1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts
    I'm resubbing! Or well, resubbing in the first place, my first account was a trial.

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    This account is only a few months old. When did trials end?

Edited:

Also, recalling to the sanctuary crashes my game. :/

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,012 Posts
    December 2010

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,012 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    add JPDower guys if you feel like playing

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,044 Posts
    I would kill to get my hands on this right now.

7. Post #247
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    you can buy it off sony station, get on it!

8. Post #248

9. Post #249
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    Oh man, forgot how much fun it is picking off VS and TR infantry while they fight amongst each other. <3 Bolt Driver

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts
    Alright, I'm playing ingame, part of the NC. Love flying. Nearly any cert I could forget ended up with the points going to flying.

Ingame name is truedarkreign.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Wow Planetside is impossible.

I do all the trainings, get Uni-Max.

Fucking Max armor is useless. I played for 3 hours today, didn't ever get any kills, got my ass handed to me by everything.

The only kill I ever got so far is when I got in a tank gun and killed a Lightning.

I'm going to forget unimax and I'm going sniper or pilot.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,823 Posts
    Wow Planetside is impossible.

I do all the trainings, get Uni-Max.

Fucking Max armor is useless. I played for 3 hours today, didn't ever get any kills, got my ass handed to me by everything.

The only kill I ever got so far is when I got in a tank gun and killed a Lightning.

I'm going to forget unimax and I'm going sniper or pilot.
    Which empire are you playing? If you're playing NC or VS your maxes should be pretty easy to use. TR is a little more interesting. Anyway, MAXes take time to get used to but put a LOT more power into your hands. You won't be very effective in other roles until you have more cert points to spend.

If you want some easy XP just get any vehicle cert and then use ANTs and refuel base silos. Just make sure you're in a squad when you do it: there's no point wasting that experience. (Every "tick", which is approximately a second, you'll get 20 SEP, and so will anyone in your squad that is in range. SEP is not divided up, it's copied... so make sure to share!) BTW that 20 sep is just what I remember, things might have changed as it has been a LONG time since I played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    VS had the coolest MAX power by far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,823 Posts
    VS had the coolest MAX power by far.
    Agreed, NC just had great weapons. But by far, my favourite MAX is the TR AA MAX. I still think they should have buffed the range further than they already have, but regardless, it has the most DPS of all the AA MAXes (well it did pre-VS buff) and if used by an experienced user can make reaver pilots cry.

But then when I played armor convoys for TR/NC, I was often a skyguard gunner so me being a flak user shouldn't be shocking.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    I'm playing NC.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    NC AA max and AI max are awesome. Just stay indoors with the Scattercannon and pick off aircraft with the Sparrow. The nice part about the Sparrow is that you don't need to maintain a lock, missiles are fire and forget.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    805 Posts
    I could never snipe when I played this game again a year or so ago. It's like my cursor was confined to a grid that didn't even scale to the zoom, meaning an enemy could be standing in between the places my cursor could snap to, and therefore be impossible to aim at. Did anyone else get this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,327 Posts
    How's the current average playercount every battle?

I don't want to resub until I know people are actually playing.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,629 Posts
    I could never snipe when I played this game again a year or so ago. It's like my cursor was confined to a grid that didn't even scale to the zoom, meaning an enemy could be standing in between the places my cursor could snap to, and therefore be impossible to aim at. Did anyone else get this?
    :argh: This was so annoying.

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    Not to mention that sniping, for the most part, is easily the least-useful infantry perk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261

August 2009
    307 Posts

As of now, pop has been very good with news of PS Next, we're currently having pretty massive outside battles with somewhere near 60-70 per side.

22. Post #262
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,269 Posts
    I can't get my launcher to work, it just pops up Planetside and shows a large gray box. I wanted to sub to this but eh, not now.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    Most times when I recall to Sanctuary and occasionally on normal warps I crash to desktop. Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm running Win7 64-bit (and the program in XP-SP3 compatibility). I've changed to SP2 compatability. Hopefully that fixes it, but I highly doubt it will.

Can we get a FP outfit going?

Edit: Wow, a whole day of getting our asses kicked. Nobody willing to go cap a base on a different planet to pull some of the enemy away or create a new front. We lost base after base and rather than reconsidering our tactics we just kept on getting steamrolled. Retarded.

24. Post #264
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    Can we get a FP outfit going?

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,012 Posts

There was a pop-lock on Cyssor last time I played. People were surprised.

Edited:

I will get one sorted when I next go ingame. Message me on Steam about it

26. Post #266
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    yeah, a lot of people have subscribed to get access to the Next beta when it starts

Edited:

Most times when I recall to Sanctuary and occasionally on normal warps I crash to desktop. Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm running Win7 64-bit (and the program in XP-SP3 compatibility). I've changed to SP2 compatability. Hopefully that fixes it, but I highly doubt it will.
    I did crash today when recalling, also on Windows 7 64-bit

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    We are getting our ass kicked in Esamir!

Also I found my calling. I forgot unimax and got myself air scout and air assault.

I got six kills at the same time by doing a rocket strafe on a group of infantry.

Also killed a colossus.

28. Post #268
    October 2010
    2,110 Posts
    Aircav is way too easy to get good at, yeah

29. Post #269
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    We are getting our ass kicked in Esamir!

Also I found my calling. I forgot unimax and got myself air scout and air assault.

I got six kills at the same time by doing a rocket strafe on a group of infantry.

Also killed a colossus.
    whats your character name?

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,012 Posts
    I'm gonna go get a drink and then hop ingame on my NC character, Hezzy

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    whats your character name?
    Uberman7788 - I play NC.

Edited:

I also am going to invest in the assault class so I can get a minigun. Those tear shit up.

I know because whenever I fight infantry I get my shit wrecked by dudes with miniguns.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts
    Alright, I'm getting on.

33. Post #273
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,857 Posts
    get on fellows and we can get the outfit together, we need 10 people to form one

34. Post #274
    October 2010
    2,110 Posts
    Uberman7788 - I play NC.

Edited:

I also am going to invest in the assault class so I can get a minigun. Those tear shit up.

I know because whenever I fight infantry I get my shit wrecked by dudes with miniguns.
    lol

People are killing you with chainguns because they've played a really long time, not because it's any better than the other HA. The guns are pretty well balanced.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    If guns are well balanced how come I can't even kill light infantry with a gauss rifle. From medium range and I get the first shots off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Dennab
    May 2006
    158 Posts
    you must be pretty terrible with it then. empire specific medium assault is very very good for medium to long range combat, it's best to fire in bursts of 3-5 depending on what you're using (3 for gauss, 4 for pulsar and 5 for cycler)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,012 Posts
    If guns are well balanced how come I can't even kill light infantry with a gauss rifle. From medium range and I get the first shots off.
    pro-tip: hide behind cover, fire in bursts

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    use suppressor.

With decent aiming and forgiving recoil you can really apply dps greater than some other guns.

39. Post #279
    October 2010
    2,110 Posts
    The suppressor will take 2-3 reloads to kill rexos and agiles. It's useless compared to MA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    bare jokes mate