1. Post #521
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    The first thing I saw on an internet forum was a sticky about how to post images so I've never posted an image from my hard-drive :smug:

Anyone has a spare ethernet cable? My bunny ate part of it, again.

Edited:

Great, pageking and I have no content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #522
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,836 Posts
    The first thing I saw on an internet forum was a sticky about how to post images so I've never posted an image from my hard-drive :smug:

Edited:

Learn to make your own, it's easy.

also is this lying to me? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #523
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts

Edited:

But bunnies don't eat toa- nevermind.
    The first forum I was on was the Supercheats (Yes, yes) forums, when I was like 9.
    Never went on the forums, but it told you how to upload an image for your avatar.

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,453 Posts

Compwhizii stop coding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

5. Post #525
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts

Compwhizii stop coding
    The servers are down because of the shit that went down at CryTek.

Go into GGD and look at the Crysis 2 leak thread.

Edited:

And the amount of people reading it.

6. Post #526
    I'm dumb! You don't have an excuse!
    July 2009
    5,485 Posts
    Slightly late, but my old pentium 4 rig was named Cobra because of the case, and this current computer is named Davinchi for lack of a better name.
    I don't name my hard drives, though.
    I do on my Macs, my first little Indigo iMac G3 was Blueberry Apple(I wasn't that clever at the age of 5), my later Mac Mini was called Tiny (My 500gb external HD[dwarfing the internal 80gb drive] was called Tiny Sr.), and my MacBook Pro is called Sergeant Mayhem. My desktop hasn't gotten good drive names yet.

7. Post #527
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    Anyone remembers the Sony HandyCam software that prevented your computer from shutting down? Damn that was annoying, and it took quite a while for Sony to patch it...

Now, how should I electrify my cables, this thing won't stop eating them :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #528
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts
    Anyone remembers the Sony HandyCam software that prevented your computer from shutting down? Damn that was annoying, and it took quite a while for Sony to patch it...

Kill it. Bunnies taste good.

Edited:

I'm not gonna do a haley. Put an electric fence around that shit.

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

Get a cage, you two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,347 Posts
    No, speech recognition.
    Oh wait...
    Illiteracy happens twice. First with the speech recognition (which is pretty funny), and second is the news lady who says "Now, Microsoft does not happy we showed that..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #531
    July 2009
    3,886 Posts
    But bunnies don't eat toa- nevermind.
    The first forum I was on was the Supercheats (Yes, yes) forums, when I was like 9.
    Never went on the forums, but it told you how to upload an image for your avatar.
    My first forum was game-maker.nl in 2002 or 2003 could be earlier to.

Go to the pet store and get some of that stuff that makes it taste fucking horrible. And train the damn thing to. my guinea pig just walks after me when I her run on the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,518 Posts
    Enough with filesmelt. Use tinypic or something that DOESN'T OPEN THE SITE WHEN I ACCIDENTALLY MIDDLE CLICK ON IT.
    Imgur is one of the best image hosts right now. If it can survive everyone on Reddit using it, I'm sure it will be fine for Facepunch. It also has drag and drop support and the ability to rehost images, useful to avoid those anti-hotlinking notices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    January 2011
    1,511 Posts

/thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    Someone in my IT class says Word is better than Photoshop for design work.

This is the same kid that "hacked into the lens of the screen" by inverting the screen colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 28Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,201 Posts
    Quick question: How do I corrupt an mp3 file without making it look obvious? Like, retain the thumbnail but all the content becomes static or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

16. Post #536
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,836 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/105...1#post28002150

Edited:

Quick question: How do I corrupt an mp3 file without making it look obvious? Like, retain the thumbnail but all the content becomes static or something.
    Just make a .txt document with random stuff in it and make it .mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,739 Posts
    You could open it in notepad and delete a line or two, somewhere in the middle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #538
    April 2010
    4,370 Posts
    You could open it in notepad and delete a line or two, somewhere in the middle
    that doesnt corrupt it though. should replace all of a certain character or delete the first part so it doesnt open at all, otherwise theres just a hole in the center of the music.

Edited:

i just tested it

19. Post #539
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,205 Posts
    that doesnt corrupt it though. should replace all of a certain character or delete the first part so it doesnt open at all, otherwise theres just a hole in the center of the music.

Edited:

i just tested it
    Open it up in windows notepad then just save it as it is

Opening a binary file in windows notepad is the most cruel thing you can do to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

20. Post #540
    April 2010
    4,370 Posts

Opening a binary file in windows notepad is the most cruel thing you can do to it
    i did it with notepad++, explains why saving it as is didnt break it.

21. Post #541
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

Not really, only if you make sure it changes the encoding. Otherwise nothing happens.

Edited:

i did it with notepad++, explains why saving it as is didnt break it.
    Switch to ANSI, then save.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #542
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    Am I a terrible person if I download the free version of Game Maker just to use it to put together GIFs and spritesheets?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,205 Posts
    Not really, only if you make sure it changes the encoding. Otherwise nothing happens.

Edited:

Switch to ANSI, then save.
    Works fine saving it as it is without changing encoding or anything
    It adds a carriage return after every line feed and replaces NULL's with tabs randomly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

24. Post #544
    November 2010
    235 Posts
    Me: -writes some not-very-good python program-
    Friend: -looks over my shoulder- no, no, that's all wrong.
    Me: What do you mean?
    Friend: When you put the # like that, it stops it from working.
    Me: Those are comments.
    Friend: You're supposed to put them in print tags, that way the user can see them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 36 (list)

25. Post #545
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,739 Posts
    Friend: You're supposed to put them in print tags, that way the user can see them.
    #Do not punch in face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

26. Post #546
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Reminds me of my Python course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    Illiteracy happens twice. First with the speech recognition (which is pretty funny), and second is the news lady who says "Now, Microsoft does not happy we showed that..."
    The other part of illiteracy is the female news anchor who claims it was perfectly quiet...

Anyone who knows anything about filming and audiences is that on camera it may sound extremely quite, but in person you will definitely hear noise.

It is the same thing when you watch someone give a speech on TV. When there is a clap and they start talking again, they do not wait until after the clapping stops... they actually start talking while there is still some clapping. You just don't hear that clapping. If they waited until the clapping actually stopped, it would seem like the speaker stopped talking, people clapped, no clapping noise while the speaker just stands there in what seems like silence... Then randomly starts talking again.

28. Post #548
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,759 Posts
    The other part of illiteracy is the female news anchor who claims it was perfectly quite...

Anyone who knows anything about filming and audiences is that on camera it may sound extremely quite, but in person you will definitely hear noise.

It is the same thing when you watch someone give a speech on TV. When there is a clap and they start talking again, they do not wait until after the clapping stops... they actually start talking while there is still some clapping. You just don't hear that clapping. If they waited until the clapping actually stopped, it would seem like the speaker stopped talking, people clapped, no clapping noise while the speaker just stands there in what seems like silence... Then randomly starts talking again.
    Of course, there are those times where the the microphone is so insanely sensitive that it can pick up even the most subtle rustle, when you least want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #549
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,538 Posts
    Sky throttling Broadband.
    Mother: Why's the internet so slow?
    Myself: Sky interne tis being slow becuase it's peak time and we went over 7GB downalods this month.
    Mother: No, that can't be it. It's obviosuly becuase the sky-box is on.
    I have Sky Broadband. I get 150kbps at non-peak time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #550
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    This is the same kid that "hacked into the lens of the screen" by inverting the screen colours.
    Everyone at my school always does this. "IT SAVES BATTERY LIFE "
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

31. Post #551
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,538 Posts
    Well, it sorta does. Black takes less energy than white AFAIK. Not a massive amount, but a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #552
    July 2010
    1,039 Posts
    For LCD's it does nothing, the backlight still is on. If you use plasma tv as your monitor then it does. Not sure about CRT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

33. Post #553
    June 2010
    8,969 Posts
    Same thing with CRT....Less light, less power needed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

34. Post #554
    April 2010
    2,547 Posts
    The empty hard drive wasn't my fault. The controller failed and obliterated the partition table (according to the windows event logs).

I almost wish it was my fault though.

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    Well, it sorta does. Black takes less energy than white AFAIK. Not a massive amount, but a little.
    displaying Black in LCD panels takes energy because the off state of pixels in LCDs are more of a grayish grey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events

36. Post #556
    June 2010
    8,969 Posts
    displaying Black in LCD panels takes energy because the off state of pixels in LCDs are more of a grayish grey
    Hah, yea. So in fact you would save a tiny bit of electricity when your screen is white, instead of black
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

37. Post #557
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    That's why I like OLED panels. Displaying black pixels completely turns those pixels off, and since they generate their own light, black pixels take no energy whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 3 (list)

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    5,319 Posts
    Little bit of self-content here: I installed the most recent build of Crunchbang (statler, I think it is) to a 20gb partition on my laptop just to have on there. I then booted back into windows, and, like a dumb fuck, deleted the partition at 4 AM after not having slept for almost a day and a half. Screwed up GRUB, so I tried to use a self-burned win7 recovery disk to fix the boot manager. It couldn't mount my HDD for whatever reason, so I have just booted back into my crunchbang liveusb to back up my windows files.
    I guess that's sort of ironic, because now I've lost my windows 7 boot dvd and now I only have crunchbang on a flash drive ready.

39. Post #559
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,759 Posts
    Hah, yea. So in fact you would save a tiny bit of electricity when your screen is white, instead of black
    I bet if everyone in the world used inverted colors we would save enough electricity to power a lightbulb for 10 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,955 Posts
    Screw alienware, this is where its at yo!

http://anyhub.net/file/1OqX-img_0319.jpg
    My grandma gave it to me to destroy the HDD and they shes going to try and sell the other parts which i doubt is going to happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)