November 2007
    68 Posts
    oh sorry then.

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    No problem. Can happen

New webcast will be around 4:30 PST, or a little over 5 hours from this post.

3. Post #643
    November 2007
    68 Posts
    its 20:12 here so the web cast will be tomorrow for me :V

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    It will be posted on YT as well, after it's aired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    Seeing as I (incorrectly) announced the F2P last time, it's only fitting that I'd rectify that mistake.

F2P is set to launch on November 1st, so coming Tuesday. Keep in mind that the servers will be down most of the day to make the transition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

6. Post #646
    November 2007
    68 Posts
    Hopefully it wont get delayed again

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    So it's meant to be ftp tomorrow. I can see it either being delayed or released right after I go to sleep tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    The servers are going down at 4:00 a.m. US Pacific Time which is in about 3.5 hours.
    No word yet on when they will be up, but there will be updates through out the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    November 2007
    68 Posts
    Share if there any new updates

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    Rolling Gadgets on EU. Decided that HL needs more tweaking before its on par with the other powersets.

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Just wondering, but does anyone know how long the usual down time is?

Edited:

I just went onto the DCUO website and saw this.

Well at least something is happening now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    118 Posts
    Can't wait to try this out, looks really fun.

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    "We are continuing the maintenance to transition DCUO Free to Play. Our expectations are this could take a large portion of the day to complete. We thank you for your patience. "

That's a direct quote from the DCUO forum, from a mod over there. So it looks like the servers will be down for a while.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...topic_id=35541
    There's the link if anyone was interested
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,303 Posts
    i heard the entire game is 14 gigs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    August 2008
    940 Posts
    I'm downloading 14 gigs of game right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the site to open, wish they'd give us a preload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    June 2010
    1,109 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the site to open, wish they'd give us a preload.
    If by preload you mean,somewhere to download the game now here's the link:

http://launch.soe.com/installer/DCUO_setup.exe

Source: Their facebook.

Oh and btw:

DC Universe™ Online - The Official Game Page
    Both US and EU PC servers are now open and available! Thanks again for your patience!
    Website is up!

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    It came up just as I woke up, how lucky. 14.3 gig, ouch. That'll take a while to download. At least its my day off.

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    You've had over 10 hours to download it, they've posted the client long before the servers went up

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    In my defence, I was asleep. Yay for time zones. While it's downloading, I'm debating whether to go back to sleep or faff about on Minecraft for the next few hours.

21. Post #661
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts
    If by preload you mean,somewhere to download the game now here's the link:

http://launch.soe.com/installer/DCUO_setup.exe

Source: Their facebook.

Oh and btw:

Website is up!
    >:( I'll play tommorow if it downloads by then.

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    118 Posts
    14 gigs? god damn...

23. Post #663
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    Woah, I already have 14gigs of DCUO still installed from when it first came out and I used to play, yet when I just went to start it's now starting to download an additional 10...

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,611 Posts
    The game is cool,but i can't play it since a group oh 30 lvl heroes is camping noob zones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Only 1.4 gig left for me to download. Pretty sure I've capped myself for today (Damn you Virgin Media!). Just purchased the Fight for the Light dlc, looking forward to playing as a Green Lantern. Looks like I'll be starting as Premium from the get go as well. Awesome.

If my math is right, I've only been downloading at about 800 kb/s on average the past 4 hours. Still, it beats the 5kb/s speed of dial up back in the 90's

26. Post #666
    June 2010
    1,109 Posts
    I had it on steam,so I started downloading early

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    I had a look on steam, and I could only find the trailer for it. Was the game taken off there or something?

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,152 Posts
    Not available in your region.

29. Post #669
    June 2010
    1,109 Posts
    I had a look on steam, and I could only find the trailer for it. Was the game taken off there or something?
    Probably, if it wen't free-to-play it made no sense in buying able to buy it.

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Steam has a fair few of free to play games now, Champions Online and League of Legends for example. Seems a bit weird how it was taken out the store even though some people still have it.

31. Post #671
    July 2008
    3,655 Posts
    So is this game even worth trying since it went f2p? I know I don't have anything to lose but damn they fucking butchered the free option.

32. Post #672
    June 2010
    1,109 Posts
    My main character's name was Thrasher, a couple of minutes ago I logged in, I was now named Thrasher_LFT, good thing they mailed me a "character name changer thing".

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    200 meg left. God dammit.

I did play it in beta and I enjoyed it. As it's free to play, you might as well give it a shot. You don't have anything to lose if you end up not liking it.

Edited:

Lame. I purchased the Light DLC, yet my account is still "Free". Hopefully it'll sort it self out later on.

34. Post #674
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,098 Posts
    My account status is Legendary at the moment.

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Okay, it seems there's a bit of a bug with the free - premium change.
    Do not buy anything off the website store. Instead load up the game and buy it through there. I purchased the Light DLC through the website and nothing happened. Just now I purchased a bunch of vault tickets and I got a notification saying I'm now Premium.

Also, I've fell in love with my Super Speed/Light character.

36. Post #676
    July 2008
    3,655 Posts
    Played for about a hour and tbh I'm starting to like it. It's not great but it'll pass the time till Skyrim comes out.

37. Post #677
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts
    Still downloading lol, I'll play with you guys tommorow.

Get on US servers or you're a casual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    Dennab
    July 2011
    712 Posts
    Any way around the "This video card is not compatible" thing?

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,303 Posts
    the dcuo f2p client is now on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    July 2008
    3,655 Posts
    Got 2 emails with attachments. Right clicked on them and what do you know... I can't get them because I can't receive mail attachments. I swear they really butchered the free option to hell and back. It's almost like they want you to pay 5$.