1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    Just a few pics from my trail riding this morning

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    Where do you live?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    I actually live in Central Md near Baltimore. This is in Greenridge MD. 2 hours from my house

4. Post #4
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Trail riding is why I want a Jeep

:allears:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    I really need to find some trails around here. Ohio's boring as all hell when it comes to this kinda thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,019 Posts
    I really need to find some trails around here. Ohio's boring as all hell when it comes to this kinda thing.
    Go the UP in michigan awesome trails to drive and logging roads. Sadly I live in the lower peninsula so not nearly as main trails.

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    2,738 Posts
    In those pics it looks like the stuff I drive my Subaru through, got any better offroad pics?

8. Post #8
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts

Imagine that view just with a bit rougher road :allears:

Edited:

:allears:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    Beep beep I want a mother fucking Jeep!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Go the UP in michigan awesome trails to drive and logging roads. Sadly I live in the lower peninsula so not nearly as main trails.
    I've been itching to take it somewhere but I also don't want to tear up my daily. I need to have the front diff rebuilt before I do anything really. In other news I found out my Explorer has a set of 4.10's and a L/S rear diff

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    In those pics it looks like the stuff I drive my Subaru through, got any better offroad pics?

I wish i had gotten more of the REALLY difficult trail. Some of it was almost straight up with rock and snow. There's NO way a subaru would've been able to go through the more technical part of the trail up the mountain. Way to much rock crawling.

PS the second pic was at eye level looking down at the trail I just came up. I'll be going again when it gets warmer. Gonna take pictures of the technicality of the trail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2010
    1,696 Posts
    Pennsylvania and West Virginia have some fairly nice trails and landscapes and it's not of a long of a drive as to Upper Michigan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2008
    2,738 Posts

I wish i had gotten more of the REALLY difficult trail. Some of it was almost straight up with rock and snow. There's NO way a subaru would've been able to go through the more technical part of the trail up the mountain. Way to much rock crawling.

PS the second pic was at eye level looking down at the trail I just came up. I'll be going again when it gets warmer. Gonna take pictures of the technicality of the trail
    Yeah, the parts in the pictures my Soobie could easily make it through

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Pennsylvania and West Virginia have some fairly nice trails and landscapes and it's not of a long of a drive as to Upper Michigan.
    I've heard of some trails out in West Virginia but I still have to get some directions.

Paste, you have any better trail photos? I'm not doubting it, just want to see em'.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    I've heard of some trails out in West Virginia but I still have to get some directions.

Paste, you have any better trail photos? I'm not doubting it, just want to see em'.
    Sadly I was mostly focused on getting up without dying, but I'll be going again in a month or so when it gets warmer. Take the top and the doors off. Will get pictures of all the hard areas if I can.

Edited:

And come with me with your Subaru. We'll have fun :D

Edited:

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Looks like a fun time. I'm damn jealous too. One investment when I'm finally employed will definitely be a Wrangler or another offroad toy.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    When I get into a family situation I'll be buying a 4 door. After owning this I refuse to drive anything else. Horrid has mileage but its absolutely so much to drive. Anywhere.

18. Post #18
    October 2009
    5,146 Posts
    If you have a gravel pit near you, go get a boner and get over there, my dad always tells me stories about him and his friends fucking around in one near me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Never thought of that! I have a few actually, just don't know if they're sectioned off or not.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Fuck yeah offroading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    fuck yeah, offroading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    That is one beasty Hilux you've got there. There any regular places you go to around Perth?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,446 Posts
    i thought the thread said "tail riding" and I was going to flame you, because I hate faggots in SUV's riding my ass.

but this thread turned out be cool and awesome instead!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    That is one beasty Hilux you've got there. There any regular places you go to around Perth?
    that's my mates hilux, took the photo before i got mine. we usually go wherever we want, powerline track, telegraph track out near mundaring, hoffmans mill down south near yarloop. hardest one i've ever done was the canning stock route

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    that's my mates hilux, took the photo before i got mine. we usually go wherever we want, powerline track, telegraph track out near mundaring, hoffmans mill down south near yarloop. hardest one i've ever done was the canning stock route
    I've done the powerline track near mundaring, which was actually my first real bit of 4WDing. I've also gone from Seabird down to Guilderton (Moore River) along the coastal sand tracks. My parents have done the Holland track, which I'm going to do with a mate but on motorbike.

Doing the Canning Stock Route is impressive, how long did it take you? I wanna do it some time.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    I've done the powerline track near mundaring, which was actually my first real bit of 4WDing. I've also gone from Seabird down to Guilderton (Moore River) along the coastal sand tracks. My parents have done the Holland track, which I'm going to do with a mate but on motorbike.

Doing the Canning Stock Route is impressive, how long did it take you? I wanna do it some time.
    took us, all up, about 20 days. best trip i've ever done in my opinion. most of the time we just go up for a cruise in the lancelin sand dunes.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,913 Posts
    sort of related.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    all i can hear is "redneck redneck redneck"

Edited:

honestly, how fucking stupid can you get?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,913 Posts
    I love how it's such an abrupt end with the BOOOM and then just quiet.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,234 Posts
    Mostly relevant - an old video I have. Proof that winches are useful.

Edited:

Trail is behind me, but the view is spectacular.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    I'm back with some more!

Poser flex when my swaybar link broke.

All clean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2009
    5,146 Posts
    goddamn right its a jeep thing bitches dont understand

33. Post #33
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    So I've got the Jeep

now I need to find some good trails around my area...

34. Post #34
    October 2008
    1,323 Posts
    Im telling you man, for trail riding, the IH Scout is the way to go, don't get me wrong I like your Jeep though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    I'm scouting more trails for my Volkswagen. I'll be sure to take some pictures next time I'm out.

36. Post #36
    October 2009
    5,146 Posts
    Feels good knowing you are the one making the giant cloud of dust behind you.
    Grand Am Waterbed suspension makes offroadin in it fun

solid dirt road... RANDOM DEEP SAND PULLING ME OFF ROAD ;_;

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    Is Land Rover good for off roading?

38. Post #38
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Is Land Rover good for off roading?
    Are you serious?

Yes they are

39. Post #39
    November 2007
    765 Posts
    I love riding trails I used to have an amigo that looked a like this

Unfortunately it was only 2wd but it was manual and I never got it stuck. Even was able to go further on a jeep trail than my friends Ram 1500. Eventually the head gasket cracked, Paid 2k to fix the entire engine pretty much because the chain or w/e broke which in turn bent every single valve. Less than a year later same thing happened but when I brought up the 1yr warranty they came up with some bs thing about how "The part that caused it was not warrantied"

So now I have this fun toy. Same year and color as stock pic. I have yet to take it on any real trails but it should do good, Got the biggest tires I could fit stock and 4wd hi/low. Down side is that it is an automatic but as long as it can go off road i'm happy.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,032 Posts
    I want a Jeep so badly...but I'm 15 so I haven't started driving lessons. Once I'm 15 and 9 months then I'll be able to start...

Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? I was thinking Unlimited because there's more storage in the back, and I my dad might use me to transport his stuff around when he's busy. I'm not a person for trucks though.