1. Post #1
    October 2007
    608 Posts

Welcome to the fourth 'What are you working on' thread.

This is the place to post whatever web project you're working on currently. Whether it's a snippet of code you're writing, a Photoshop/Illustrator composition, or a link to your latest website, post it here for some (hopefully) useful feedback from the rest of the community!

(Yes, I'm still trawling through 125 pages, this section will continue to be updated)
    http://pixellegacy.com/files/

Simple directory lister for playing some NSF files. Click on a title, and it will play the file for you.
    I also made a file uploader for it, but i'm not going to release it live just yet.

That's what iteration is for :)

Next step is toying with better ways to display websites than just a big screenshot like that, because I think that's the main thing detracting from the design right now.

Looks a lot better with a different piece in the rotator area:

Edited:

Planning on playing with the little splashy bits too as those were just quickly added a couple minutes before I saved it out.

And it still doesn't have a name
    Things are looking up for Muxdos. We have a new team member in the form of h2ooooooo.
    Here's something i did today:

And here's something i did a while ago.
    I finished my installer for feather uploader today. It does everything on one page with AJAX.

Ticket view getting prettier
    Working on a possible design for my website, tdoyle.me. I've been messing around with transitions and stuff and came up with something I think I might actually use. (obviously the text on the homepage description will change.)

[link]

Edited:

Also I am unsure about the layout of the "Projects" area.

I <3 CSS3. So much.

Little bit of an update.

Probably going to push the about us bit down a bit and stick a featured project up there because I'm not too fond of how far down the page the work is being pushed right now. Contact form is going to be collapsed by default too.
    Submitted EasyEdit to Code Canyon.

ifaux; posted:
    Lookin' awesome turb :3:

Anyways..

I dunno how I'm going to do the actual graph..lines..yet. I'm going to do whatever I have to to get them smooth. Except flash. Probably handcrafted JS on a Canvas, and the lines would be bezier curves.

I kept telling myself I wanted Fluffy's website to be Microsoft-y to indicate the fact that it's on Windows, but ehh, quality sucked. Thoughts on this attempt at polishing?
    It's a basic online password manager, I am unhappy with current ones. :)
    I've been working on the design for my brother's site for a bit. All done form scratch.

Keep in mind i've never learned anything about web design, but i do have a sense of what looks good and what looks bad just from observing other site designs. I'd love some criticism.
    hacksore posted:

[list][*]Web Development Questions that Don't Need Their Own Thread - This is a good place to get any technical questions you may have answered.
    [*]The Big Fat Thread of Knowledge™ - Valuable resources for both developers and designers.
    [*]Post your Website: v2[/list]

[list][*]Version 3 (14th July 2010 - 2 February 2011)
    [*]Version 2 (15th May 2010 - 14th July 2010)
    [*]Version 1 (27th November 2009 - 15th May 2010)[/list]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly x 5Programming King x 3Winner x 2Artistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts
    BASTARD

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FINISH MINE

D:

a
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Safari would be a light blue/cyan color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts
    I'm thinkin' Safari should be silver/gray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    I think chrome would be green though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2007
    608 Posts
    BASTARD

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FINISH MINE

D:

a
    :smith:

I'm thinkin' Safari should be silver/gray.
    Just like the rest of OSX's chrome?

But yeah, I agree. Problem is, it's hard to make a solid colour look silver, it would most likely just look gray (as you noted). Not that there's anything wrong with monochromatic colourschemes.

Edited:
    Has to be shinah!
    Haha, would be nice, but sort of hard to accomplish with a solid colour only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

7. Post #7
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    :smith:

Just like the rest of OSX's chrome?

But yeah, I agree. Problem is, it's hard to make a solid colour look silver, it would most likely just look gray.
    Has to be shinah!

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    I think chrome would be green though.
    I would think chrome as like something shiny with gray
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    I would think chrome as like something shiny with gray
    I think google chrome as being green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts
    I know! Safari should be glossy and gradienty. I can design the stuff if you want, Fizzidar

*waits to show up in the highlights*

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    Most anti-climatic last post ever, BrettJay.

Great OP, however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts

I designed this 10 months ago. I think I improved, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2007
    159 Posts

For some reason I'm not as enticed by this design as I once was. Bounce rates are also increasing... I wonder if the quality of game icons has decreased or if I'm just getting a different breed of user.

I should note that if you roll over a game icon, short description text will roll up from the bottom of the icon.

Any suggestions?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts
    Do not like the inner shadows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    608 Posts
    Do not like the inner shadows.
    Yeah, the inner shadows are a little heavy-handed (and on a diagonal angle, I prefer shadows to be 90 degrees up or down). The layout is fairly solid overall; I think just the header needs a bit of an overhaul; it's looking a bit cramped; try consolidating elements. For example, the categories may be able to go in a dropdown menu from Games. It is useful to have the categories available at all times, that's more of an example; try and find things you can combine or simplify to reduce clutter.

As it stands, with the elements how they are, the logo, navigation and login are looking a little too cramped.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,545 Posts

Client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    Great, nice stuff on the first page already :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2007
    159 Posts

Updated the navigation bar, still concerned about the game icons. I feel like I should add a short description of the game somewhere, but there's not enough room at the moment. Dilemmas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    a2h
    Gold Member

September 2008
    2,460 Posts
    Ah, sprayapp. Haven't touched it in a while now after starting work on Fluffy, and I don't really like PHP much nowadays. :gbsmith:

Anyway, really nice banner and heading images! Though kinda sad this didn't get to happen:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2007
    608 Posts
    Ah, sprayapp. Haven't touched it in a while now after starting work on Fluffy, and I don't really like PHP much nowadays. :gbsmith:

Anyway, really nice banner and heading images! Though kinda sad this didn't get to happen:

:saddowns:

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    Yay for v4 :D

Anyway I need to name my website, could you help me? For the extension I was thinking about .net

My name is Gabriele Cirulli, username TerabyteST (abbreviated Tera), I do level design, 3d graphics, and some 2D design too.
    I was looking for a cool name, easy to remember, that somehow reflects those aspects I posed above.
    I've already thought about gcirulli.net but it sucks so bad, I was looking for something cooler. Maybe an astract name too.

:buddy:?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events

23. Post #23
    July 2007
    1,282 Posts

Anyway I need to name my website, could you help me? For the extension I was thinking about .net

My name is Gabriele Cirulli, username TerabyteST (abbreviated Tera), I do level design, 3d graphics, and some 2D design too.
    I was looking for a cool name, easy to remember, that somehow reflects those aspects I posed above.
    I've already thought about gcirulli.net but it sucks so bad, I was looking for something cooler. Maybe an astract name too.

Go .com

What are you going to feature on your website?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    Sort of a portfolio, with a blog to keep track of my projects and a gallery of works done.

25. Post #25
    April 2007
    1,230 Posts

I designed this 10 months ago. I think I improved, right?
    Was about to say how its not quite up to your usual standard, then I read the bottom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2009
    987 Posts
    Yay I'm in the OP!

Also,

27. Post #27
    April 2007
    1,230 Posts
    Looks a little too simple for my liking if I am honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Yay I'm in the OP!

Also,
    Needs more whitespace, it's very cramped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    I spent $10 on this.
    April 2009
    5,468 Posts

Try to get the domain terabyt.es. Maybe you can offer the guy who owns it something, that might be a good name for your portfolio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2009
    987 Posts
    Needs more whitespace, it's very cramped
    It's an old picture, but I do agree.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    Try to get the domain terabyt.es. Maybe you can offer the guy who owns it something, that might be a good name for your portfolio
    Damn, that's a great name, I want that. I entered the site and it gave me a php error on the contact page..
    :eng99:

Edited:

Whois doesn't give any info either. damnit

32. Post #32
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Damn, that's a great name, I want that. I entered the site and it gave me a php error on the contact page..
    :eng99:

Edited:

Whois doesn't give any info either. damnit
    http://terabyt.es/2010/01/04/hello-w...e-1/#comment-6

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts

34. Post #34
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Please go be useless somewhere else.
    If he checks his blog, you'll get an answer. It's better than nothing.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    If he checks his blog, you'll get an answer. It's better than nothing.
    Yeah I don't think he checks his blog. Last post is from january 2010 and it's pretty much an abandoned place.

Edited:

Well, I posted. I'm probably not getting an answer anyway but w/e.

36. Post #36
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,009 Posts
    Result of messing around with photoshop for an hour or so.

I used to use fireworks but photoshop is much better, any improvements or criticism?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2007
    1,282 Posts
    Boo, I'm not in the OP :(

I posted a few awful designs but I felt the majority of mine were quite good.

39. Post #39
    I spent $10 on this.
    April 2009
    5,468 Posts
    Result of messing around with photoshop for an hour or so.

I used to use fireworks but photoshop is much better, any improvements or criticism?
    I'm not liking the colors. Also the two banner thing looks really weird, you could probably just condense it all in to one.

Edited:

Also, I'm in the OP!

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,997 Posts
    That one's taken too. It will be months before I even get an answer from the owner.