1. Post #921
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    Going to make a Punisher character, would it be best to give him Dual Pistols or a Rifle?

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,676 Posts
    Going to make a Punisher character, would it be best to give him Dual Pistols or a Rifle?
    You can choose a second weapon skill later.

Edited:

Woo finally made it out of the tutorial on my third character. Anyone have thoughts for the two Ice trees? I was thinking Cryogenics but they both have appealing powers for my melee-focused ice guy.

3. Post #923
    April 2009
    1,208 Posts
    Does anyone know the best set of powers for a nature character?
    I just got the Ape shifting, didnt test it out yet.

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,676 Posts
    You have to kind of figure it out yourself.

5. Post #925
    January 2011
    2,292 Posts
    iirc you can get all the powers through feat points anyway so don't worry about choosing wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,118 Posts
    iirc you can get all the powers through feat points anyway so don't worry about choosing wrong
    these are powers, and you dont get any more through feat points. You do get ability points which you can spend on weapon style abilities, as well as movement abilities, but there is still a limit and it's nowhere near enough to get them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #927
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    Depends on whether you want to heal people or not. The shapeshifting stuff seems to be for damage rather than straight up heals.

8. Post #928
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    I can't find anything to do at level 21. All I see is a PVP quest that has a queue line that never ends because nobody joins it.

9. Post #929
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,680 Posts
    Is shapeshifting even any good? Seems a bit pointless to me tbh

10. Post #930
    July 2008
    3,638 Posts
    I can't find anything to do at level 21. All I see is a PVP quest that has a queue line that never ends because nobody joins it.
    The HIVE alert? Me and a couple of friends waited fucking hours just to do that. We said screw it.

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,676 Posts
    Is anyone else annoyed at how little information the game gives you? Playing my Ice character I have no idea what effects do what.
    Apparently if I activate abilities I get a Chill charge that adds up to ice armor. So I randomly turn into an ice covered dude for a few seconds then go back. But I have no idea what that actually does and it feels like I'm taking the same amount of damage.

12. Post #932
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    Is anyone else annoyed at how little information the game gives you? Playing my Ice character I have no idea what effects do what.
    Apparently if I activate abilities I get a Chill charge that adds up to ice armor. So I randomly turn into an ice covered dude for a few seconds then go back. But I have no idea what that actually does and it feels like I'm taking the same amount of damage.
    Yeah the first quest I got was to go find Batman at the East End gotham station. It never tells you how to even get there. You have to go to the watchtower, find the right teleporter, AND TELEPORT THERE.

I literally just played for 2 days doing races and beating up thugs and trying to walk to gotham until I finally asked someone in the chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,093 Posts
    Iirc it makes you more resistant to CC. you have abilities that grant a charge, at 5 you shift into it.

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,274 Posts
    Rifles own pretty fucking hard. No more carpal tunnel from clicking a shit load, just have to hold right click and I keep on shootin (Even at the start of the game, dont need any points spent to get that shiet)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,290 Posts
    Rifles own pretty fucking hard. No more carpal tunnel from clicking a shit load, just have to hold right click and I keep on shootin (Even at the start of the game, dont need any points spent to get that shiet)
    I got a level 24 down to a quarter of his health as a level 8 person using Rifle. It was pretty fucking silly.

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    Defeated a level 29 character on my level 17 soldier with rifle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,737 Posts
    I remember using a rifle in beta, could lock people down with the roll forward,backwards and repeat thing. Still the same?

Decided on a sorcery guy that uses staves this time around though.

18. Post #938
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    I made a nature guy with staves. I really like the combo system for the staff, and it's ranged nuke animation is awesome.

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,093 Posts
    Tried my first Mental character, took telekenis. Hands down amazing. The first ability you get does 40 damage, (at level 1) and levitates them, not too shabby right? Except, if theirs a barrel nearby, it heads towards the target, that collision does 90~ damage to anything in its path. now im not sure, but if you picked up the legendry power that lets you throw cars, i have a feeling it *may* interact with that skill.

20. Post #940
    July 2008
    782 Posts
    Im just making up a Hero, been looking forward to this game

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,737 Posts
    got to 10 on sorcery staff user, pretty bad so far, going to make a new, don't like it at all.

22. Post #942
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    So is rifles basically like playing a third person shooter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #943

June 2011
    11 Posts
    how do i acess the FIght For The Light DLC campaign

24. Post #944
    I randomly change my avatar every week or so
    September 2010
    5,228 Posts
    Hmm, I wonder if I could hook up a keyboard and a mouse to my PS3 and use those to control myself...

25. Post #945
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,557 Posts
    Anyone want to play on PVP? I just hit 20 last night and I'd like to be with Facepunchers when I hit 30.

26. Post #946
    July 2008
    782 Posts
    Well i just started on as Rexamus, and im now working my way on Scarecrow.

27. Post #947
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,557 Posts
    Well i just started on as Rexamus, and im now working my way on Scarecrow.
    I'll help if you want, send a Group invite to FlakTheMighty.

28. Post #948
    July 2008
    782 Posts
    Im not great at it but sure.

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,290 Posts
    I thought that I could solo Bane. HOW WRONG I WAS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,274 Posts
    You are number 2444 in line.

Damn kids getting home from school

31. Post #951
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    This game is fun. Like, shit. MMO done right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    I randomly change my avatar every week or so
    September 2010
    5,228 Posts
    Does anyone else play on the PS3 servers? My computer can't handle DCUO at the moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts
    I thought so too.

I was right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,274 Posts
    I thought so too.

I was right.
    Yeah i've made characters of all types and have been able to do the story dungeons by myself on all of them. Don't know why people are having trouble

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,120 Posts
    Yeah i've made characters of all types and have been able to do the story dungeons by myself on all of them. Don't know why people are having trouble
    Maybe because of his cheap fucking one hit kill attack, I feel sorry for melee users.

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    I solo'ed Bane and got the in-game achievement for doing it without having to flee.
    It wasn't that hard really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #957
    July 2007
    816 Posts
    This game has really awesome combat, even the kill x quests are fun because you can easily kill 4 enemies at a time.
    I have leveled up six times since our last encounter Bane, prepare to get your ass ravaged!

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,290 Posts
    Beat Harley Quinn solo. Didn't even realize I would have to fight her until she appeared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    June 2009
    3,641 Posts
    I just changed my weapon from Martial Arts to Staff, and I can safely say that I'm doing better with the staff.

40. Post #960
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    I just changed my weapon from Martial Arts to Staff, and I can safely say that I'm doing better with the staff.
    Staff is the master melee weapon IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)