1. Post #801
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    Im playing it on PS3, the servers are perfectly fine except from the occasional invincible enemy.

2. Post #802
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    1563 in line.

Balls.

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    This queue is fucking outlandish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    US just crash?

5. Post #805
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    Believe so.

6. Post #806
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,459 Posts
    I've always been looking into trying this, and now that it's free, I might do so...But 30GB? Is that actually what it needs?

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    SOE posted:
    RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:
    Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
    3.0 GHZ CPU Dual Core Processor
    2 GB RAM
    NVIDIA 8800GTX+ or ATI 3800 series+ Video Card
    30 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
    Broadband internet connection
    Yep

Edit; I just checked my DCUO folder for yah, it's 24GB

8. Post #808
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    Mines 17.

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Ah yeah, I got a random 6GB patch for no reason, there was a thread on the DCUO forum which got totally blanked, which pissed me off a bit.

10. Post #810
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,795 Posts
    I got the same 6 gig patch and wondered what it is. When I inspected the folders, I saw Movie and Movies_EU, both around 6 gigs, both with identical files.

Edited:

Sigh, again, stuck on loading screen, as always. Tried to go to their official forums to yell at them, I log in, it redirects me back to forums after I do, but it doesn't say I'm logged in. So I can't post. IS EVERYTHING FUCKING BROKEN, SONY?

11. Post #811
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    Cool. Launchpad.exe just stops working. Good job SOE.

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    460 Posts
    They seem to be having a lot of problems with both US and EU pc servers.
    I'm playing on EU right now and no one is able to attack or use anything. Sure it's annoying, but it makes me think what's causing all these problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,455 Posts
    All is fine in EU Gotham city.

14. Post #814
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    Its only 17 GB on the PS3, maybe they downgraded the graphics or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #815
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    118 Posts
    Was waiting, 3800'ish in queue, and when that was finally over I just got an infinite loading screen, all of my rage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    460 Posts
    Yeah that happened to me just, started out 4000th in queue, loaded up went to do the Scarecrow event and hit the infinite loading screen. Just alt f4'd it and playing some Minecraft for a bit now.

17. Post #817
    May 2010
    2,331 Posts
    Anyone encountered a pink lady with a clown mask named Luremus in the USPC server?

Yeah, that's me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #818
    March 2011
    4,795 Posts
    The infinite loading screen pisses me off so much.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    You think they'll ever add more servers and fix the bugs we've been having?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #820
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,455 Posts
    They won't add any servers I assume, as they've only just made the megaserver merger. As they stabilize the server and increase its capacity, the queue will be shorter I reckon.

21. Post #821
    March 2011
    4,795 Posts
    During the day it's insane 5000+ login queues. During the night, it's the infinite loading screen. Awesome. Great game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #822
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    As a One Handed weapon, Gadgets power user, should I go for the Joker as mentor or Lex Luthor?

Oh look Hawkeye is angry at me because I rated him dumb because he didn't give the game a fair chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #823
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    Dual pistols and gadgets are so OP, pretty much every ability you can unlock stuns people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #824
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Infinite loading screen.

:gonk:

25. Post #825
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,612 Posts
    Infinite loading screen on PS3 too. http://www.soe.com/status/ is reporting an unknown status for the dcuo servers

26. Post #826
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,634 Posts
    holy fuck

this fucking metropolis mission is impossible
    i fucking walk into the instance
    and right off the bat they send a fucking hero up against me who promptly kicks my ass because she keeps lassoing me up to her and bashing my face in

worst fucking part is, the mission says it's for level 7 players

i'm fucking level 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #827
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    holy fuck

and right off the bat they send a fucking hero up against me who promptly kicks my ass because she keeps lassoing me up to her and bashing my face in

i'm fucking level 10
    Yeah this game is really fucking hard, a ranged weapon is pretty much your best bet. Bane is a bitch to kill becuase at a certain point he does this charge attack that one hits you no matter what. I feel sorry for all the melee users.

Heres some tips, spam the fuck out of your abilities especially the ones that stun. Summoning a low level companion like a sentry gun is a good way to hold aggro against some enemies, try to find a group before entering instances, upgrade your gear CONSTENTELY or else you'll fall behind and make sure you're careful around bosses, let your companion hold the aggro and lay into them. If they lock onto you run your ass out of there.

28. Post #828
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    Is anybody else having control issues like ADS and space bar just move you forward?

29. Post #829
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,017 Posts
    Martial Arts + Fire, Immolation = OP, I love it.

30. Post #830
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,121 Posts
    Loving this MMO so far, made a Hero based off Batman with an awesome costume named him Knightmares, seeing as Knightmare was already taken. I've barely finished the 2nd part of the scarecrow mission

31. Post #831
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Is there a FP League in EUPC by chance? I don't want to join randomers and competent people who want to group are not what I have found..

32. Post #832
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    Staff + Fire = Best combo ever.

Edited:

Inspired by Daedric armor from Oblivion. Fire/Staff/Acrobatics.

Currently only level 17.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #833
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,634 Posts
    uugh

who the fuck thought that 1:20 long respawn times in pvp would be a good idea

i was literally fighting for like 30 seconds before getting killed and waiting for respawn all the way up until my team lost

Edited:

holy fuck

i'm fucking level 10
    FUCK
    tried that shit again a level later, found out that they'll keep throwing fucking heroes at you

how the fuck is this shit for level 7 players

i doubt a group of them could fucking do it

34. Post #834
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    uugh

who the fuck thought that 1:20 long respawn times in pvp would be a good idea

i was literally fighting for like 30 seconds before getting killed and waiting for respawn all the way up until my team lost

Edited:

FUCK
    tried that shit again a level later, found out that they'll keep throwing fucking heroes at you

how the fuck is this shit for level 7 players

i doubt a group of them could fucking do it
    If you're talking about the Dr. Psycho quest, I did that one easily with my Gadget Martial Arts hero.

35. Post #835
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts

36. Post #836
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Any Hero FPers at the US PVE server?

37. Post #837
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #838
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    808 Posts
    I think they're a little wrong about the infinite loading screen being another queue. I left it up for 45 minutes just to test and it still stayed perpetually loading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #839
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,634 Posts
    i took a quest in the nightclub and all the exit nodes disappeared

not a single exit was left, so i ended up trapped and had to exit the game

it wasn't lag, because i was seeing players move and chat just fine

how do these bugs even happen

40. Post #840
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    Why does everybody get so upset over the login queues, they really aren't that bad, I manage to get in quite fast, even if I start from queue position 6k+

Also I want a dual pistols character but I just can't put together a good outfit, for my one-handed character I just used Deathstroke for base and made some tiny changes here and there, also fuck Bane.