1. Post #321
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    never mind, bought it on D2D.

Edited:

a great thread with lots of cool costumes:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...&topic_id=5207

Is it possible to get wings on your character that deploy when you fly/glide?
    Yeah. If you choose flight travel and your character has wings. They flap and shit when you fly. If you don't you hold your hands like superman does.

But, if you're talking about, coming out of your back, etc... I don't think so.

2. Post #322
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,545 Posts
    Rerolled a Villain, The Bojangler - US - Public Enemy. Yea, same name basically.
    Updated.

Oh, could you add me to the OP some time?

Jack Thompson - Villain - Zero Hour
    Le Prechaun - Villain - Zero Hour
    Agent 0range - Villain - Zero Hour
    Added.

Two Step - Hero - Zero Hour
    John Taylor - Hero- - Zero Hour
    Added.

Muttan - Villian - Zero Hour - US

Seems zero hour is popular.
    Aaaaaaand added.

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    Yeah. If you choose flight travel and your character has wings. They flap and shit when you fly. If you don't you hold your hands like superman does.

But, if you're talking about, coming out of your back, etc... I don't think so.
    I was talking about if you have wings out all the time, if they change when you fly. That's awesome.

Edited:

Also, how long does it take before you get your travel power?

4. Post #324
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I was talking about if you have wings out all the time, if they change when you fly. That's awesome.
    Well I think they spread out when you fly.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    So what's the deal with the buddy codes? It's like some people have them but most don't, or something?

6. Post #326
    August 2006
    3,545 Posts
    Also, how long does it take before you get your travel power?
    You get the most basic form of your travel power right away, but you can upgrade it as you go along.

So what's the deal with the buddy codes? It's like some people have them but most don't, or something?
    Apparently only the retail version of the game came with the buddy codes.

7. Post #327
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    Why are most Villains dicks.

I was fighting a level 19, got him down to 1/10th of his health and got knocked out. 2 other villains ran in and stole my glory then ran off without even helping me up...

I always help another Villain when they're in a fight or help one up.

8. Post #328
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    The real shame with DCUO is that you can't have duplicate names, so after a while there is going to be a lot of people with too many X, Z and numbers in their names.

9. Post #329
    Thighs McGinty
    May 2005
    1,015 Posts
    The real shame with DCUO is that you can't have duplicate names, so after a while there is going to be a lot of people with too many X, Z and numbers in their names.
    How is that different from any other MMO?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I suggested in the feedback.

That travel powers should have your power involved with them.

Such as flying. If you're fire, then you should set on fire when you fly and leave a trail of fire. Same goes for all the other powers.

Gadgets, you have a jet pack, hoverboard, jet boots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

11. Post #331
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    I suggested in the feedback.

That travel powers should have your power involved with them.

Such as flying. If you're fire, then you should set on fire when you fly and leave a trail of fire. Same goes for all the other powers.

Gadgets, you have a jet pack, hoverboard, jet boots?
    oh god I have wanted this since I signed up for the beta.

12. Post #332
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    oh god I have wanted this since I signed up for the beta.
    It needs it so bad. Travelling is quite boring and not special to certain powers.

It might not happen but maybe your powers gives you different bonuses to your travelling powers too.

13. Post #333
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    How is that different from any other MMO?
    In CO, you could have duplicate names, so everyone could have a corny superhero name related to their powers, rather than something that looks encrypted.

14. Post #334
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I wonder if there is a suggestions part in the DC Universe forum.

15. Post #335
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    I wonder if there is a suggestions part in the DC Universe forum.
    There was for the beta. Dont know if its still there.

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,197 Posts
    Tayzojin (Hero) - Level 30 - Reality Lost PC

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    That's one thing I love about CO is the colour customisation of powers, atleast gives some difference. And I hear they are bringing new types of particles, so you can customize more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    That's one thing I love about CO is the colour customisation of powers, atleast gives some difference. And I hear they are bringing new types of particles, so you can customize more.
    Good.

What excites me. Is that it's not been released for even a month yet and that means we have fuck loads of awesome updates to come and new expansions. Maybe new powers, new travel skills, more options.

:psyboom:

19. Post #339
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    I still can't believe how good it is a for a just released MMO. They're usually really terrible when they've just been released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #340
    August 2006
    3,545 Posts
    I'm sure that in later updates you'll be able to customize your powers and gear more, from what I've understood they'll bring out a big update every 3 months, though that is just speculation.

We'll see where it goes. :keke:

21. Post #341
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    I still can't believe how good it is a for a just released MMO. They're usually really terrible when they've just been released.
    DC and Sony made it. They have limitless money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Thighs McGinty
    May 2005
    1,015 Posts
    DC and Sony made it. They have limitless money.
    This is exactly what I thought the first time I played it.

If the rights had gone to a small, ambitious developer I'm sure we'd be fighting through the same release bugs you tend to get with the majority of MMOs. As it stands, I think this is the result of a high budget and dev team dedicated to the canon.

23. Post #343
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Which is fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    I tried Champions Online a couple of days back, and it still felt like it was just released. It felt like it was fairly random how responsive the skills etc. were. Sometimes it felt right, most of the time it felt like fuck all happened, or happened too late.

25. Post #345
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    Had an annoying bug with my 2 handed guy, where the charge bar for my x4 combo wouldn't come up and it did no damage. Motivation to create another character. I don't really like using tech now. It was good against little enemies, but it doesn't help versus harder enemies, or bosses. Whereas with the other powers (except possibly the other control), they always provide an effect no matter who you're fighting.

26. Post #346
    July 2009
    961 Posts
    Is it just me or the PC version of the game looks like a poor console port then it is made for the PC?
    The controls are really uncomfortable considering the fact that you gotta fast click everything to death till your hand hurts, unless there's an option to auto-attack that i'm not aware of?

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,084 Posts
    Should I get this on PS3 or PC, considering the varying opinions on the control system?

28. Post #348
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Is it just me or the PC version of the game looks like a poor console port then it is made for the PC?
    The controls are really uncomfortable considering the fact that you gotta fast click everything to death till your hand hurts, unless there's an option to auto-attack that i'm not aware of?
    I thought it was pretty good. Auto attack it fucking stupid. Push one button, wait, get xp. Plus with all the powers auto attack would be pretty useless.

Edited:

like the combos.

Edited:

m1
    m1, m1
    m1, m2
    m1, m1, m1
    m1, m1, m2
    m1, m1, m1, m1
    m1, m1, m1, m2 and so on.

Edited:

auto attack would just do m1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    August 2006
    3,545 Posts
    Technically it's designed so it works on the PC as well as on the PS3, and they did a great job at it considering that they also could've ended up with something along the lines of Final Fantasy XIV... *shivers*

Should I get this on PS3 or PC, considering the varying opinions on the control system?
    Get the PC version, if you don't like the controls you can always get a controller and play with that.

That's my thought on it anyway.

30. Post #350
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    The interface was clearly and obviously designed for a console, but it's still rather sleek and efficient for the PC. I have to say though, I don't like the hair selection menu. When there is so many different possible hairstyles, why can't there be separate facial and hair options.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,084 Posts
    Technically it's designed so it works on the PC as well as on the PS3, and they did a great job at it considering that they also could've ended up with something along the lines of Final Fantasy XIV... *shivers*
    For fuck's sake, perish the thought! A friend of mine still gets nightmares about it!

Get the PC version, if you don't like the controls you can always get a controller and play with that.

That's my thought on it anyway.
    Does it support gamepads a la Games for Windows or do I need something like, say, Xpadder?

32. Post #352
    November 2009
    1,965 Posts
    Is there a trial?

33. Post #353
    August 2006
    3,545 Posts
    Does it support gamepads a la Games for Windows or do I need something like, say, Xpadder?
    For as far as I'm aware you can just plug in your gamepad and the game will automatically switch control scheme. :keke:

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,084 Posts
    For as far as I'm aware you can just plug in your gamepad and the game will automatically switch control scheme. :keke:
    Now I just need to get loadsa money to upgrade and a place to get timecards (No creditcard, woe is me) and I'm set.

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    I love the combat. It's very different from other MMO's which is a good thing.
    Is it possible to change your travel mode? I want flying instead of acrobatics :(

36. Post #356
    July 2009
    10,578 Posts
    No, I personally love acrobatics though now that I have the grappling hooks, I feel like bionic commando or spiderman

37. Post #357
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I love the combat. It's very different from other MMO's which is a good thing.
    Is it possible to change your travel mode? I want flying instead of acrobatics :(
    Go to re-spec chamber in the Hall of Doom or The Watchtower.

You may be able to change it there. I haven't used it though.

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    Go to re-spec chamber in the Hall of Doom or The Watchtower.

You may be able to change it there. I haven't used it though.
    Can't respec travel powers.

39. Post #359
    July 2009
    961 Posts
    Oh I just found out that you can toggle pvp from the help menu on the pvp servers, that takes care of the lvl 30's ganking at the low lvl questing zones.

40. Post #360
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    Can't respec travel powers.
    o