to see this creepy scene

28. Post #1028
    July 2010
    4,319 Posts
    I had a really kickass looking clown guy who hit shit with a stick, then i found a helmet, tried it on and suddenly, Not a clown anymore.

The fuck, man. I JUST WANT TO DRESS UP LIKE A CLOWN AND SLAP PEOPLE.

29. Post #1029
    July 2008
    3,613 Posts
    You can change it so that you can look like a clown and still keep your gear on.

Also... Hit lvl 30 and was rather surprised at how long it took.

30. Post #1030
    June 2011
    2,946 Posts
    Game is meh but i can have an evil cyborg gentleman with a top hat using two swords and casting fireballs so yeah.

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,731 Posts
    Started playing this game, really enjoying it. Some guy was griefing a quest making it impossible to complete, so I sent a few reports and was talking about it with some people in shout chat, and they were saying 'Don't expect anyone to reply, there is only one GM online per day' (Maybe sarcastic). Anyway, the griefer suddenly disappeared out of nowhere, which consequently let me carry on with the quest. I asked the guy in shout whether he was a GM, to which he PM'ed me saying 'I'm not really allowed to disclose my status in shout chat, but to answer your question, yes I am'. He told me how he dealt with the griefer, he apparently 'logged him off and displayed a content warning for breaching conduct'. All in all I was quite happy with the quick and friendly response from a GM of DC. Really enjoying this game, it can atleast fill the gap till GW2 comes out.

I'm only on IE & XP because I'm on a school computer

32. Post #1032
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,933 Posts
    Im trying to change the graphics settings and resolution but whenever i start the game they're always on the highest settings, how do i fix this shit?

33. Post #1033
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,693 Posts
    Is it a good idea to also unlock the ability to use rifles if my main is dual pistols? I like the dual pistols, but I'd also like having an automatic weapon and not having to constantly keep clicking the attack button.

34. Post #1034
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,914 Posts
    Is it a good idea to also unlock the ability to use rifles if my main is dual pistols? I like the dual pistols, but I'd also like having an automatic weapon and not having to constantly keep clicking the attack button.
    No worries, Ability points are awarded for completing achievements, so don't be afraid spending them, by the endgame you'll have 70 or even more.

Anyhow, I love to ice tank. Feel free to add me for t1 daily missions.

Hero - Captain Skeptin - EU

Edited:

oh and I wanted to ask. anybody got Snake style stuff? I'd love the helm.

35. Post #1035
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Of cource I cannot get this game to run at linux. :( Or yea, the launcher.