1. Post #1
    January 2011
    95 Posts

Waffle House Minecraft SMP Server
    Enjoy the latest hardware, backed by a professional data center with speeds up to 600+mbps! That means no lag ever! (USA Server)
    Our server does constant backups and updates to provide a secure, and fun environment!
    We do not want a reset! Don't fear your buildings and creations getting wiped, we wont do it unless a new update MAKES us!
    http://www.minecraft.turbowaffle.com

Send an email to minecraft@turbowaffle.com with your IGN to join. Check out our map LIVE here:
    Map Cartograph (Realtime)

Servers

Minecraft: mc.turbowaffle.com (64.142.7.42)
    Joining & Rules

To join, send an email to minecraft@turbowaffle.com with your IGN.

Rules:
    1. This is a mature server, act like an adult.
    2. Do not use the word f**got or n**ger. This includes other variants.
    3. Do not grief.
    4. Ask questions. They will get you answers.
    5. Flying will get you kicked
    5. Inappropriate skins, or xray mods will get you warned/banned.
    Playstyle

We play the old fashion way, dig for stuff! PVP is disabled. PVE is enabled. Everyone helps each other out, so if you need anything just ask!

You can build on the land by yourself, or build in a city with others. The only rule is, if you build in the city, please abide by the city rules/theme. There are no building restrictions whatsoever if you build outside of a city. Our first city, Vennice, seems to be pretty diverse though.

When joining the server (if whitelisted) type /spawn if you don't appear at the spawn location. This is a Bukkit bug I'm assuming. The important player commands are listed at spawn.
    Hardware

Computer:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4ghz
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    64GB SSD / 1TB S3 HDD

Network:
    OC12 Fiber Optic Connection (600+mbps)
    Located in California, USA
    Groups

Server Owner:
    Turbowaffle
    Admins:
    Alvery
    Belruel
    CoffeeCrazy
    Moderators:
    baconwaffler
    Danta77
    Hai2joo
    HDIEagle
    Trevian
    Regular Users:
    Everyone Else
    Server Mods

Installed:
    Custom Home (+1 home location each week you stay!)
    BigBrother (AntiGrief)
    Autocart
    Whitelist
    LWC (Chest/furnace lock)
    Guardian (Disables fire spread/TNT)
    Permissions
    General Commands
    Dynamic Cartograph
    iConomy
    SimpleShop
    iChat
    Our cubby area in the data center: http://www.minecraft.turbowaffle.com...rver_home.jpeg

Some current pictures of what we've made:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

October 2009
    313 Posts
    Is PVP/PVE enabled?

3. Post #3
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    PVP is disabled. PVE is enabled. By that, I assume you mean creepers can kill you, you drown in water and burn in lava etc.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Best Server Ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Put this in the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    Woo, people applied! Good applications too. Does anyone have their referral link handy? Send it to me on Steam. I seem to have lost mine.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,122 Posts
    I find it a little strange that I have to tell what I've made in the past. I've never really made anything amazing. Can I still get in then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    if you can give me a copy of Minecraft, I'll delight your server with my never ending presence. :)
    I do enjoy spending long times on a project.. and i typically don't go elsewhere till I am bored ! Ask me if you want to see my work.. its quite worthwhile.. I was even featured in soem shitty crafthub article.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,374 Posts
    Just sent a message, now with %100 less binding!

10. Post #10
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    I find it a little strange that I have to tell what I've made in the past. I've never really made anything amazing. Can I still get in then?
    You don't have to, it was more of a suggestion. The point of the application process is kind of like improvisation, make it sound good even if all you can build is a stack of planks.

It's the gateway for us to know that you aren't some raging 12 year old who's going to come in the server spending 2 hours breaking everything in sight. Then we'd we have to go through, spend our precious 10 minutes re-uploading the backed up world file, banning you, and then sulking in disgrace that you managed to get past our safeguards.

Something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,604 Posts
    I posted server application info and stuff on reddit

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,374 Posts
    Woo, people applied! Good applications too. Does anyone have their referral link handy? Send it to me on Steam. I seem to have lost mine.
    you dont seem to have a working steam icon link

13. Post #13
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    you dont seem to have a working steam icon link
    Oh, yeah. I put in my ID, not my community link. Bleh.

14. Post #14
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    Minecart Mania Autocart is now working properly. Come in and make some roller coasters!

15. Post #15
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    8 minutes ago? I hope you read the email I just sent you.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,604 Posts
    Ze City is growing!

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    The building for my huge redstone museum is about done. Now to start planning the exhibits...

This server is probably the best I've played on. Really enjoying the fact that there is no lag, and basically no chance of the server going down. This thing is hosted in an actual data center.

One other thing: the OP could use an OP/mod list.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,374 Posts
    The Valley of the Night, fucking far away from the spawn. You can only access it for now by asking me on the server for a tp or looking really hard at the carto. You get all lots for free, and your allowed to build on the cliffs if you want the good views.

The last one im using as my screensaver

19. Post #19
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    Who made the roller coaster by the brick building? Was fun!

Nice spot you found there Rur!

20. Post #20
    I don't see why you would upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM, you don't need anything near that amount.

I hope the minecraft server isn't running on the SSD though.

Interesting nonetheless.

21. Post #21
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    I don't see why you would upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM, you don't need anything near that amount.

I hope the minecraft server isn't running on the SSD though.

Interesting nonetheless.
    Its because of the RAMDisk. The SSD will fail if it's the only thing used, because of the intense use. So the RAMDisk uses part of the memory like a hard disk. Due to this, its 4GB of memory being used by the active buffer or something, meaning only 4GB remaining for everything else. Thus, why we're upgrading. Kind of like SSD speeds without killing the SSD.

I might have stated that wrong, Turbo can get on here and call me a dork later.

22. Post #22
    Its because of the RAMDisk. The SSD will fail if it's the only thing used, because of the intense use. So the RAMDisk uses part of the memory like a hard disk. Due to this, its 4GB of memory being used by the active buffer or something, meaning only 4GB remaining for everything else. Thus, why we're upgrading. Kind of like SSD speeds without killing the SSD.

I might have stated that wrong, Turbo can get on here and call me a dork later.
    Then i understand

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,374 Posts
    i made the rollercoaster

24. Post #24
    October 2010
    161 Posts
    if you can give me a copy of Minecraft, I'll delight your server with my never ending presence. :)
    I do enjoy spending long times on a project.. and i typically don't go elsewhere till I am bored ! Ask me if you want to see my work.. its quite worthwhile.. I was even featured in soem shitty crafthub article.
    If CraftHub is so shitty, why bother mentioning it you were featured at all?

25. Post #25
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    You're all building so fast. My pictures are out of date now, lol.

Spawn was remade and easier to understand now.

26. Post #26
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,079 Posts
    Why are you getting a ventrilo?

27. Post #27
    You might as well host a TS3 on the server box, free and you can get 512 slots with a non profit organization license.
    Otherwise 32, which i doubt you'll need any more.

Opposed to ventrilo which is EIGHT without purchasing a license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    My vote goes for Mumble. Mumble ftw!

29. Post #29
    January 2011
    44 Posts
    I just want to thank everyone that's joined so far. We've got a really great bunch of people, and it's nice to see regulars playing already. If you're interested in joining, please drop us a line at minecraft@turbowaffle.com with a little bit about yourself.

edit:
    Wow, how did the forums know I look just like Justin Bieber?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    I just bought minecraft and I've already found out what the fuss about the creepers is about. :(

I'd love to play with you guys, what do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2010
    1,162 Posts
    I vote we should update some of the pictures with all the new buildings and what not that have been made :D

32. Post #32
    June 2010
    455 Posts
    I vote we should update some of the pictures with all the new buildings and what not that have been made :D
    I'm sure if you post some Coffee will update the OP.

33. Post #33
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    Fucking whitelists, why does anyone prefer them over simply BANNING people who are annoying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,020 Posts
    I have played on this server and I can say with certainty that the host HATES jokes and has a stick in his ass

Edited:

doesn't lag though!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    neither the website or the forums work for me (can't connect to either), I'd really like to play on this server.

36. Post #36
    March 2010
    1,162 Posts
    The host is a pretty good guy I have no idea what you're talking about

37. Post #37
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    works now, must have been something on my end.

38. Post #38
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,904 Posts
    Excellent example of a Minecraft server thread. I wish the new ones that get made every day were half as good as this one. Adding this to the sticky as an example of a good server thread.

39. Post #39
    January 2011
    95 Posts
    I have played on this server and I can say with certainty that the host HATES jokes and has a stick in his ass

Edited:

doesn't lag though!!
    Agoat, Turbo jokes a lot, don't know what you're talking about. Maybe your jokes weren't very good?

Thanks rilez!

Central Station is now complete, the spawn will change to it shortly:
    (This allows you to go to any city on the map from one location via cart. The city owners are responsible for linking the track.)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    The Valley of the Night, fucking far away from the spawn. You can only access it for now by asking me on the server for a tp or looking really hard at the carto. You get all lots for free, and your allowed to build on the cliffs if you want the good views.

The last one im using as my screensaver
    What skin is that?