1. Post #601
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,235 Posts
    Leave to it SOE to announce an announcement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    March 2010
    1,129 Posts
    j_smedley on twitter: For all you Planetside Next fans stay tuned for a big announcement at our upcoming Fan Faire in Vegas!
    leadcunter wannna play PS tonight with Aura?

3. Post #603
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Hey guys

http://www.planetside2.com/

FUCK YESSSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #604
    November 2009
    644 Posts
    leadcunter wannna play PS tonight with Aura?
    I've got four days of gametime left, spending it with my TR outfit :(

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I really like RockPaperShotgun's criticism of what's been released so far.

Several renders and that's it so far is BS and everyone knows it. Thus, a discussion on giraffe sex is welcomed to at least give something to talk about.

6. Post #606

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    38 minutes.

8. Post #608
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    12 Minutes :D

Cannot wait to see what they have done with PS2

Edited:

1 minute 30 seconds!

SO
    EXCITED :D

Edited:

And here we go.

Edited:

Website down?

Edited:

Yep, site has crashed.

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    810 Posts
    Well holy shit, looks like we got a game, people.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts
    Site's back up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    dear lord.

12. Post #612
    June 2011
    8,804 Posts
    The future: Populated entirely by black dudes.

Anyway, it looks good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #613
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Its...
    beautiful

Edited:

So, from the looks of things, the factions are keeping their themes from the original, and there is only one planet this time around.

It will be glorious.

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    Sexy on a whole new level.

Lets hope they aren't bullshitting us with the trailer...

Also, the size of that comm tower they show in the trailer has me anxious to see how big the actual bases will be...

And yeah, is it just me or is everyone in that world African American? (Nothing wrong with it; just saying...)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts
    Sexy on a whole new level.
    Also, the size of that comm tower they show in the trailer has me anxious to see how big the actual bases will be...
    The old towers in Planetside were basically a huge stairway with nothing else in them. They don't seem that bigger in the trailer.

16. Post #616
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    New maxes :fappery:

Edited:

TR one

Edited:

This just in, the VS are working with the xenomorphs on their MAX

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts
    The TR MAX looks pretty goofy, but it's still an improve on the egghead design of the original

Edited:

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    Its...
    beautiful

Edited:

So, from the looks of things, the factions are keeping their themes from the original, and there is only one planet this time around.

It will be glorious.
    What makes you think there will only be one planet? Pretty sure they show a broadcast gate in the background...

I'll watch the trailer again...

19. Post #619
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    What makes you think there will only be one planet? Pretty sure they show a broadcast gate in the background...

Read the faq,
    Unless Auraxis is a galaxy/System

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts

I think he means that the Bending never happened, and that all the continents are on the same planet, rather than spread out across the galaxy.

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    The TR MAX looks pretty goofy, but it's still an improve on the egghead design of the original
    Edited:

Kind of hate the MAX design for the TR...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    "Vanu Sovereignty - Vanu has taught that only through technology can humanity evolve it's next state of existence. The Vanu Sovereignty is extremely advanced, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis and they will annihilate anyone who interferes."

Sounds like one planet to me.
    As long as the environments are diverse, I don't care if the game is on one planet or one hundred.

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,529 Posts
    Edited:

Kind of hate the MAX design for the TR...
    I think it could use a faceplate, rather than the lower face being entirely exposed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    "Vanu Sovereignty - Vanu has taught that only through technology can humanity evolve it's next state of existence. The Vanu Sovereignty is extremely advanced, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis and they will annihilate anyone who interferes."

Sounds like one planet to me.
    Ah... Guess it is

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,835 Posts
    Jesus fuck img_thumb those images or media tag them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Release date?

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,673 Posts
    I used to play planetside and love how massive the battles are but this game does not gain enough attention mainstream-wise. I would play planetside again if it was still free (with or without restrictions for freebies).

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,600 Posts
    Planetside Lore makes no sense, don't even try to understand it as the developers have so many contradictions left in the game.

Only thing bad with the trailer was that the space looked pretty closed in - what was magically about Planetside for me was how wide open and massive it felt.

Also they said they are gonna use a Battlefield 2 like class system instead of choosing your own path.

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,050 Posts
    Planetside Lore makes no sense, don't even try to understand it as the developers have so many contradictions left in the game.

Only thing bad with the trailer was that the space looked pretty closed in - what was magically about Planetside for me was how wide open and massive it felt.

Also they said they are gonna use a Battlefield 2 like class system instead of choosing your own path.
    I imagine depending on how far along in the development cycle SOE are they might just have decided to show a little attack, plus it is a debut trailer rather than like a gameplay one.

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I hope they keep all the bullet decals in the walls and such. Those provided me at least 12% of the satisfaction I had in Planetside, and if all we're left with is a puff of smoke when you shoot something, I'll be severely disappointed.

31. Post #631
    im a gold member please accept me!!!
    March 2011
    1,200 Posts
    Awww shit, looks like I won't be able to run it.

Also, single planet? I guess that's better for huge battles and shit.

32. Post #632
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,099 Posts
    I just hope they keep the gameplay style of the current Planetside and they don't pull a "SOE" on us.

If they do, a definite buy

33. Post #633
    June 2010
    4,372 Posts
    What's the engine it's using?

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    What's the engine it's using?
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/08/the-return-to-auraxis-planetside-2/ posted:
    They’ve built a new homegrown engine called Forgelight designed specifically for online MMOFPSes, critically incorporating Nvidia’s Physx.
    :gizz:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,600 Posts
    Awww shit, looks like I won't be able to run it.

Also, single planet? I guess that's better for huge battles and shit.
    Well if its just one planet or a ton of them is purely just for lore. The important thing is the number of continents that you can play on and seeing as though this is a modern remake of Planetside then there should be at least 10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I haven't heard of this before, but hearing about it now...

I will buy this.

37. Post #637
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,860 Posts
    Shame there won't be any Sanctuaries or HART Shuttles. It'll be interesting to see how it changes the game.

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,600 Posts
    There isn't going to be a large peaceful staging area for outfits or platoons now either with no more Sanctuaries

39. Post #639
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,273 Posts
    These new Vanu MAX outfits remind me why I signed up with the best faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    SWEET JESUS

Edited:

Getting ready for some NC lovin'

Edited:

Why is automerge broken, what the fuck