1. Post #281
    July 2008
    206 Posts
    Just re-subbed. Im pretty psyched to hear the pop went up a bit after announcing the beta.
    Add me up, TheRipperr - NC

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I'm still waiting on my new laptop to be built >:(

The wait is killing me.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,836 Posts
    Need job before I can resub. At least I have my priorities set straight :P

4. Post #284
    Dennab
    May 2006
    158 Posts
    So i guess the population is doing decently, i might try and get my old account back online, if i can remember my username and password and somehow get someone to pay for it.

does anyone have an easy to use, organized list of all the changes made to planetside in, i dunno, the past 3 years? last time i played the lasher didn't even lash anymore and the phantasm got its chaingun removed

5. Post #285
    August 2009
    2,878 Posts
    I've always found the idea of mmofps games to be irresistible, but most of the ones currently out are terrible and planetside just seems too old to warrant picking up. Really hope that planetside: next is good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Dennab
    May 2006
    158 Posts
    i hope to shit planetside next is backwards compatible so my shit rig can run it.

i think my one true gaming love will always be planetside, just because how huge and deep it is while being really accessible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,979 Posts
    I think Smed said something about making it playable for all original PS players.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    If the OP is still watching, can we have a list of all our players and their character names?
    If not, Hezzy, can you please add it to the OP or your post on the first page?

Here's my character name again: MrBRAD

9. Post #289
    Dennab
    May 2006
    158 Posts
    sweet shit! i think i got a way to pay and i remembered my account name and password

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,585 Posts
    Debating with myself about whether or not to get this considering I live in Australia and all the servers will have around 300 ping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #291

July 2010
    535 Posts
    Debating with myself about whether or not to get this considering I live in Australia and all the servers will have around 300 ping.
    I was going to make a "hurr" reply saying that you should move and all that but I came to realize how sad it is to actually live in australia in terms of video games and that I really feel sorry for you but I can't help out with anything :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #292
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    Get on tonight guys and we'll have a go at getting the outfit up.

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,585 Posts
    I was going to make a "hurr" reply saying that you should move and all that but I came to realize how sad it is to actually live in australia in terms of video games and that I really feel sorry for you but I can't help out with anything :(
    Thanks. :love:

The ones really deserving of pity are New Zealanders, though (as far as servers go). The whole country has about the same population as my city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,595 Posts
    Is it worth re-subbing to Planetside? Used to be a big player but things got in the way, went back about a year ago but the pop was so low and so many hackers about I gave up after a couple of days. Would be nice to re-live possibly the best game I ever played.

15. Post #295
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    it's very popular at the moment because people have resubscribed to get access to the beta.

16. Post #296
    August 2010
    796 Posts
    I loved Planetside it was my first MMO, I paid for it there for like 2 years then I did the reserve thing.

17. Post #297

July 2010
    535 Posts
    it's very popular at the moment because people have resubscribed to get access to the beta.
    beta, WHAT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #298
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    when the beta comes out, which will apparently be this month, all people currently subscribed will be granted access to the Planetside: Next beta

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Next month actually.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,021 Posts
    beta, WHAT?
    Is it comfortable living under that rock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Is it comfortable living under that rock...
    ...on Mars!

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    ...in a cave

23. Post #303

July 2010
    535 Posts
    I am made fun of :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #304
    July 2008
    1,278 Posts
    Is there any exact release date/website for this yet? I played the old planet side so much

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,235 Posts
    Smedley is telling us it is coming late first quarter or early second quarter. So between March and April. But without so much as a teaser I'm beginning to think there was some kind of miscommunication. I can't find any mention of a sequel on the actual planetside website, not even on soe.com under upcoming games.
    In fact, all we have is a blog post and three pictures and the game is supposed to release in a month and a half. Something is really fishy right here.

26. Post #306
    Dennab
    May 2006
    158 Posts
    lol you guys need to remember while planetside means awesome and truly epic it also means developmentally disappointing

27. Post #307
    October 2010
    2,110 Posts
    I didn't find Planetside developmentally disappointing at all

Do you even know what that word means

Edited:

If it was developmentally disappointing it wouldn't be having 150 player battles 8 years after release

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,425 Posts
    I used to play and I remember the load times were pretty long. Now, that could have just been a case of my old hardware being too poor to run the game...but is it just a fact that Planetside suffers from long load times?

Also, if I resubbed today, how much do I have to DL?

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,356 Posts
    my load times were never to bad and my system is total shit. but then again they could still be long to you and i could be used to shitty loading times that much.

30. Post #310
    Dennab
    September 2010
    2,108 Posts
    gonna resub, played since 04 and loved every minute of it. I have had the best of times in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,425 Posts
    my load times were never to bad and my system is total shit. but then again they could still be long to you and i could be used to shitty loading times that much.
    I just remember waiting anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to load new worlds.

Or perhaps I'm just confusing loading times with having to wait for the HART shuttle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,356 Posts
    yeah it took a minute for me.

despite some random pretty bad lag for no reason and a few random crashes planetside was very stable and ran smoothly most of the time on my rig.

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I've fixed my ctd on planet change issue. Needed to disable texture preloading.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,754 Posts
    This looks awesome. Definitely trying it out, and maybe, if it's good enough, I'll have something to play until SW:TOR is released.

Edited:

Do you have to pay for the game in order to get into beta?

35. Post #315
    This looks awesome. Definitely trying it out, and maybe, if it's good enough, I'll have something to play until SW:TOR is released.

Edited:

Do you have to pay for the game in order to get into beta?
    No. People are just assuming that.

36. Post #316
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    They announced that current subscribers would definitely get access.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I had some sort of obsession with stealing vehicles and equipment from other empires. For some reason it just felt incredibly satisfying to shoot lasers back at the Vanu Sovereignty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Unsubscribed.

After playing for hours and hours I finally got tired of getting my ass handed to me.

I never once got a kill, only killed a lightning in a prowler turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    Not sure if I'll get into this game enough to subscribe. Subscription was the one thing that kept me from buying Global Agenda (which I hear is somewhat like Planetside), now that it's subscription-free I play it every few days but realize buying it and subscribing to it would have been a mistake.

No matter what though, I want this to make MAG players shit themselves.

40. Post #320
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Not sure if I'll get into this game enough to subscribe. Subscription was the one thing that kept me from buying Global Agenda (which I hear is somewhat like Planetside), now that it's subscription-free I play it every few days but realize buying it and subscribing to it would have been a mistake.

No matter what though, I want this to make MAG players shit themselves.
    There's not subscription in Global Agenda :colbert:

Edited:

and there's never been any.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)