1. Post #401
    Try now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

2. Post #402
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    Still can't connect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #403
    Still can't connect.
    Did you get the patcher in the OP before you used a gate, if you didn't i might have to SLAP you

4. Post #404
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    Did you get the patcher in the OP before you used a gate, if you didn't i might have to SLAP you
    what? I think I ruined something by going into that portal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #405
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Still down for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

6. Post #406
    August 2010
    330 Posts
    This is a story of one of the greatest Minecraft experiences I have ever had for the sheer fun it was and I would like to share a ummmm embellished view of this quest to escape the Nether!
    And no I will not do a Tl:dr.
    And sorry is the English is bad, I wrote it in a rush.

The epic of Obsidian and Kona!
    Trapped with in the Nether two miners had been teleported into the Nether soon after the Great nether fail of 2011 by a unknown force, trapped with out any tools to our names and nothing more then a few blocks of Slowsand and only a vague outline of the position of fellow miners and the new base camp we set out on a epic quest to escape!

The quest started on a fairly down tone note with very few incidents of Ghasts or annoying walls in our way... This all changed quickly after the cliff of ages was found, a sheer cliff of Neatherrack and a number of Ghasts bearing down upon us we where forced to run and hide in till they believed it was safe, the floor was being blown apart slowly by the Ghasts throwing the balls of hellfire upon us but I idea came upon us. We shouted "We shall make out own path, in this land of fire and lava. The Ghasts shall not defeat us". Upon the sound of this war cry we did it, the cliff of ages was no longer a problem, a small leap for two miner so great of spirit!

The small amount of blocks of Slowsand became the things of Gods in our hands and with much jumping and leaping upon the Slowsand we ascended like a graceful hummingbird lifting it self above challenges that would have crushed smaller souls. At this time we had reached the original base camp of the Nether based in the temple of Whitecliff, the destruction that had killed so many in the great Nether fail of 2011was clearly visible for us to see we it shook us and Obsidian said upon to Kona "What sort of monster could have done such evil, the Nether explores did not mean harm, all we wished to do was explore and visit new lands. The taint of the Ghasts must be destroyed where ever it rears its head, it must be rooted out and crushed to avoid the deaths of more good Miners. The evil Ghasts must die!"

By some evil magic this speech drove the Ghast taint towards us, we where not armed with the holy weapons of Bow and Arrow so there was little we could do but still we fought, with out bare hands we launched into fists and kicks upon the unholy Ghast swarm, the floor was being destroyed before us but still we carried on in till the end. It's a feat never heard of in the whole of the greater profan region to kill a Ghast with Diamond swords and armour with out the aid of a bow and arrow, but this was in a class of it's own for Kona and Obsidian together with the fury of the Gods above took down the mighty Ghast, it's body fell upon the floor with a crash that destroyed even more the floor around the Heroes. T'was a sight to see!

With the battle over and done the mighty Heroes made the way around the ruins of nether base one, holes from previous battles with the unholy Ghasts had left scars around the base and with out the tools or block to repair the damage we left them with a tear in our eyes at the destruction we could not have prevented at the unholy beasts hands. Later the two found their way to the stair case that lead into the Heavens of hope for the two had seen the name tags of many a good Miner such as Profanwolf and Swebonny and this gave then a whole new urge to force away across this land of fire. The stair case did not deliver the hope that they had needed, unseen by the great miners only around a hundred blocks away they crossed over many a cave in the hope of finding a way to reach the miners but this was not to be! It took many a hour serching the caves of the Nether with the screams of the unholy Ghasts and the deformed Pigmen of which so far had not caused trouble for the two heroes and in the end they fell upon a cave of a much large scale them the one they had found so far. In this cave there was a pit that lead down to the plains of Nethererack that boarded the great Lava seas that coved much of the land of fire. The two heroes fell upon this and despaired, there was no way to escape this hell and they heroes fell upon the ground near one of the fires that dotted this land. They despaired for the family that they had left behind, and the friend that would never see them again, they knew that soon the fires that ravaged this land would soon consume them and they would die and their body will never been found. Hunger slowly consumed them. Delusions became normal and the trees of Mainland appeared , the temple in the city of New Egypt became clear to them and the toilet of Purp looked to consume the pit in the centre of the cave. It was not in till Kona looked upon one of the walls of the cave and saw it, for the first time he saw the hole that looked to contain torches upon the walls. The torches could only mean one thing that that was people, and people meant safety!

Lifting their empty bodys the scaled the hard terrane that layed before the hole they had seen in till they came upon the wall that the hole was upon. Upon getting there they found that the hole had again been a delusion and it became clear they had no hope in till Obsidian claimed If the hole does not already exist we will be forced to make it our self, we shall not let this land of fire stop us! . Without tools this was a fools task but it was undertaken without regard for this small mater and they dug! Ohhh how they dug, it was magnificent! The hard Netherrack cracked the already cracked skin on their fists and the blood pored freely staining the red rock with blood! And they carried on in till a small light popped into existence in the walls on the stairs they had been digging, it was the tunnel and this tunnel gave path for safely and life. Soon after the miner Swebonney heard the cries of the two upon the walls of one of the lower tunnels and dug with his pick, the Netherrack falling before him in great amounts be dug the two out of the tunnel and gave them stairs into the area in which the portal to the Mainland lay. They where saved and two miners left the nether. Alive!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #407
    Put it in the mc thread too

8. Post #408
    March 2010
    297 Posts
    Away for a weekend hah. Hope you guys all have fun :d
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #409
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,189 Posts
    Having trouble connecting. It doesn't get any further than "logging in".

Edited:

Nvm, fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

10. Post #410
    September 2010
    6,881 Posts
    How funny, getting "took to long to log in" and "Network is unreachable". They are making turns just to annoy me it seems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events

11. Post #411
    March 2009
    549 Posts
    just sent a whitelist request, cant wait to play with you guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

12. Post #412
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    I'll be setting up a tree farm in the spawn room of the new whitecliff portal. No annoying leaves (or only 2-3) for you!

Edited:

just sent a whitelist request, cant wait to play with you guys
    Profan just went offline

13. Post #413
    August 2010
    653 Posts
    cant connect :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete India Show Events

14. Post #414
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,189 Posts
    For anyone who can't connect, just try a couple times and you'll get in.

Something is messing up though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

15. Post #415
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    made the whitecliff nether gate look a bit better and added a tree farm.

http://localhostr.com/file/SLwc487/2011-02-04_21.43.16.pnghttp://localhostr.com/file/3K2qQlR/2011-02-04_21.43.26.png

16. Post #416
    November 2008
    2,482 Posts
    How do I go to Nether? I teleported through Purp city's portal and it redirects me to connect to s1.thepointofbuilding.net:443
    I assume there is 2 more numbers after 443
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #417
    August 2010
    330 Posts
    Not trying to be rude but when building roads make them good. The road leading from Whitegrounds is a prime example as it's quite frankly lazy. One line wide, ugly and unsafe. Please, if you make a road try to make it good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #418
    I'll come on the server as long as it isn't fucking around any more. Still haven't gotten my stuff back... eventually I hope. Maybe I'll help build some roads.

That was awesome Kona! That inspired me to try and write Minecraft adventure stories. haha

19. Post #419
    I'll come on the server as long as it isn't fucking around any more. Still haven't gotten my stuff back... eventually I hope. Maybe I'll help build some roads.

That was awesome Kona! That inspired me to try and write Minecraft adventure stories. haha
    It should be fine now, returning stuff tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    With Svea doing good, even without me, thx too Gawdofrofl and Nath2010uk i have decided to go out and start a new town. And i want to make it more city like with skyscrapers and other high buildings, preferably on futuristic style. Earlier today plasmagamer wanted to start a new town with me. So if you read this please respond.

21. Post #421
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,962 Posts
    Oh shit I think I accidentally banned myself from the server

Edited:

works now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    With Svea doing good, even without me, thx too Gawdofrofl and Nath2010uk i have decided to go out and start a new town. And i want to make it more city like with skyscrapers and other high buildings, preferably on futuristic style. Earlier today plasmagamer wanted to start a new town with me. So if you read this please respond.
    this would be cool. I'm in. I just hope it isn't claustrophobic would be nice if we had some wide streets or with a little greenery in the middle.
    Central Park?

23. Post #423
    July 2010
    524 Posts
    Server is still down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    August 2010
    384 Posts
    I think the server is down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2009
    3,687 Posts
    And I was going to go on :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

26. Post #426
    August 2010
    384 Posts
    Profan is probably sleeping since its 2:53 am in sweden.

27. Post #427
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    Profan is probably sleeping since its 2:53 am in sweden.
    Someone go knock on his front door.

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    1 hour

minecraft withdrawl

:smith:

hnnnnnnghnnnnnggfffffffffnhhhhhhgggggggg

29. Post #429
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    1 hour

minecraft withdrawl

:smith:

hnnnnnnghnnnnnggfffffffffnhhhhhhgggggggg
    I want to work on the Spawn/Ironridge Road SO BAD. Orkel is there anything you can do?

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    Sever isn't up still. Shizzlepixle

31. Post #431
    August 2010
    384 Posts
    I want to finish my Ironridge house D:! come back..... on..line!

32. Post #432
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    FP Username: Awegner
    MC Username: DukeTheBuilda
    Why you want to join:
    I am a skilled crafter, I enjoy building and I am very freindly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    I want to finish my Ironridge house D:! come back..... on..line!
    I have found the perfect "fix" for downtime.

Editing the wiki!

Anyone have a better image of Ironridge to use?

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    FP Username: Awegner
    MC Username: DukeTheBuilda
    Why you want to join:
    I am a skilled crafter, I enjoy building and I am very friendly.
    First of all, wish you luck in getting whitelisted and second. Svea is a awesome place for beginners and the coordinates for the city is -700,50. Hope to see you there. ~TheNub(MC:gawdofrofls) MA

35. Post #435
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    First of all, wish you luck in getting whitelisted and second. Svea is a awesome place for beginners and the coordinates for the city is -700,50. Hope to see you there. ~TheNub(MC:gawdofrofls) MA
    Thanks, been looking to get some multiplayer after I finished a a big underwater project, I might even do a video on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

36. Post #436
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,030 Posts
    Why do I have so many "Logging in..." issues?

Edited:

I have found the perfect "fix" for downtime.

Editing the wiki!

Anyone have a better image of Ironridge to use?
    Oh it's down.

I'm glad the Safety Level idea caught on. :)

Edited:

Thanks, been looking to get some multiplayer after I finished a a big underwater project, I might even do a video on it.
    Making a video would greatly increase your chances of getting whitelisted. Otherwise it'd just take a while.

37. Post #437
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    Agoat and I are wiki editing buds.

Edited:

:respek:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #438
    December 2009
    2,218 Posts
    i applied a while ago did you get my application?

39. Post #439
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    I keep timing out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,308 Posts
    Same here.