1. Post #281
    January 2011
    102 Posts
    My school has a computer basics class. I get to bring in my HTPC when I order the parts and build it with them. They're also going to assemble an old P4 system for fun. It's great to see young people who are truly interested in computer building :3:
    If the P4 has SSE3 instruction set, you could attempt to install OS X on it. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    June 2010
    8,954 Posts
    Do eeet!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,061 Posts
    If the P4 has SSE3 instruction set, you could attempt to install OS X on it. :3
    It has SSE2, as far as I can recall.

Edited:

As in P4 introduced SSE2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

4. Post #284
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    http://cipagc.zxq.net/story.php?id=5
    Oh facepunch, you so crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,548 Posts
    he then proceeds to butthurt-walk back to a small personal forum with five users, a solid black layout and more forum sections than posts

Edited:

or brightly colored and highly disorganized myspace page playing emo songs from a media player that you have to scroll for ten minutes to find
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #286
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    he then proceeds to butthurt-walk back to a small personal forum with five users, a solid black layout and more forum sections than posts
    What forum is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    thought notme was a facepunch user

or did some shit go down in gmf

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,743 Posts
    Self content.

Sorry for bad spelling, I'm on my iPod.

Okay, I played around with an ubuntu live cd and thought it was cool so i decided to install it alongside windows. Well I got to the user info page, filled it all in, but proceed was blocked out. Here's the fuck up: hitting the redraft button. Windows nor ubuntu will boot, my pc goes to a windows could not start screen. Now I gotta format the disk and reinstall all of my stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,240 Posts
    Good Job, You almost did a FatFatFatty.

That's why I use Virtual Machine, no friggin way to fuck something up badly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #290
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Good Job, You almost did a FatFatFatty.

That's why I use Virtual Machine, no friggin way to fuck something up badly.
    He did do a FatFatFatty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,240 Posts
    O shit, didn't read completely.
    I understanded that he only got a broken bootloader or whatever it is, so that the Windows can't only boot, but errything is okay.

But, Try to use Fix windows when booting windows from the windows DVD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    August 2009
    9,278 Posts
    He did do a FatFatFatty.
    almost because he didn't flip a shit unlike fatfatfuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,828 Posts
    Not really PC illiterate, more internet illiterate

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    http://cipagc.zxq.net/story.php?id=7
    I'm tempted to deny this. What do you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #295
    I'm dumb! You don't have an excuse!
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    I'm tempted to ignore you. What do- wait who was I talking to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Self content.

Sorry for bad spelling, I'm on my iPod.

Okay, I played around with an ubuntu live cd and thought it was cool so i decided to install it alongside windows. Well I got to the user info page, filled it all in, but proceed was blocked out. Here's the fuck up: hitting the redraft button. Windows nor ubuntu will boot, my pc goes to a windows could not start screen. Now I gotta format the disk and reinstall all of my stuff.
    try installing arch next :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

17. Post #297
    November 2010
    5,525 Posts
    Illiteracy from myself (I'm such a twat :buddy:)

I always forget to use "nohup" when I start a process so now I have to leave my VPS CP tab open until it's done downloading L4D2 :saddowns:

At least it's downloading at 100 Mbps, I wish I could get that kind of speed here...

Edited:

Now my laptop is overheating :froggonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,743 Posts
    New to Linux. I think arch is like make your own GUI or something. I vacant code/program anything. I got a shit ton of lua errors on gmod from trying to make the hello world script.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,240 Posts
    Print
    Hello World

Is it really hard? Yeah, I am missing tags and stuff, but it is like that, isn't it ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    New to Linux. I think arch is like make your own GUI or something. I vacant code/program anything. I got a shit ton of lua errors on gmod from trying to make the hello world script.
    You don't have to code your own desktop environment unless you're masochist or want to make something new. You can just install one from the package manager.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

21. Post #301
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,399 Posts
    So, after I got my new laptop, someone was asking "Who here wants an iPad?" in history today. I said "Not me, I have something superior."

They're all, "Nothing's better than an iPad, idiot". This seems like generic content, but here's the spice: "You probably have a rock that you think is an iPad."

It's like they think the iPad invented tablets.

22. Post #302
    November 2010
    5,525 Posts
    So, after I got my new laptop, someone was asking "Who here wants an iPad?" in history today. I said "Not me, I have something superior."

They're all, "Nothing's better than an iPad, idiot". This seems like generic content, but here's the spice: "You probably have a rock that you think is an iPad."

It's like they think the iPad invented tablets.
    Correction : Some die-hard Apple fanboys think Apple invented everything technology related.

Especially smartphones and tablets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

23. Post #303
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,399 Posts
    Correction : Some die-hard Apple fanboys think Apple invented everything technology related.
    That's a yes and a no for my entire school. They're 50/50 on the Mac v PC thing, and most of the time both sides are pretty calm about that. But when it comes to iPod, iPad, even iTunes, they think everything else is inferior.

So in a way they are fanboys, but they aren't diehard enough to be members of the Cult of Jobs.

24. Post #304
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    Well, you could technically make it yourself, but it's more install a GUI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

25. Post #305
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,050 Posts
    Sometimes I wish I had the old Youtube back
    Youtube before Google bought them was the golden era.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,626 Posts
    I remeber when it took talent to get featured.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

27. Post #307
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,050 Posts
    I remembered the time when I can watch a whole movie on youtube
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,626 Posts
    so many good times. You guys remember when the &fmt=18 thing was discovered? It was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #309
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    I remembered the time when I can watch a whole movie on youtube
    I remember having no Ads, animated avatars, and animated channel backgrounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,626 Posts
    or what about real banners above the user info and description, "link in the sidebar"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    no really it's even easier than ubuntu

then try gentoo on your netbook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #312
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts

:sigh:
    lol "ankel breakers"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22 (list)

33. Post #313
    July 2009
    3,886 Posts
    If you want to fuck shit up do it good, now there are like 3 different versions of the player itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,332 Posts
    This happened a few minutes ago. Probably not computer illiteracy, but funny none the less.

9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: >Mom goes to sleep early
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: >Rages at everyone cause noise
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: "IF I COME IN HERE ONE MORE TIME, IM GONNA PULL YOUR VIDEO CARD!"
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: *Points at TV*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...=991788&page=0

Because that VACS ain't gonna stop hackers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

36. Post #316
    November 2010
    5,525 Posts
    God damn, most of them are

It's like the Fox News of gaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    This happened a few minutes ago. Probably not computer illiteracy, but funny none the less.

9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: >Mom goes to sleep early
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: >Rages at everyone cause noise
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: "IF I COME IN HERE ONE MORE TIME, IM GONNA PULL YOUR VIDEO CARD!"
    9:20 PM - Ranger Rick: *Points at TV*
    Smart mom... Harder to get passed lack of video card unless you have onboard... Or another one laying around. Also, she was pointing at the screen to show that she was going to remove the ability for the computer to display an image to the TV.

Yup, not illiteracy, just mom ownage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,332 Posts
    Smart mom... Harder to get passed lack of video card unless you have onboard... Or another one laying around. Also, she was pointing at the screen to show that she was going to remove the ability for the computer to display an image to the TV.

Yup, not illiteracy, just mom ownage.
    She was talking to my brother and sister. They don't have a computer.

Also all the TV's in the house are CRT's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    April 2010
    2,543 Posts
    oh god the stupid in there is ... Mind blowing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #320
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,582 Posts
    thenacho posted:
    and this is coming from a person who played Xbox for 7 years before PC came out
    Umm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 34Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)